Deodorants??

My "standard" deodorant is Secret Platinum Clear Gel.

But, during summer months, I use a natural regimen of Rubbing Alcohol (supposedly closes your underarm pores), and Apple Cider Vinegar (changes the PH balance of your underarm skin). Apply one or both (I use both) to a cotton swab and simply apply to underarm skin. Of course, I keep the hair under my arms shaved at all times.

It works like a charm and I stay dry and fresh all throughout the day.

I love Degree clear and DD has just started using Secret Clinical (formerly by prescription) She has a real perspiration problem and was about to go to Costa Rica for a month and I got it for her. She says it is excellent. You actually apply it at night and only a tiny amount does the trick. It was expensive ($8) but it's the only anti-perspirant that has worked for her.

I am going to have to try the Secret Clinical! I signed up for the free sample but I need it now!! I'm not as concerned about the wetness as I am the smell! :scared:

I have tried everything- I use men's deodorants and antiperspirants and some might work for a week and then I have to change to another kind!!! The SpeedStick 24/7 was working for awhile- I even tried it in the women's version- that worked pretty well too- for awhile...

I also use the Almay unscented antiperspirant/deoderant and have for years. At one point when money was really really tight I'd use whatever antiperspirant/deoderant I would get for free after coupons and rebates, but nothing ever worked as well as the Almay.

Dd12 uses the same. She tried several other brands as well but prefers the Almay. She dances (7.5 hrs of ballet/week!) and finds that the Almay works the best.

Maybe I'll try that for my dd10. I've started her on Suave deodorant, fresh or powder scent (can't find an unscented in suave). I fugure since she's so young she doesn't need a super-strong deodorant, but, well.....if she doesn't use one its obvious! I had her try Mitchum, which I use, made her underarms raw. Almay is noted for being gentle, maybe I'll have her try that. Thanks!

Hi,
I have used Dove and Soft and dry in the past, but I just recently switched to Degree Ultra Clear, and I really like it.

I also want to try Secret Clinical Strength since I work long hours...

How does an anti-perspirant work? Does it just clog the pores so sweat can't escape? I thought people were warned not to use them because long-term use could cause the big C.

from Numberwatch
The complete list of things that give you cancer (according to epidemiologists)

Acetaldehyde, acrylamide, acrylonitril, abortion, agent orange, alar, alcohol, air pollution, aldrin, alfatoxin, arsenic, arsine, asbestos, asphalt fumes, atrazine, AZT, baby food, barbequed meat, benzene, benzidine, benzopyrene, beryllium, beta-carotene, betel nuts, birth control pills, bottled water, bracken, bread, breasts, bus stations, calcium channel blockers, cadmium, captan, carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, careers for women, casual sex, car fumes, celery, charred foods, chewing gum, Chinese food, Chinese herbal supplements, chips, chloramphenicol, chlordane, chlorinated camphene, chlorinated water, chlorodiphenyl, chloroform, cholesterol, low cholesterol, chromium, coal tar, coffee, coke ovens, crackers, creosote, cyclamates, dairy products, deodorants, depleted uranium, depression, dichloryacetylene, DDT, dieldrin, diesel exhaust, diet soda, dimethyl sulphate, dinitrotouluene, dioxin, dioxane, epichlorhydrin, ethyle acrilate, ethylene, ethilene dibromide, ethnic beliefs,ethylene dichloride, Ex-Lax, fat, fluoridation, flying, formaldehyde, free radicals, french fries, fruit, gasoline, genes, gingerbread, global warming, gluteraldehyde, granite, grilled meat, Gulf war, hair dyes, hamburgers, heliobacter pylori, hepatitis B virus, hexachlorbutadiene, hexachlorethane, high bone mass, HPMA, HRT, hydrazine, hydrogen peroxide, incense, infertility, jewellery, Kepone, kissing, lack of exercise, laxatives, lead, left handedness, Lindane, Listerine, low fibre diet, magnetic fields, malonaldehyde, mammograms, manganese, marijuana, methyl bromide, methylene chloride, menopause, microwave ovens, milk hormones, mixed spices, mobile phones, MTBE, nickel, night lighting, night shifts, nitrates, not breast feeding, not having a twin, nuclear power plants, Nutrasweet, obesity, oestrogen, olestra, olive oil, orange juice, oxygenated gasoline, oyster sauce, ozone, ozone depletion, passive smoking, PCBs, peanuts, pesticides, pet birds, plastic IV bags, polio vaccine, potato crisps (chips), power lines, proteins, Prozac, PVC, radio masts, radon, railway sleepers, red meat, Roundup, saccharin, salt, selenium, semiconductor plants, shellfish, sick buildings, soy sauce, stress, strontium, styrene, sulphuric acid, sun beds, sunlight, sunscreen, talc, tetrachloroethylene, testosterone, tight bras, toast, toasters, tobacco, tooth fillings, toothpaste (with fluoride or bleach), train stations, trichloroethylene, under-arm shaving, unvented stoves, uranium, UV radiation, vegetables, vinyl bromide, vinyl chloride, vinyl fluoride, vinyl toys, vitamins, vitreous fibres, wallpaper, weedkiller (2-4 D), welding fumes, well water, weight gain, winter, wood dust, work, x-rays.

Stay away from the OJ! Wow- not sure how accurate this is, but quite interesting.

Anyways- I use Secret Platinum Semi-Solid. Just switched from regular solid Secret. I hate gels, but this semi-solid does not leave you feeling wet and goopy.

What the heck is a coke oven?

Love Mitchum (for women) - it is a combination anti-perspirant and deodorant, gel. Dries quickly and WORKS!!! I like the "shower fresh" scent best. :thumbsup2

I use Secret or Lady Mitchium(sp). Usually use Secret in winter and the other in summer. Lady Mitchium is in a green container and works so well you could skip a day or so says the package and in the winter I would agree but summer not so sure.

I also prefer the gels that go on clear. I can't stand roll on even the sheer dry ones I hate.

My favs are baby powder and lavender ones by secret and the baby powder by Mitchium.

Okay, big confession: I have a never used Ban Shower Fresh solid that I keep by the computer--it smells just like BCV! :rotfl:
Hey, I look at my Mickey bobble head (formal attire) & whiff the Ban--ahhh! BCV!

:rotfl: This reminds me of my daughter, who tried Mitchum earlier this year. I'm not sure of which scent, but she swears she's on Soarin'. Picture it. Driving down the highway....air vents open....fan on....arms in the air....and Soarin' on the CD! That's my girl! :lmao:

I have a question for you Secret Clinical Strength users. The "tutorial" video on teh website says it is best applied at night, and I think abother poster said they put it on at night. What if you shower in the morning? I just cannot get started on my day if I don't have a morning shower, showering at night does not work for me. Does it work as well if you put it on in the morning? What about reapplying after an afternoon shower or swim at WDW? TIA

I'm hooked on the ban in the green tube. I love the smell and it lasts all day without any issues. I tried dove but it couldn't stand up to the texas heat.

I was just deoderant shopping tonight but couldn't find one without aluminum so I figured I'd wait and research somemore (I'm not completely out yet :rotfl: ). I will definitely be looking into this Secret Clinical Strength if it does not contain aluminum. I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread! :woohoo:

The Secret Clinical Strength is on sale at Rite Aid this week for $8 with a $6 rebate. I am buying some for my trip thanks to all the reccomendations

The Secret Clinical Strength is on sale at Rite Aid this week for $8 with a $6 rebate. I am buying some for my trip thanks to all the reccomendations

There's was a $2.00 coupon in today's paper for this, which makes it free after rebate. I love getting things FAR at Rite Aid. I picked one up today for my trip too.

There's was a $2.00 coupon in today's paper for this, which makes it free after rebate. I love getting things FAR at Rite Aid. I picked one up today for my trip too.

Thanks!! Even better!!

I love Lady Speed Stick. I have used it for years. I like the one with the pink cap (floral scent) and the blue cap (baby powder scent). I have had people comment on the pleasant scent and wondering what it is. And this is when I wasn't wearing perfume so the only thing it could be is the deodorant. I'm not much of a perspirer so I can't say if it's good if you really NEED it.

I have a question for you Secret Clinical Strength users. The "tutorial" video on teh website says it is best applied at night, and I think abother poster said they put it on at night. What if you shower in the morning? I just cannot get started on my day if I don't have a morning shower, showering at night does not work for me. Does it work as well if you put it on in the morning? What about reapplying after an afternoon shower or swim at WDW? TIA

When I do have a take a shower during the day, I just reapply it. It still works, but is suppose to work the best when you apply it an night. Not sure about after a swim??? The soap is what washes if off in the shower. Make sure to get your sample from their website so you can try it.

It does not have a strong scent!!

I think you are supposed to put it on in the am and pm for best results. Each box comes w/actual paper instructions. I will warn you though, you don't get a lot of ounces for the $$ but it works the best for me. I still sweat but I'm not putting it on at night, so that might be why. Plus, I normally pour buckets nearly immediately after getting out of the shower.

I wish my doctor would just approve botox for me! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter