Deprivation - Something to Think About

MJS

DIS Veteran
A quote from Dr. Phil's calendar for today:

"Think about deprivation another way: by overeating, you're depriving yourself of a healthy weight, an attractive appearance, self-regard and peace of mind."

This is so true. I guess it is all in the way you look at things. No more depriving ourselves of being the best that we can be! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

My DD (ohMom) gave me this calendar for a Christmas gift and I have been looking at that statement all day............................. and I needed it today.

Day #4 of "no cheating" and staying OP and it made me rethink just what I was depriving myself of. I also heard Oprah say once "that the food is not going to go away, it will still be there tomorrow" I "hear" her often too, when I think I NEED certain things to satisfy my cravings and start with a "few" tidbits and end up eating way more than I should !

This is a good thought for the day for sure!!!

Thanks for the quote!!

I'm hanging it on my fridge next to my abs incentive!!

Have a great day!!! :sunny:

What a great quote!!

I'm going to use it as my inspiration for this coming week. I've had such a problem this week keeping away from office goodies. Next week I'll tell myself, if I eat that cookie I'm depriving myself.

Thanks for sharing! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter