Deposit for room only vs package

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kermit116, Jan 5, 2013.

1. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

What would the deposit be for a room only vs a package with tickets? Also, aren't the cancellation times/policies different for room only?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

Deposit is one nights stay, not $200. I believe the cancelation policy is different, though I don't remember right now.

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Deposit will be first nights stay + tax. Cancellation policy is better on a room only in that you have up to 5 days prior to cancel without fee.

5. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

Package deposit - $200
    Room deposit - cost of one night stay in that room

Not sure of the cancellation for room only.
    Package cancellation/change is after 45 days - cancellation will cost you $200, package price decrease will cost $50, package price increase cost 0.

I know more knowledgeable Disney experts will know the room only cancellation policy.

Hope this helps.

6. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

I booked a room with tickets but am second guessing that choice now because of the cancellation policy on packages. We do not want a dining plan and the ticket discount only saves us $10 total over getting them at the base where my husband works as a civilian. Ugh. Not sure what to do!

7. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

Did you try the discount that came out yesterday for room only?

I booked yesterday room only, added park hopper tickets which made it a package, and got the 30% off BW Deluxe CL. If you go to the Disney website you can find the discount and see if it applies to your room. Or call Disney and ask. (good luck with calling, you have to have a lot of time on your hands)

8. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

I did book with the discount but the cancellation policy of the package makes me nervous. I might switch to a room only reservation. Just not sure what to do!

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Packages - deposit of $200, with balance due 45 days prior to arrival. If cancelled 45 days or more from arrival, full refund/no penalty. If cancelled 44 days or less from arrival, $200 cancellation fee.

Room Only - Deposit of 1 night's room rate + tax, with balance due at check in. If cancelled at least 5 days prior to arrival, full refund/no penalty; otherwise, the cancellation fee of 1 night's room rate is charged.

10. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Package - $200 deposit, pay in full 45 days in advance, penalties for cancelling are higher.
    Room only - one night's deposit, no penalty if cancelled before 5 days of arrival, one night's penalty for cancelling within 5 days of arrival, payment in full on check in.

The benefits of a package never outweighed the risks of cancellation to me. I don't do the dining plan, so I only book room only reservations and get my tickets at a discount from Undercover Tourist!

11. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

Thanks for all the info!

12. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

thinking I should rebook as room only.....we will never use those vouchers and you never know what might come up in those last 45 days.....looks like it's still available for the room type, date, resort I want as room only...hmmmmmm