Desperate need to pay our package off slightly late. Will I be okay ?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Our 45 day out package payoff date is Sept 18th.
Due to some unforeseen events happening around here, we will not be able to pay our full amount before that day. We actually need an extra 8-10 days for the last $200 or so.

I did a search and have read that this happens to quite a few people, and that everything should be just fine as long as we pay in full before we are 30 days out.

Can someone who did this recently please assure me that all will be fine???
I am a nervous wreck :(

if I didn't know any better, I would have thought TGIF this post was written by me!! I'm in the same tram as you are! my payoff date is 9/6 and I need and extra few days! my travel agent has informed me that since we are making regular payments and the balance will be very minimal (compared to the overall total of the trip) WDW will not cancel our trip if not paid in full at the 45 day mark! as long as we get it in by the 30 day mark, we will be ok!!! you should also be ok!! but definatley check with travel agent or with disney themselves if you booked with them just to be on the safe side

I had an issue with my debit card on day 46 or 47 when I called to pay off my balance. At the time I did not have any credit cards so my debit card was the only option. I spoke with several people at Disney and they said if payment was not received when due, they could not guarantee the reservation. It ended up being an issue with my bank resetting my card (I still don't know what that means) but I had to pay late since it took a few days to resolve and the reservation was still good. At the end of the day, I switched banks since they could have cost me my Disney trip and now always make sure to pay ahead. This was a few years ago so rules may have changed but at that time I did not get any reassurance from any Disney employee that a late payment was ok.

Just happened to me, unforeseen circumstances happened, i had 2 reservations i had to pay off. My 45 day mark was june 26. Didn't have anything but the deposit paid. Called disney a few days ahead and they noted it, but said no guarantee to hold. Called on july 3 to pay one off and debit card wouldn't go through (went over daily limit, ugh, didn't even think about that). Had to switch money between banks and couldn't do that until the 5th. Called on 5th and that reservation had been cancelled, activate full on panic mode!! That was my in-laws who needed handicapped room!! Talked to manager, couldn't refund 200 deposit, ended up rebooking and they gave me 200 off. Sweet!! Needed a few more days for money to come through to pay off other reservation. Talked to them again about it, that reservation was still being held. I don't know what kind of pixie dust they had on that reservation because i ended up calling about a week before we were to go and reservation was still there, no problems at all! Just call them every other day or so and make sure they keep noting it in system and you should be okay. They don't want to lose money!! Chances are, that close to mark, room may not be rented out again as most people plan and book far in advance. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You should be ok, but I would call before your 45 day mark and have them notate your reservation at the very least. I have read that as long as you stay in commuication, you should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter