Derrick & Jens DCLW - 10/16/11 Mexican Riviara Wonder - Guest Favor Delivery Question

So I did read up a bit last night. I'm not sure though, sounds like they act like actual phones and have no clips attached to them to help you tote them around the ship...I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to have something sweet and alcoholic in one hand, be lounging in my bathing suit...and I'll figure out the other hand later...chocolate maybe? Knowing that, I wonder if walkies are still more convenient for large groups, instead of needing to call 16 couples to coordinate, we would just need to push one button to announce to the group, and they've got convenient clips on them. I'll have to ask my DF what he thinks. But good idea none-the-less!

So, I just got off the Wonder 2 weeks ago... (We went through the Panama Canal.) :cool1:
Yes... the wave phones have no clips or attachments of any kind. The must be kept in a pocket or a bag. AND if you broke it, it was a $100-$200 (I forget, because ours didn't break.)
So, you can try to get phone holders for them (I can give you a rough size,) or you can go with the walkie talkies.

Ahhhh, I didn't know they didn't come with clips. That is annoying. Maybe you are better off with the walkie talkies. :hippie:

So, I just got off the Wonder 2 weeks ago... (We went through the Panama Canal.) :cool1:
Yes... the wave phones have no clips or attachments of any kind. The must be kept in a pocket or a bag. AND if you broke it, it was a $100-$200 (I forget, because ours didn't break.)
So, you can try to get phone holders for them (I can give you a rough size,) or you can go with the walkie talkies.

Great to know Shananana, thank you! I found a great thread that has one sitting next to an iphone for size compare:
5339770973_d0949bc9c8.jpg

Ahhhh, I didn't know they didn't come with clips. That is annoying. Maybe you are better off with the walkie talkies. :hippie:

Actually, I'm thinking I can just make a little 'phone sack' to attach to the lanyards that I'm already providing for our guests. That way the phone/card are always tied together, hopefully they aren't heavy!

Something along the lines of:
GPR0Ai9l-5wN0Z4NVJskfz_fnT18oGBM1XubGefUYgBQIYK9bkQLQq8lU_Az5Rj7y47UhgUsQ69LNRDjWx0zW9s31WY8N6xeZBwF3bcaEUYUkfVoUGscfbLFh1I2wPSVLoojWtEmfP1qMtgvLIJVm0JG6g

It would give $150 back to our budget :yay:

Your little goodie bags ideas are adorable! Can't wait to see them all together.

The pressure bands sound like a lifesaver! DF and I are considering a the cruise for our DisneyMoon but we're both afraid of getting seasick! Think you may have just helped make our decision a lot easier!

Your little goodie bags ideas are adorable! Can't wait to see them all together.

The pressure bands sound like a lifesaver! DF and I are considering a the cruise for our DisneyMoon but we're both afraid of getting seasick! Think you may have just helped make our decision a lot easier!

Ohh yay! I'm glad to help make a disneymoon possible, also look into ginger pills (it's an asian thing, but makes you less sleepy than dramamine)

I have to thank everyone for the walkie talkie suggestion and information on the wave phones! I returned them today (shipped back to amazon), and injected $150 back into our budget. I have enough extra fabric from the tote bags to make some sort of holder for the wave phone at a fraction of the cost. :hug:

Of course, my head goes directly to 'what else should we get then'. So I've added a couple extra goodies to my gift bag:
Travel packs of Tylenol
Bandaids
Nightlights​

I've also got to say, this whole prep work is a little addictive. Each day I run to the mailbox excited to see what santa has brought me today. My DF even commented that he needs to start ordering stuff because he's jealous of all my packages.

Of which I've received my mugs for my bags, and my lockets for my bouquet. So I'm into full DIY mode, so will have posts soon as I get things put together.

For any cruisers out there, have you ever had gift bags for your guests? Is there any way for me to mail them to the cruise line ahead of time to have them put into guests rooms? Do I need to figure out how to stuff them into my own luggage?

Hello...just started reading your PJ....everything looks great so far....Love your dress...so pretty...:) Your bags sound great, I wish I was crafty enough to make tote bags, but I will probably end up buying them as I don't really sew.....If you want some other ideas for what to put in the bags, Figmentfan814 had the best welcome bags for her wedding!!! I think she even won for them on the Disney blog!! Anyways, I was reading someone elses PJ and she had a couple boxes shipped directly to the ship before her vow renewal, although I am not sure if they will put the bags in the cabins for you or if you have to do it yourself....Looking forward to more!!

Hello...just started reading your PJ....everything looks great so far....Love your dress...so pretty...:) Your bags sound great, I wish I was crafty enough to make tote bags, but I will probably end up buying them as I don't really sew.....If you want some other ideas for what to put in the bags, Figmentfan814 had the best welcome bags for her wedding!!! I think she even won for them on the Disney blog!! Anyways, I was reading someone elses PJ and she had a couple boxes shipped directly to the ship before her vow renewal, although I am not sure if they will put the bags in the cabins for you or if you have to do it yourself....Looking forward to more!!

Thank you for all the kind words Flurbee! I'll definitely go check out Figments bags for some more ideas. It's good to hear that it may be possible to ship my boxes to the ship, I just imagine trying to tote them along on an airline and needing to worry about the fact that I've got anti-bacterial gel in the bags lol

So I've decided to brush the dust off of my planning journal. It's been a hectic few months, and planning has been slow at best, but now realizing we're 6 weeks away it's time to kick into high gear!

So I've started communications with the Disney planner and got an answer to this question:
For any cruisers out there, have you ever had gift bags for your guests? Is there any way for me to mail them to the cruise line ahead of time to have them put into guests rooms? Do I need to figure out how to stuff them into my own luggage?

For 2$ per delivery, you can actually mail the gift bags to the ship and have them delivered to the staterooms of your guests. Yay for simple!

I've send in our 'planning packet' and am on the tail end of getting some pieces finalized. I'm struggling mostly now with music...I've no clue what to do!

Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter