Desert Inn and Suites or Castle Inn and Suites

CraftyWitch

A sprinkle of Pixie Dust
Any preference over the two? I know the Desert is a bit closer of a walk but heard the Castle rooms are bigger. Either way we'd be getting a suite for the family.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

next trip November 2015!!!

Not one you mentioned, but I have to say I really like the Club Suite rooms at the Carousel Inn & Suites. I found the prices to be reasonable for a 1 bedroom suite.

Any preference over the two? I know the Desert is a bit closer of a walk but heard the Castle rooms are bigger. Either way we'd be getting a suite for the family.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

next trip November 2015!!!

How do they compare in price? Do they both offer breakfast? Desert Inn charges a resort fee and parking fee, it also has a quick breakfast. Does Castle have additional fees? I would consider these things when deciding which hotel.

We've stayed at Desert Inn twice, and it is nice that it is so close. We didn't have a suite, just a double queen room. The room was clean and refurbished, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was much improved over the first visit. We parked and left our van in the same spot all week, so we didn't have any issues there. A lot of their parking is underground, which can be nice. We got a good deal for our room ($89, about the same as our cheap go-to), so even when adding about $15 a night for parking and resort fee, we decided it was worth it to be so close to Disneyland.

I don't know much about the Castle Inn other than it's a further walk and the hotel is similar in age.

Unfortunately, I don't yet have anything to add. But, we are staying at Desert Inn in one of their suites on our upcoming trip this November. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was the right choice!

We stayed at Desert Inn & Suites last year in a Parlour Suite. Friends who had stayed at other hotels nearby on their visits before mine commented about our photos that the rooms look spacious compared to where they stayed.

Whilst basic the rooms were clean, our bathroom looked to have been recently refurbished and the breakfast room was being redone whilst we were there. The short walk was great for afternoon rests. The earlier you book the cheaper the rates are.n The staff were great and I felt well looked after by them.

I would stay here again.

I have stayed at the Desert Inn in the past and it was just fine. Can't beat the location. The prices are very comparable for the two with the Desert being just a touch more but the Castle does not offer breakfast. But it's good to hear the breakfast at the Desert Inn has improved a bit as it was very sparse the last time I was there. I was more wondering if the castle's theming and larger room sizes would be worth trying. But I have a feeling location will win out. Nothing like that end of night staggering back to the hotel with two little kids to think "man if we stayed here we'd already be there" LOL
Thanks for your input!

Well I would look around. For a nov trip you will not get a good price at desert inn now. You need to call them by April to get a good deal the 79, 89, 99, 109 a night rooms are early bookings.

Desert inn is ok I did not like the hard beds. The food was just ok. I think rooms are a 149 a night now? I wouldn't pay that much for desert inn. That's just my HO.
Good luck I would look around maybe Tropicana? Candy cane inn I have heard good things about. Hojos?

We stay at the Desert Inn when BWPPI is booked. Love the location and the rooms are not fancy but clean and a good size. Don't ever remember thinking the beds were hard. I have only stayed at Castle once and it was almost 15 years ago. We thought it was a dump then and have not wanted to stay there since. Plus, it is a longer walk then you realize at the end of the day.

We stay at the Desert Inn when BWPPI is booked. Love the location and the rooms are not fancy but clean and a good size. Don't ever remember thinking the beds were hard. I have only stayed at Castle once and it was almost 15 years ago. We thought it was a dump then and have not wanted to stay there since. Plus, it is a longer walk then you realize at the end of the day.
Castle Inn had a nice refurbishment a short while back. I stayed there once several years ago and swore it off like you did, but now I would consider it again. We are trying the Desert Inn this year for the first time. Our family of five has grown up over the last 7 years that we have made regular trips to DL. We need more space to be happy and their rooms seem roomier. Also I really like to stay in that first block on Harbor if we are walking, even compared to Castle Inn, the walk to Desert Inn is so nice at the end of the day and for breaks throughout the day. Lastly, some kind of breakfast works well for us, we don't like spending time at a restaurant in the morning, so Desert Inn wins there.

We've stayed at DI&S, Park Vue Inn, Castle Inn as well as all three of the DLR hotels. If it makes a difference to you, DI&S is the ONLY hotel we have stayed at with decent wifi out of all of them.

We're staying at the Castle Inn for the first time for our upcoming October trip, really because the price was right lol Usually we stay at Best Western Anaheim Inn, but couldn't pass up this deal through my husbands corporate deal program. Hopefully it's good :)

We stayed at DI&S last month, and the price and location were great. The only downside for us was the indoor pool.

I've booked DI&S for our May trip. We have 4 adults but need 4 beds. So their family suite is a great fit. Don't need anything fancy. Just clean and close to the parks. No car to park. I liked other spots but with our sleeping needs, this worked perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter