Designated smoking areas?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
A friend who is a smoker wants to know if there are designated smoking areas in the parks. How many are there and where are they located? She thinks I know everything about Disney - but since we are not smokers we don't have any idea about this one. Thanks for your help.

There are several areas in all the parks....you need to look at a map and there will be little cigarette signs in blue that show where they are.

Yes there are, they are scattered all over the parks. Not sure the exact number, but there are quite a few. They are marked on the park maps for you.

There are several, the ones I can remember are: MK beside tinkerbells treasures, in front of BTMRR, next to the Indy car speedway and beside the entrance to Carousel of progress.
MGM: near gertie the dinosaur, opposite star tours, opposite narnia
epcot: theres one in every other 'country', opposite Mission:space, outside the living seas
AK: in Harambe beside the restaurant
in Asia opposite the entrance to flights of wonder
opposite Dinosaur ummm, thata all I can remember, they ARE marked on the maps and they're usually in the quiet peaceful spots, and there are PLENTY

Sometimes the marker on the map is a little vague, since they are big markers covering what ends up being a timy area. But once you get tothe area shown on the map, they're pretty obvious with large upright butt recepticles. Most of them are in out of the way locations, but there's a few that are RIGHT next to walkways. all of them are very clean and convenient, though.

Here is a link to copies of the park maps. The smoking areas are clearly marked at each park:
http://willcad.org/disney_maps.html

We don't smoke, but my wife and I have stopped at several of the smoking areas just to get away from the crowds (and smoking doesn't bother us since we have family members that smoke).

Some of the smoking areas (I am specifically thinking of the one on the waterfront at the AK as soon as you enter Asia), are very nice little nooks where you can grab some shade and relax, out of the way of the crowds.

WVParkfan said:
Some of the smoking areas (I am specifically thinking of the one on the waterfront at the AK as soon as you enter Asia), are very nice little nooks where you can grab some shade and relax, out of the way of the crowds.

Right on! Theyre fabulous!

I distinctly remember many people PRE-designated smoking areas complaining about smoking.

So, they gave all the smokers all the nooks & crannies of the park. Cute little, out-of-the-way places! The non-smokers were in an uproar on the boards...

But we still have the adorable smoking areas, which BTW - are all over the place. :thumbsup2

there are a few signs that I noticed up for smoking only but I still noticed that there were still people smoking all over the place! it was very anoying! we walked through cigarett smoke several times where there were signs posted for NO SMOKING! YUCK! but on the other hand, I did not notice many signs that were designated for smokers. Helen

Fellow smoker here!

There are tons of smoking areas. Nice ones. My favorite places (MK) are the area besides the POC ride, Next to the castle (by the cinderella fountain), the speedway nook in tomorrowland (we can watch the kids drive the cars, so cute). Epcot, a nice one next to MouseGear shop, just about on each side of the countries in World Showcase, and MGM and AK have em all over the place. I am very pleased being tucked away in a smoking area. They are nice and clean and very accomodating.

As to one poster said about people walking around the parks smoking, that just makes all the smokers look bad. It makes me FURIOUS seeing a smoker walking around smoking. I have even seen CM's just walk past them, not saying a word. That is just awful. I for one, follow the smoking rules. :)
I wish all others who smoke would too. Thats why they made SMOKING SECTIONS! :woohoo: :woohoo:

As others have said there are a lot of great smoking sections. If the map is vague just move to the general location and then let your nose lead the way :teeth:

BamaTigger: Sorry if I offended you. I have never smoked so I don't know what you guys are up against but as long as there are plenty of areas for people to do their thing it's all good right? I wonder who gets to figure out where and how many smoking areas there will be? and I wonder if they smoke or not? it could get really tricky I'll bet! again, sorry if I sounded like I was picking on anyone. Helen

helenm29 said:
there are a few signs that I noticed up for smoking only but I still noticed that there were still people smoking all over the place! it was very anoying! we walked through cigarett smoke several times where there were signs posted for NO SMOKING! YUCK! but on the other hand, I did not notice many signs that were designated for smokers. Helen

I know exactly how you feel. I smoke but usually when I'm in the parks I'm having too much fun to bother stopping to smoke. There are lots of designated smoking areas that I can go to when I feel the need, a person just has to look at their map to find one. Even though I smoke, I don't like walking through someone else's cigarette smoke when I'm not in a smoking area. It's all a matter of common curtesy. Walking around smoking is not only inconsiderate, it looks bad. :sunny:

when you walk in, get a map and they should show up there. when it was me, my hubby, and my sister in law and she smokes. we had no clue where they were so we did that. so do that and you can ride rides why she smokes so you won't have to smell the smoke :thumbsup2
have fun yall!

BamaTigger said:
There are tons of smoking areas. Nice ones. My favorite places (MK) are the area besides the POC ride, Next to the castle (by the cinderella fountain:

The one by POTC is gone and the one that used to be by Tink's Treasures is now down the hill (going toward Liberty Square) on the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter