Deposit Question

trewin

Mouseketeer
My family and I were thinking about booking a 2014 Disney Cruise. ((4 days, stateroom with a verandah)) Since we'd be booking over a year in advanced, I was wondering if the deposit was refundable if something came up and we had to cancel?

Yes. The deposit is fully refundable up to the paid in full date which is 75 days before the cruise. This is for a regular room. I am not sure what the refund policy is for a concierge room.

My family and I were thinking about booking a 2014 Disney Cruise. ((4 days, stateroom with a verandah)) Since we'd be booking over a year in advanced, I was wondering if the deposit was refundable if something came up and we had to cancel?

Through DCL- yes (not sure on concierge)
Just be aware a travel agent may have additional rules to follow

Oh yeah, its refundable up until you are in hte penalty phase for your cruise date. Your other option would be to leave the deposit and move the date out further if your first date does not work for you down the road. You can do that as long as you are not in the Penalty phase too.

I book dates on board and then move them to whatever date we finally sail on, as they become available. The last I was on the Magic was 2011, so i booked a cruise for 2012 and moved to 2013. As long as the fall dates come out today I'll be moving it to 2014. And no penalties were involved in moving it at all.

Here is what comes with my booking. As you can see it is very hard to read. I would suggest to make sure you use a travel agent. It does not cost any more and they can help answer all these types of questions and take care of any problems you have. I like mine because they specialize in Disney and are not to big and not to small of a company.

Cruise Cancellation Fees: CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside (IGT), Outside (OGT) or Verandah (VGT) Categories with Restrictions are NON_REFUNDABLE and NON_TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment. Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 45 days or more - Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms 74-45 days - Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms 44-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 29 to 15 days - 75% of vacation price per Guest 14 days or less - No refund Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 56 days or more - Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms 119-56 days - Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms 55-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 29 to 15 days - 75% of vacation price per Guest 14 days or less - No refund For reservations made prior to May 15, 2012 the cancellation fees assessed will be based on the cancellation fees listed on the original confirmation unless the sailing date or vacation package is modified. Air Cancellation Fees: Any changes or cancellations to your Disney Cruise Line air arrangements (including, but not limited to sail date/air travel date changes and name changes/corrections), will result in cancellation fees assessed as follows: Domestic Air Cancellation Fees Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 74 to 45 days - 10% of the air supplement per Guest 44 to 31 days - 50% of the air supplement per Guest 44-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 30 to 0 days - 100% of the air supplement per Guest International Air Cancellation Fees Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 89 to 45 days - 50% of the air supplement per Guest 44 to 0 days - 100% of the air supplement per Guest Domestic air cancellation fees apply for sailings where both the embark and debark port are in North America. International air cancellation fees apply for all other sailing itineraries. Hotel Cancellation Fees A cancellation fee in the amount of the total hotel cost for all nights reserved will be assessed if a hotel reservation outside of Orlando is cancelled 14 days or less prior to arrival date. A cancellation fee will be assessed if a hotel reservation in Orlando is cancelled 4 days or less prior to arrival date. Please contact Disney Cruise Line for details. Service Fees Changes to a reservation may result in a per Guest service fee. Please contact Disney Cruise Line for details. Pregnancy and Infants Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy and infants under 12 weeks old will be refused passage aboard Disney Cruise Line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter