Departure Flight Times

brat5063

Mouseketeer
This is our first cruise, sorry if this has been asked a million times.

When is a safe time to book your return flight home? I was actually looking at a 6:50 pm flight home because it's the cheapest at the moment, but I think we will have a lot of time at the airport to kill. As a newbie we paid for the DCL transportation all ready and are also doing the early dinner seating so we will be eatting breakfast super early (so I read). How late can we stay on the boat?

TIA

hey try to clear everyone off the ship by 9am (usually by 9:30 most guests are off). The earliest flight I would feel comfortable with is 1pm. (We have been on a couple of cruises where the ship did not clear customs at the usual time and people didn't start disembarking until 8:30am).

You can always change your transportation option (that's refundable up until right before you use it). Renting a car is very easy (we like Budget, they are very friendly in Port Canaveral and the drop off is right in the airport at MCO and we've always found great discount codes). With that, you'd be free to sightsee for a little while before heading to the airport. Can do something in the Cape Canaveral area or even Downtown Disney for a little while. Another option if you want to keep DCL transfers is to get a day room at the Hyatt. It can be a long day of travel if you are up for early breakfast and have a later flight home.

This is our first cruise, sorry if this has been asked a million times.

When is a safe time to book your return flight home? I was actually looking at a 6:50 pm flight home because it's the cheapest at the moment, but I think we will have a lot of time at the airport to kill. As a newbie we paid for the DCL transportation all ready and are also doing the early dinner seating so we will be eatting breakfast super early (so I read). How late can we stay on the boat?

TIA

DCL recommends nothing before 12:30 pm....but you can easily make a flight from about 11:30 on....barring any delays with the ship coming back into port or delays on the highway on the way to airport or delays at the airport.

Many people do a one-way rental and keep the luggage in the car and sightsee or some get a day room at the Hyatt in the airport and chill out for the day...use the pool, nap, watch TV, etc. then just walk down to your gate when it is time. The day rooms are about $89.00

MJ

How do you get the $89 day room rate at the Hyatt? I looked at their website, but couldn't figure out how to reserve a day room.:confused3

How do you get the $89 day room rate at the Hyatt? I looked at their website, but couldn't figure out how to reserve a day room.:confused3

Walk up to the counter and ask for it, I think its based on availability. We plan on doing that the day we leave as well, we have a 4PM flight home and spent way too much time in the Sky Club the last time around.

Thank you for the responses. I didn't know you could get a day room at the Hyatt either.

It can't be booked online. You can call and they'll book it for you. My parents did that while we went to Universal for the day. They loved it.

Thanks for the info. Our flight is not until 5:00, so the day room sounds perfect for us!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter