Departure Day Reservations

elkesails

Mouseketeer
I have a question about how it works if I cancel and rebook reservations as soon as I board. I was only able to secure dinner and spa reservations for departure day. So I will be well past the three day cancellation window by the time I am on board. Anyone have experience canceling spa or Palo on departure day and rebooking?
I will be booking the same events just for another day/time. I am torn between keeping what I have to insure that I get that massage and dinner and giving it up in the hopes that I get a better time/day once on board. I asked DCL and they would not provide a definitive answer.

If they have openings on the days and at the times that you want to re-book, then they will most likely do it for you.
Go to the place where they do the dining reservations once you get onboard...I want to say it's usually Rockin' Bar D or Wavebands...and then go directly up to the spa.

Palo will be more flexible than the spa. Palo will move you if they have anything open, so I wouldn't worry too much about that one. The spa usually holds to their 24 hour cancellation policy as they have a hard time filling their slots on embarkation day. They typically offer discounted prices (after boarding) for services done on embarkation day.

My advice would be to cancel the spa, but hang on to Palo. After boarding, go to "Palo Reservations" to try to change that one, then head to the spa to see what you can get there. Even if you end up with the same day, you can expect a discounted price if you book it that day!

Palo will be more flexible than the spa. Palo will move you if they have anything open, so I wouldn't worry too much about that one. The spa usually holds to their 24 hour cancellation policy as they have a hard time filling their slots on embarkation day. They typically offer discounted prices (after boarding) for services done on embarkation day.

My advice would be to cancel the spa, but hang on to Palo. After boarding, go to "Palo Reservations" to try to change that one, then head to the spa to see what you can get there. Even if you end up with the same day, you can expect a discounted price if you book it that day!

great tip....thanks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter