• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desert Palms Reviews

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed at the Desert Palms and Suites recently? I am thinking of booking them for two nights prior to our stay at VGC in December. Location is not bad, plus they have a full breakfast buffet.

Never stayed there myself, but I have several friends and family who stay at Desert Palms every trip and love it. I even had it booked myself for my last trip, but chickened out because of the walk and changed to Park Vue, which I loved. I don't think the walk would be too bad in the morning, but after a long day, it would be a different story.

I also had it booked for an upcoming trip, but chickened out on the walk - with young kids, strollers and a MIL with bad knees - we moved to the BWPPI. But I am anxious to hear more about Desert Palms for possible future visits :goodvibes

Our family has stayed at Paradise Pier which is right next door, so I'm not too worried about the walk.

My mum and I stayed here 8-16 July.

My mum was very happy with it. It was very clean and we each had a queen bed to ourselves. The bed linens were very clean and in good condition. I always check for bed bugs first. Rooms come with a convieniant fridge. To me the walk is nothing, it wasn't really long enough for me to consider a walk full stop. Also very useful 7/11 next door. Staff were pleasant. There is plenty of breakfast, although I'm not sure if I would consider it healthy, depends on your perspective. While I was there they served scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, and sausage patties hot, as well as porridge/oats. There were also oranges, pastries (I didn't try) fruit loops and cornflakes as cereal. Yoghurt, toast, that you toast yourself, both brown and white bread, but the favourite seemed to be the waffle makers. Also, there was juice and coffee and iced water provided. It's all eaten off plastic disposable plates and cutlery, which was interesting. You certainly didn't go hungry so it would be a money saver if you were looking for that sort of thing. Please excuse all bad grammer, spelling etc I need to go to bed.

My mum was very happy with it. It was very clean and we each had a queen bed to ourselves. The bed linens were very clean and in good condition. I always check for bed bugs first. Rooms come with a convieniant fridge. To me the walk is nothing, it wasn't really long enough for me to consider a walk full stop. Also very useful 7/11 next door. Staff were pleasant. There is plenty of breakfast, although I'm not sure if I would consider it healthy, depends on your perspective. While I was there they served scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, and sausage patties hot, as well as porridge/oats. There were also oranges, pastries (I didn't try) fruit loops and cornflakes as cereal. Yoghurt, toast, that you toast yourself, both brown and white bread, but the favourite seemed to be the waffle makers. Also, there was juice and coffee and iced water provided. It's all eaten off plastic disposable plates and cutlery, which was interesting. You certainly didn't go hungry so it would be a money saver if you were looking for that sort of thing. Please excuse all bad grammer, spelling etc I need to go to bed.

Thank you this review is very helpful! I think we have made up our minds on staying here for our December trip!

We stayed there Jul 01-08. Overall awesome, would stay there again in a heartbeat. When I checked into it before we went, Trip Advisor rated it #9 of 133 hotels in Anaheim. We had a Yuha suite, two adults and four kids (15, 12, 6 and 5). Our king size bed was very comfortable, and the bunk beds were a decent size. Front desk staff very helpful and accommodating.

Our only complaints (which wouldn't stop us staying there again) - next time I'll find somewhere else to do laundry, as the machines were small and the dryers took three full cycles to actually dry our clothes, so one load of laundry cost me 5 hours and $8 to do. As well, the restaurant billed something to our room that we had paid cash for. The front desk got it straightened out very quickly though.

The walk wasn't too bad - we had a stroller for the boys and my inlaws, who joined us midweek, had scooters.

Thank you! We went ahead and booked the room via Costco Travel for our two nights prior to checking into the Villas at Grand Californian.

Great review, Thanks! Just curious, how crowded was the breakfast room? I'd love the breakfast, but don't want to waste precious morning time waiting for seats. But I suppose we could just grab food and take it somewhere else if no seats since it is disposable dishes?

Is the food that was listed for breakfast all free or do u pay for the waffles and all that? I was thinking all they had was cereal and fruit and little things.

Is the food that was listed for breakfast all free or do u pay for the waffles and all that? I was thinking all they had was cereal and fruit and little things.

All free. It was a decent meal - not gourmet by any means, but enough to fill us up til lunchtime.

Great review, Thanks! Just curious, how crowded was the breakfast room? I'd love the breakfast, but don't want to waste precious morning time waiting for seats. But I suppose we could just grab food and take it somewhere else if no seats since it is disposable dishes?

The have a sign saying no food to be taken out of the breakfast room but no-one was enforcing it. Passed tons of people carrying food back to their room. In our experience, as long as you were there by about 845 here was no issue with seating. They do have tables and chairs available outside too.

Thanks for all the info. We have looked at staying here in the past and its good to hear from the experts! :thumbsup2

We never had any trouble finding a seat, and we weren't exactly always early. It's all free. The waffles and everything.

We are booked here for December & are looking forward to it! I added the ART pass, just in case, for after those long days in the park. I'm assuming the morning won't be a big deal though. Is it further than Fairfield?

We are booked here for December & are looking forward to it! I added the ART pass, just in case, for after those long days in the park. I'm assuming the morning won't be a big deal though. Is it further than Fairfield?

It is on the opposite side of DL then Fairfield, right next to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel so if you know where that it, it gives you a pretty good idea of the walk. You can cross the street and it brings you to the entrance of the Grand Californian hotel.....walk down the hall and take the main exit to downtown Disney and it's not that bad of a walk at ALL.

It is on the opposite side of DL then Fairfield, right next to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel so if you know where that it, it gives you a pretty good idea of the walk. You can cross the street and it brings you to the entrance of the Grand Californian hotel.....walk down the hall and take the main exit to downtown Disney and it's not that bad of a walk at ALL.

Are you talking about the same place? Desert Palms is near the corner of Katella and Harbor.

This sounds more like the locations of BW Stovalls - Desert Palms is around the corner from the Candy Cane Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter