• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desperate for a recipie

Kreative

Earning My Ears
Can you help?

My daughter fell in love with the tomato soup recipe at T-Rex...well my Grandparents just gave me two huge sacks of frozen tomato's. Needless to say this time of year I do not have room in my freezer. So can anyone share the recipe or something close to it that I can make a.s.a.p.? Thank you so much for your time.:worship:

Sorry, I don't have the recipe, but I am concerned about the tomatoes spoiling if there is no room in the freezer. You may want to can them in jars, or dehydrate them, so they are not wasted. Both ways are very easy.

I don't see that tomato soup recipe in our index- since it is so new many of our regulkar recipe obtainers may not have eaten there. There are 2 tomato soups in the disney recipe thread if you would like to try either:

Cap May Cafe Tomato Bisque pg 100

Smoked Tomato Bisque from Chef Mickeys pg 151

You will find these on the Offical Disney Recipe Exchange Thread.

T-Rex is a chain restaurant owned by Landry's (like Rainforest Cafe) and I haven't seen any of their recipes online. The menu lists it as a tomato basil soup with Parmesan cheese so maybe you can do a google search and see what's out there. :confused3

Can you help?

My daughter fell in love with the tomato soup recipe at T-Rex...well my Grandparents just gave me two huge sacks of frozen tomato's. Needless to say this time of year I do not have room in my freezer. So can anyone share the recipe or something close to it that I can make a.s.a.p.? Thank you so much for your time.:worship:

Have you tried doing a copycat recipe google search?

I would really like this recipe. It has been a year since the other posts and I wondered if anyone has happened to find the recipe yet.

Try this one

La Madeleine Tomato Basil Soup

4 cups tomatoes (8 to 10), peeled, cored and chopped,
or 4 cups whole tomatoes, crushed (seeded will make a better soup)
4 cups unsalted tomato juice
12 to 14 fresh basil leaves
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sweet unsalted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Salt, to taste

Combine tomatoes and juice in saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium low heat. Cool slightly, then place in blender. Add basil and process to puree. This will have to be done in batches. (I'd just use an immersion blender) Return mixture to saucepan. Add butter and cream. Stir over low heat until butter and cream are incorporated. Stir in salt and pepper before serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter