• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deposit and Moving to April 2021 question

SpinDocMama

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have a reservation for July 27. I would like to cancel/rebook to April 2021. I have been trying for a few days to get through the reservation system with no luck either on the phone or online. I have been reading the threads and I know this is a universal problem and they are trying to get to everyone. Two questions, though...

1) Will they even rebook me for April 2021 at this point? Will any of the discounts transfer (first it was April 2020 moved with free meal plan, now it's 35% off, I think..) I was just wondering. They were such good deals but we are just not comfortable travelling right now (we'd be coming from New Hampshire, flying, etc...) My husband is an essential worker so our dates are set... either now or next April...

2) If I don't get through to them in time to be within the 30 day window, will they refund my $200 deposit? I know it's not much, but it would ease my mind if I knew I was getting it back.

Thank you in advance for your help, Disney experts?

1) the recovery deal expires at the end of the year. They'll rebook you to April 2021, but it might be less of an aggravation to just book what you want in 2021 online right now and then deal with the cancellation.
2) The deadline to cancel has been changed through October 3 (?). I think it's like 5 days or even the day before?

Pretty sure you will lose the discount. From my experience, it seems easier to cancel and rebook at this point.

I am in a similar situation. I got the 35% recovery offer for my trip that was rescheduled to August of this year. I read on another thread that the 35% offer is only valid until the end of 2020. So, you can only keep it if you schedule for another time this year. I feel the same as you and do not feel comfortable traveling this year and just booked a trip for April 2021 online yesterday. I will cancel my August trip when the phone lines are less busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter