Desiree's Journal - (Posts welcome)

Thanks Marcia and Doreen. I know the weight wont come off until I start working at it. I know where I need to go and get to.

Thanks for your support! It really does mean alot!
(I've got alot of catching up to do myself on everyone's journals too).

Best of luck to you both as well.

Des

Hi Desiree, I wasn't here last year when you started, but boy I'm glad you decided to come back. It takes a lot of courage to come back and post in your same journal. Kudos to you! I'm thinking I would have just started a new one instead of facing that old one. But take the chance to look at what went right in your last journal, and focus on those things.

BTW, your daughter is very cute!

Thanks so much TKD Lisa!

Yea, Devyn is another reason I want to get back into shape. She's starting softball again this year, and I really would like to be able to be there and help her and NOT get tired or worn out in the process.

Trust me it was very daunting reading over my prior posts. I thought I was big when I started this. Now I've managed to add 10 more pounds! Boy is that a waker-upper.

Well yesterday I didnt do so bad, well, with the execption of a baby shower we had at work during lunch. I did fairly well with my water too. Trying to drink 64 + ounces a day. I did scarf down a small helping of banana pudding at the baby shower but for supper we had baked fish and 2 small baked potatoes.

Chris and I also did our full exercises last night. I walked 1.75 miles (I feel like I can do more) and did my weight training. Tonight it will just be the cardio.

I did have a weak moment this morning already though. I forgot my nutrigrain bar at home and had to make an emergency stop at the vending machine. Which, by the way, is FILLED with nothing but evil things. I ended up with M&M Peanuts. 250 calories. I've already started on my water and when my break gets here I'm going to try to make a few laps around our building.

So other than the M&M's I'm hoping to have a good day.

Our scale broke at home so I need to go out and get another one. I did check last night at the gym and that one said 186.5 but my Aunt Flo is leaving so I'm hoping it will go down a bit after all the bloating subsides.

Desiree~ Hi there! I haven't had a chance to read through your journal yet, but I just wanted to stop in and thank you for your encouragement in my journal. These days, I feel like I need all of the encouragement I can get and your post put a smile on my face this morning. Thank you!:teeth: I hope that you have a wonderful day today!:Pinkbounc

Tracy:wave2:

No problem Tracy! We all could use some encouragement from time to time! Hope you have a great and relaxing day!

Hi Desiree,

I just finished your journal. You are very brave to come back. Welcome back and I'm proud of you. The whole weightloss thing takes ALOT of time. Yo've had a blip, but now you are back. Congratulations. I'll keep an eye out for your journal. Thanks for the encouragement on mine. Keep up the good work.
Beth

:wave2: Hi Desiree,
I just finished reading through your journal as well and wanted say welcome back :D ! Your daughter sure is a cutie.

Thanks Strings and Vald. It's good to be back!!

Desiree:

Just finished catching up on your journal.

You and I must have the same body type and slow metabolism. I'm a lose 2 lbs, gain gack 6 person (off Atkins). Hey baby, if I can slowly lose weight - then you can slowing lose weight. We'll do it together.

My biggest problem is getting in my excercise - I have a few good weeks and then life gets in the way and I'm struggling to find the time and energy all over again. Eating on plan is easy now - a habit. I need to make excercise the same. Do you still go to the "Y"?

From looking at your menus, it looks to me like you might not be giving yourself enough food. In my case, I'm not much of a breakfast fan - but if I get something down before noon it makes a huge difference in my energy level and appetite for the rest of the day. I also try to eat something every 2-3 hours during the day. This way I avoid getting too hungry or having a low-blood sugar spell. I've learned the hard way that cutting back and cutting back and cutting back some more only slows my metabolism down so much that I can gain weight on 800-900 calories a day! On Atkins, I'm rarely hungry but I do watch portion size - especially on those foods with a carb count. I carry prepacked snacks with me (oz. packages of nuts and sometimes string cheese) - that way I avoid the vending machine at work.

You have to find the plan that works for you. But I do believe there is definitely a link between eating the "white" carbs and gaining weight. A good way to find out if you are sensitive to these things is just try to go a week without the white flour, potatos, rice, pasta & refined sugar. Don't worry about how much you eat of everything else and just see if the scale moves in the right direction.

take care!
-Laurie

:sunny:

Hey Desiree,

Thanks so much for posting in my journal. Weight really can be a struggle. Just think of your diet as one day struggles. Just try to make it to the end of the day. Tomorrow set the same goal. I never would have dreamed I could have lost the weight I have. I noticed you have given up soft drinks. I feel that is one of the best things that I have done. My wife says that Cokes just kept me bloated all the time. Really try to suck that water down. You can mix a diet drink in occassionally. Some of my faves are Diet Sprite and another one I have discovered is Minute Maid Lite...It has 2 carbs, but the taste is wonderful and it is a nice pick me up two or three times per week when the taste buds need it.

We were in Baton Rouge a week or two ago. I really love the town, that was our third trip. While I bleed Blue, I have an affinity for LSU especially in Baseball and Football (as UK doesn't seem to know how to win in those two).

While we were in town, we went to the State Capital. I really wanted to see where Huey P. Long was assasinated. I wrote my freshman English research paper on him. I have to say the inside of your Capital building is gorgeous. We went to the top (26th floor I believe) and got to see up and down the Miss. River. Also got to see Huey P.'s grave. It was a thrill for me.

Good to talk with you and stay in touch and we'll have to meet next time we get down there and have some crawfish ( i believe that is on Atkins....what a tough diet :-} )

Later!

Dax

Well overall yesterday wasn't too bad despite the M&M fiasco.

Here was yesterday's menu:
B- M&M Peanuts
L- 2 Tuna Fish (Trying to use up the white bread in the house, we made the switch to wheat)
S- Low Fat Yogert
D- Chicken Pot Pie

I managed to get in almost 94 oz of water yesterday and we were only able to do 30 minutes of cardio. I'll only do 30 minutes until I get comfortable with it then I will try to up it 5 minutes at a time. Today is the full workout and I noticed this morning that I'm a little sore in my upper back area. No pain, no gain, er, lose in this case I guess!

Next week (on payday) I will go out and buy a new scale. A good one this time, since the last one I bought didnt last very long at all.

Laurie: Thanks so much! Yes, I still go to the Y. Well, as you read, just got back to going religiously anyways. I think I will try the no rice, potatoes, etc. and see how that works. Thanks so much for your ideas. They sound great. I usually do try to prepackage my lunch and snacks, I just need to not forget them on the counter at home!

Dax: Yea, I haven't quite managed to leap over to diet drinks just yet. I never really liked the taste of them before. I'm sure before too much longer I will be yearning for something besides water so I may give them a whirl soon enough.

Glad you like ole BR! I must admit it is a pretty nice place to live. Of course, I'm partial! :) KY usually spanks us in basketball every year. I'm a sports nut so we go to all the basketball, football and baseball games. We totally lost it bad yesterday in the SEC Tourney in basketball. At least there's always women's basketball for hopes of post-season games! (I really dont think LSU will get the bid on Sunday in the Men's tourney, not without Lloreda).

Yea, now that you mention it we do have a pretty nice capital. I love LSU's campus though. It's the most beautiful place. Yea, ole Huey was something else. They say his ghost roams around the Old Capital Building.... I've never encountered it personally, but an interesting tidbit!

Y'all have a great day today! Thanks for stopping by my journal!

:wave: Hi Desiree,
I'm so happy to hear you are still going to the Y :D . From reading your journal, I got the impression you really enjoyed it before. You sound like you are really on the right track ::yes:: .

Wishing you a Happy Weekend :sunny: !

Hi Desiree! :wave:

Thanks for stopping by my journal. From reading yours, it sounds like you're back on track. Bravo to you for coming back here!

Take things one day (I even have to do 1 hour sometimes) at a time. Losing weight in a healthy way is the best way to go about things, and that can't be accomplished overnight. Just think about how different you'll be this time next year. Or, in my case, I think about how much worse I'd be at this time next year if I didn't do anything. It's quite motivating. :earseek:

I see from your tag (and some posts) that you're an LSU fan. As a proud OSU alum, I must thank you for putting those Sooners in their rightful place last January. :teeth:

Hope you have a great weekend!

~Angela :wave2:

Hi, Desiree. :wave2: Just wanted to stop by and wish you well today. Treat yourself in a healthy way and take it day by day. Amazing things will happen!

:sunny: Enjoy your Sunday,
Erin

Phew, I'm actually proud of myself yesterday. Here's the menu:

B- 2 hard boiled eggs
L- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
D- Hamburger Helper leftovers (ok, not so proud of that one, but it needed to be gone from my fridge)
S - 4 Girl Scout Cookies (Trefoils)

As far as exercise goes, I did 35 minutes on the Eliptical machine. I feel I did far better on it yesterday than I have in the past. I really worked it! And the strength training I got in pretty much 12 reps on everything verses the 8 I had been doing. So I feel like I really accomplished something yesterday.

I've got a few things to do around the house today. I was hoping to get some yardwork in but it looks like the rain may beat me to it. Oh well, I can just concentrate on the inside then. That shouldn't take too long. The gym doesn't open until noon today so I've got some time this morning to do some things. Devyn is *supposed* to have softball practice at 2:00 today but again that may be called off due to the rain as well. Today is an easy day at the gym anyways. Only cardio. And once that's done we can goof off by watching Futurama DVD that we bought at Best Buy the other night.

Vald: Thanks! Yes, I really do enjoy going. I must admit it gets rather addictive after a while! That has to be a good thing right?!

2 sams: I do know what you mean by one hour at a time. There are definately days when that rings true. Oh, and anytime you want me to put the Sooners in their rightful place again in the future just let me know! :) I'd be happy to do it! LOL (as if I had anything to do with it! hehehehe)

Lulu: Wishing you a healthy and happy Sunday too!

I forgot to mention that I didn't do very well on my water intake yesterday. I think I only managed about 64 oz in.

Oh, and I'm starting to take vitamins again. Anyone know anything about One-A-Day Weight Smart? That's the one I'm taking.

hey desiree, i haven't been by in a few days, but it looks like you're doing a really great job getting back on track! i think it's a really good idea to get the stuff out of your house that you don't want to be eating (like finishing up the white bread, hamburger helper, etc). it's great to know it's gone so that you don' thave to worry about eating it anymore ::yes::

as for one-a-day weight smart, i don't know. i take one-a-day active, just because that's what is in my house. i think i've read that some people here on wish take the weight smart one, so maybe they'll have a better idea for you. i figure, taking any vitamin is better than taking none, so you've got that covered :). and if it helps your weight loss, even better!

hope the rain stayed away so you could get out into the yard and devyn could have practice! either way, hope you have a great day :sunny:

Yesterday went pretty well also.
B - Nutrigrain bar
L - Raisin' Canes box (4 pieces of chicken tenders, 1/2 fries and one toast) - my weak moment of the day, but I didnt eat the whole thing!
D - 2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (last of the white bread!)

Water, I think I had about 64 oz. alltogether.

Exercise - Cardio for 35 minutes and I can tell I'm getting better at that. I was able to work harder and go a bit stronger on that.

Today so far, I've had a piece of wheat toast and 2 hard boiled eggs. For lunch I brought a tuna fish sand. & a low-fat yogert. I'm already starting on my water. Oh, and I took my vitamin too.

I think on Friday I'm going to go by a pedometer and keep it on me at all times. That and a scale.

Marcia - we have the worst luck I tell you. Both of our lawnmowers wouldn't start. We just got them back from the repairman too. Needless to say, that didnt get done and Chris was pretty peeved. So, we're looking for a new lawnmower repairman too. But the rain did come eventually too, so no practice for Dev either.

:wave: Good morning Desiree,
You are really on the right track :D . Aren't you glad all of that bad stuff is out of the house now and you can replace it with healthier alternatives? Hope you have a very Happy Monday :sunny: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter