Desert Inn & Suites - Bed bugs

I'm joining you off-topic. :)

Thank you Jack. I'm glad to hear that your recovery has been going well (I sent a payer or two in your direction when your daughter posted about it and was happy to see you active on the boards again). I will make sure my dad is walking (he impressed the physical therapist at the hospital, so I'm hoping he continues to do well). :) 5 weeks seems amazing for being back to work. If you don't mind my asking, how are you feeling now? Do you feel almost back up to speed, or is a full recovery still a while off? I know the doctors had mentioned 3 months... Also, was it possible for you to enjoy Disneyland at 8 weeks? I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the time off of work for the January trip, so we also have reservations for early February and I would love for my parents to be able to join us (if my dad is ready for it). I'm just wondering if that should even be on the table, or if it would be too much for him.
OFF topic: I have always been in good condition for an old guy, I am doing well...full recovery still a ways off but I will get there. Good luck to your dad..How old is he may I ask?

Jack

As far as BB's go, I took on PVI to no avail..They really just do not care. They would not deal with me, said my kids were lieing about the roaches, (even though reported)never return my followup calls, on and on. People will always stay there whether its reported anywhere, its the location and the money....all about the $$$$$ and as long as people stay there they won't do a darn thing.

Jack

blackjackdelta said:
OFF topic: I have always been in good condition for an old guy, I am doing well...full recovery still a ways off but I will get there. Good luck to your dad..How old is he may I ask?

Jack

OT: My dad is the same way, he's 71, but his doctor says he's in great shape (body of a 50 yr old), aside from the heart problem... He's always been super active and is normally side-by-side with me for our Disneyland excursions (pushing my mom's wheelchair - I guess that's my job now).

We take all pest claims very seriously at our hotel. In any allegation, we will immediately take the room off the market and call a professional pest inspection service. They will come in and not only do a thorough cleaning and inspection of the room that was claimed to have a pest, but also any adjacent/connecting rooms, as well as the housekeeping equipment. We apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family experienced during your stay and wanted to let you know that we gave you 100% refund of your stay since mere apologies won't remedy the situation.

The threat of bed bugs in hotels is a very minor and isolated problem. The number of incidents of bed bugs affects only a minute percentage of hotels guest rooms. According to research, bed bugs are brought into hotels by guests—it is not a hotel sanitation issue. We will definetely fine tune our housekeeping detection procedures since a trained and knowledgeable housekeeping staff is one of the best lines of defense, along with having a good pest control provider if a problem were to be detected.

Teo Huerta
Anaheim Desert Inn

We take all pest claims very seriously at our hotel. In any allegation, we will immediately take the room off the market and call a professional pest inspection service. They will come in and not only do a thorough cleaning and inspection of the room that was claimed to have a pest, but also any adjacent/connecting rooms, as well as the housekeeping equipment. We apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family experienced during your stay and wanted to let you know that we gave you 100% refund of your stay since mere apologies won't remedy the situation.

The threat of bed bugs in hotels is a very minor and isolated problem. The number of incidents of bed bugs affects only a minute percentage of hotels guest rooms. According to research, bed bugs are brought into hotels by guests—it is not a hotel sanitation issue. We will definitely fine tune our housekeeping detection procedures since a trained and knowledgeable housekeeping staff is one of the best lines of defense, along with having a good pest control provider if a problem were to be detected.

Teo Huerta
Anaheim Desert Inn

Welcome to the DIS Board Teo.

I have a question.
In addition to a refund, is it possible to be moved to a new room?
Most travelers don't have the ability to move to another hotel if they find bed bugs where they had planned to stay.

Thank you for an explanation on how DI&S handles situations like this.
I sincerely hope this will set peoples minds at ease.

Geemo

We are staying at desert inn an suites right now. I did a thorough bed bug check before bringing the kids and luggage in. The front desk guy was great. The room is nice. And the location can't be beat. The breakfast sucks. But the price ant be beat either. We are in a huge room, have stayed here before, and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter