Dental fillings for a 4 year old

Thanks guys. They are doing all 8 fillings in two treatments. I scheduled the first treatment for next Thursday. Wish us luck! They are going to do light sedation on her to calm her. I hope it goes well. :hug:

Best Wishes to both of you. :hug:

Just completed 12 cavities with my 9 year old DD. She is autistic and we had never managed to get her in the chair for even a cleaning. She did fantastic, borrowing her sister ipod so she can listen to HSM really help, as did holding a stuft animal. Think it really helped that we used a pediatric dentist and the dentist had planned on doing everything in 4 appt, with a few week in between. We went ahead and did the nitrious so she didn't have to have any injections and they were able to complete everything in 2 visits. Insurance normally doesn't cover the nitrious, but they put a note on the ins form that they used it do to her autism and they ended up paying 80%. We do have good insurance, but they will only cover 80% of the cost of amalgam fillings and her dentist only does composite. So even with the insurance it was over $700.
I used to work in the front office of a dental office, so I knew we had to get these teeth filled. Also at 9 she has only lost 8 teeth. Each tooth takes 5-6 mos to come in. She lost her first tooth at 7.5, so figured she will have the remaining teeth for a while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter