• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Designer items on Ebay...

tammymacb

Under da sea, under da sea, darlin' it's betta dow
Ok, just when you thought you'd heard the most ridiculous way to spend money ...ever, I come along.

I'm considering buying my newly adopted Chai a pet carrier, so we can take her when we travel. The carrier I want is Louis Vuitton. :faint:

A bag from the store is between $2000 and $3500. Umm, I can't spend that much. DH will kill me and I'd probably kill me too.

But, I've actually found a couple lightly used bags on Ebay. They run in the $700-$800 range, the sellers have 100% positive feedback and they've got a history of selling designer items and other Louis, Fendi etc merchandise.

I know how to look for a "real" bag up close and personal, but am still slightly nervous about doing it on the internet.

What advice would you give when I consider this purchase? I've contacted the sellers asking if they have the original paperwork sent to them from Louis...What other questions should I have?

When buying Louis Vuitton online, I pay to have Carol Diva authenticate it (I think it costs like $7) she is recognized by Pay Pal and credit card companies as an authority. www.caroldiva.com

This is another site that does the same thing.
http://www.mypoupette.com/authentications.php

My Poupette has lots of information to read and so does www.thebagforum.com Educate yourself.

Its a lot of money to spend on something you can't touch and I wouldn't spend it without an expert set of eyes giving it the once over.

Off the original topic, but are you worried about your dog smelling the other dog and trying to mask the smell with their own?

I don't think so.

I have an old crate that I've kept for crate training. It's stored in the garage and taken down for new additions. Two years ago, my spaniel mix used it as a new puppy and it got put up. Now my chai is using it at night and while we're at work, then it'll get put up again until the next puppy joins the family (a long time from now). I haven't had any problems with marking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter