Depth of pools at Typhoon Lagoon

SnapesGirl

DIS Veteran
I would like to go to Typhoon Lagoon on our next trip; however my mom cannot swim at all. She's been snorkling with me in the past, but with a life vest and will go in pools as long as the water isn't too deep. I would like her to come on some of the slides with me and the lazy river, but once you get to the end of the slide and stand up, how deep is the water? As long as its below her chin(she's 5"4), she'll be fine.

Thanks!

All of the slides go into water that is maybe 3' deep I would say. I am 5'4" as well and have no problems. The only thing that is deeper is the main area, it starts off very shallow, but I believe is about 8-10' deep at the deepest point, but that is way, way out there. She will be just fine!!!

Great to know! I know she'll be ok with me on the multiple rider slides, so we'll stick to those. My mom is an amazing person and will really do anything for me to make me happy (especially on vacation!), but I don't want her to be uncomfortable or worried about the water.

Thanks for the quick response!

Shark reef is deep also, not sure if that interested you, or not. I've never done it because that water is too cold for me.

Shark reef is deep also, not sure if that interested you, or not. I've never done it because that water is too cold for me.
The shark reef provides floatation vests for people who cannot swim well.

The lazy river and all of the slide outlet pools are less then 3 feet.

The only places with water deeper than 3 feet are Shark Reef, which is 12, and the wave pool, which is a graduated depth depending on how far in you go.

I think she'd be ok in the shark reef. We went snorkeling with sharks in Punta Cana and she was ok with a life vest, so she would probably be ok. I understand that you can't kick in the reef. Do you just float along then?

Actually just thought of something else. For the 2 person tubes, is there a size or weight limit? My mom is about a size 18 and I'm about 11/12. Would we both fit in a 2 person tube together?

I'm not sure about the life vest question or whether you and your mom would be allowed to share a tube...I'm guessing NO? Just wanted to point out that the wave pool can be extremely forceful depending on where you are standing in it. You do not need to wade out too far to feel the pull of the waves. That may be something to consider when somebody in the party is not a strong swimmer.

My wife and I are probably bigger than you and your Mom, and we were able to ride the 2 person tube on Crush N Gusher. So, I think you'd be fine on the 2 person tubes.

Actually just thought of something else. For the 2 person tubes, is there a size or weight limit? My mom is about a size 18 and I'm about 11/12. Would we both fit in a 2 person tube together?

My DH and I rode a double tube together and neither of us is on the smaller size. You pick up a tube at the bottom of the slide, and then have to carry it all the way to the top...just warning you that there are quite a few steps to the top....I was huffing and puffing LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter