Desert Inn vs Desert Palms

mjlum

Mouseketeer
We usually stay at Desert Inn across the street. Wondering if Desert Palms is that much nicer (worth the extra walk time). I like the hot breakfast at Desert Palms as it looks nicer, but it's further. Can anyone weigh in?
I have an 8 year old who doesn't like to walk, but if Desert Palms is a lot nicer, it might be worth that battle. Going to parks for 3 days.

Thanks!

I have stayed at both. I really didn't mind the walk to Desert Palms, though obviously, Desert Inn is much quicker! I liked not having to cross Harbor Blvd. The nice tree lined walk to Desert Palms was, while longer, definitely not a deal breaker. I would say the Desert Palms is 'nicer' overall (interior corridors, large breakfast room with hot and cold items, renovated rooms, etc).
I'd gladly stay at Desert Palms again if it saved me $$. If I could do the Desert Inn for the same amount, then yes, the proximity to Disneyland would win out for me.

My daughters choir stayed there and quite a few them commented on not liking the walk after a long day at the park. As was said by Princess351 probably not a deal breaker but it can be a factor. They said the hotel rooms were nice.
We stayed at the PPH that trip and my daughter and two of her friends who came back to our room to pick something up oddly enough said they didn't mind that walk ( which I thought was about the same distance).

We've stayed at Desert Palms multiple times along with other hotels along Harbor and we keep going back to Desert Palms. the walk is a bit longer at the end of the night but I appreciate the underground parking, breakfast, and interior hallways - it is worth it to me. I have always had great service there and everyone is very friendly. We have a trip booked in June - who know if it will happen but if we end up re-booking we'll stay at the Desert Palms again.

I haven't stayed at Inn, but I really enjoy Palms.

It's a hotel, not a motel like D Inn is. Which is nice.

What I remember is that the rooms seem smaller at the Palms.

Then there is obviously the walk. My grown kids said they hated it, but that they would stay there again, BUT that was the furthest away they would stay.

The breakfast was really good for "free" buffet style breakfast. And they changed it up every day.

The Palms is usually pricier than the DI&S. When we stayed there we got a really good deal. I'd only choose it over the Suites if I got a really good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter