Depressed -Just got back from Eastern 8/5-8/12

jiminy said:
So, those of you who were on our cruise, what did you think about the rough waters? The crew kept telling us it was the worst they had ever experienced. Luckily I didn't get sick, which is weird b/c I usually get motion sickness over the least little things. And my kids were fine too, which was great.

I was on that cruise too, and the "motion of the ocean" wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be because of that tropical storm. Since I get motion sickness I thought it was going to be horrible. The day before the cruise, I took Bonnie and was fine until the second day at sea when it was rougher. I had to use those dorky looking sea bands but then I was fine. I didn't feel the ship rocking all that much, but I could see the rocking especially in the Walt Disney Theatre. During the show I kept watching the curtain swaying back and forth. That alone was making me sick. Thank goodness everbody else in my group was fine. :)

lbgraves said:
8014 is a category 4. The difference is that in your cat 6 the room ended at the sofa. In the category 4 there is a double steamer trunk and a padded chair at the end of the sofa before the verandah door. It is only big enough to allow for the extra murphy bed that folds down from the wall in front of the verandah door. ;)

That's right! I knew the steamer trunk was near the door at the verandah in 8014 and it was near my bed in this room....but it never occured to me that there was also a chair. We really never missed the extra room. If we were in it we were either changing, eating room servie, or hanging out on the verandah. Good thing I didn't spend the extra cash on the cat 4 since I didn't even notice the difference huh. :rotfl:

:wave: Kelly

mark_story said:
I've suffered signficantly from the post-cruise blues, especially after the first one that we took in February '04.

I found that, even when I'm not booking a return trip ( which I have admittedly done every year) if to set up a savings account which will go towards a future cruise. There is just something really satisfying and meaningful about setting aside even $100 per paycheck towards and account that will fund a future cruise. Sure, it accumulates slowly, but at least for me, twice a month, I know that I am investing in a magical time for myself and my family.

Does this makes you feel just a little closer -- and helps ward off the post-cruise blues just a bit.

Mark

Hey- I decided to do this too recently. I didn't start an account (not yet) but just got out a jar and am stuffing $20 in it once a week. We may not be able to take a cruise for a couple of years, but I figure by then I'll have a couple thousand dollars towards it.

It really is helping me feel better about the fact that I have to wait for awhile since I know I'm saving for my next one!

Will need to start a savings account eventually though...

I remember getting back from cruises to the real world too. But, what kept me going was thinking of and planning future cruises. Yep, we went from cruising alone (just Bob and me for a while) to getting the whole family to be cruise fanatics!

Enjoy all your future cruises!

I feel your pain,
we just got off the 8/5 too!!!

Jiminy, for us after 12 cruises it was smooth sailing!!!
A year ago we were on the an Eastern cruise and had 65 MPH cross winds with 30 to 35 foot swells!! this trip the largest swells were 13 feet.
That is a big difference.

The withdrawals can be horrible, but we have 3 more booked so that helps!The next one is 11/25/06, so I am down to planning than one now.

mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter