Depositing points into RCI

riatees

Mouseketeer
Hi all!! I've found my self in a position I've never been in before, I'm going to have expiring points!! Hubby and I are planning a Disney Cruise for November 2016 for our 25th anniversary. Since this is going to be a huge vacation for us, we wont be doing anything else vacation wise between now and then. So my question is: I have 294 points that will expire on July 1st 2016 that I can not use. Member services said that an option would be to deposit them into RCI and than I would have the option to use them until June 31st 2017. They would have to be used to book an RCI resort. Since the chances of us being able to vacation between our cruise in November and the june 2017 expiration date are very slim, I'm not too sure about doing this either. Does anyone have any experience with RCI and depositing your points? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions on how I might be able to save my points? Its a lot of points and I would hate to lose them if I cant use them in time! I already asked about using them toward the cruise, but again, they will expire before the use year of the cruise begins. Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Maria

I'd rent them in a heartbeat. Then you have the cash to use either on your cruise or, if you have a chance to sneak in a trip somewhere else. If you don't care to do the renting yourself you can contact one of the brokers such as David's to handle most of the transaction.

I'd rent them in a heartbeat. Then you have the cash to use either on your cruise or, if you have a chance to sneak in a trip somewhere else. If you don't care to do the renting yourself you can contact one of the brokers such as David's to handle most of the transaction.
I have rented in the past on these boards in the rental forum. Unfortunately, I haven't been very active on the boards lately and since they changed the rules for renting, I don't qualify. I have never tried any of the brokers, do you have experience with them and if so, how did it go?

I'd rent them, it's very likely you'd have trouble using them with RCI as well for anything you wanted.

I have rented in the past on these boards in the rental forum. Unfortunately, I haven't been very active on the boards lately and since they changed the rules for renting, I don't qualify. I have never tried any of the brokers, do you have experience with them and if so, how did it go?

You would still qualify to use the DVC Rent/Trade Board if you purchase the Gold rental plan for $24.95. For more information, check out the **How to use this Board** thread at the top of the Rent/Trade Board.

Using a rental broker like DVCrequest.com would also be an option without the need to purchase the plan and rent them yourself.

No personal experience but many good reports on the board sponsor, David's , aka dvcrequest.com

Use David's...have had multiple great experiences renting out my unused points through his company. Very easy process to list your points (everything done online through email) and they do all the research regarding availability. You, as the member, have to make the phone call into MS (or do it through online booking) to make the reservation, but they handle all the rest. FYI, you will need a PayPal account as that's where your rental payments will be deposited. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise!!

You would still qualify to use the DVC Rent/Trade Board if you purchase the Gold rental plan for $24.95. For more information, check out the **How to use this Board** thread at the top of the Rent/Trade Board.

Using a rental broker like DVCrequest.com would also be an option without the need to purchase the plan and rent them yourself.
Thank you very much for your reply, I was not aware of this option and I will be sure to check it out!!

Use David's...have had multiple great experiences renting out my unused points through his company. Very easy process to list your points (everything done online through email) and they do all the research regarding availability. You, as the member, have to make the phone call into MS (or do it through online booking) to make the reservation, but they handle all the rest. FYI, you will need a PayPal account as that's where your rental payments will be deposited. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great cruise!!
Thank you for your reply, I will check out Davids site. I have always rented on my own in the past, but it might be nice to let someone else handle the details!

I haven't had much success with RCI. Years ago we put expiring points into RCI. Little did we know how hard it was to get a reservation. I would never put points into RCI again. The last time we had points expiring, we offered them out to our friends. One took us up on it. Felt it was a lot less hassle than going thru David's or something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter