Denise's Happy, Healthy,Healing Journal-Posts welcome

Whew, finally got a chance to post on my journal. We were in Florida for 9 days, then I spent this past week getting back into the work mode and also had things to do to get ready for my dil's bridal shower which was yesterday. So much has happened that I'll just take one thing at a time.

Our trip to Florida was a blast! We spent Fri-Mon a.m. in Singer Island which is just north of Palm Beach. We stayed in a condo- 21st floor-oceanfront, and had a bird's eye view of Tropical Storm Barry. We ate at some great restaurants, and visited the Flager Museum in Palm Beach. We had a wonderful guide which made the tour of the home even more enjoyable. Flagler was one of the founders of Standard Oil along with Rockefeller. The mansion was his winter escape. Words cannot describe the opulence of his mansion! If you're ever in the area, this is a great tourist spot.

Needless to say, I really didn't watch my eating while on vaca. I got home weighing a few more pounds than when I left. I don't allow myself to get upset about weight gain anymore. Life is just too short to spend time worrying. I just need to begin jornaling my food again, and everything should fall back into place. I have less than 7 weeks till the wedding, so I must be in control!

I'll post more about the trip later. I missed the support and friendliness of the Dis community. One of my goals for the week is to check in on the Dis more, and also to keep that food journal.

I hope everyone has a super week!!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I can really to the wedding stuff. My DS's wedding was just two days ago. It was wonderful. Though I'm still trying to get my house back to normal.

Just a quickie post to announce a milestone. Yesterday was my 1st year "anniversary" of posting on the Wish journals. I need to look back and review the year and all the challenges and events, and then grow from them and make this year even better!

Hello Denise!

Sounds like a great trip, and a renewal, which I think we all come back to realize! :goodvibes

Have a great week!

Wendy

I bet when you look back you will be amazed at how much you accomplished in a year. I know I am physically stronger this year than last. I hope I have grown mentally as well. Harder to measure that.

Hi!

Hope you have a great 4th!

Take care and keep it going.

Wendy

Hi everyone! I finally decided to sit down and play a little catch up. There's a lot of things going on and I've been quite busy. My son's wedding is quickly approaching so there's a bunch of stuff to take care of. We're hosting the rehearsal dinner and brunch on the Sunday after, so I'm taking care of those details.

I'm doing ok fitness and health wise. I could be eating less and moving more, but I'm not going to obsess right now.

I'm ready to put dinner on the table...to be continued.

Happy Fourth of July everyone! Hope you all had a chance to enjoy your hometown activities. We caught a parade this morning,and had a bbq with our son and dil. Then we went to see Ratatouille. I really enjoyed it! My dh and I discussed how WDW could make it into a new attraction. It could be near France in Epcot, and it would be part water ride taking place in the Paris sewers.

We getting ready to go to DH's company picnic in Hershey this weekend. It's the park's 100th birthday and they've added a new area called the Boardwalk. I wonder where that came from? All kidding aside, we really love Hershey and we've enjoyed it with our kids for years before we could afford WDW. As an added bonus this year, we'll also get to see the house that our daughter and sil are buying in Harrisburg.They are so excited!

The countdown clock is ticking for the wedding. I need to start making my lists for things to take care of in the house and for the wedding itself.

My Curves moved. Now its a couple of miles away instead of a couple of blocks. I'm really disappointed in the new location. They said the new facility would be larger, but its not. In fact, I think its smaller. They're probably saving money on rent cause its in a dumpy office building. This might be the catalyst I need to change clubs.

Have a great rest of the week.

I'm still in 'catch up' mode, Dee. Glad all the tests came back OK. Hard to wait & there's just so many challenges at this point in our lives.

Wedding is almost here! Exciting! But remember to take care of you & get some DEE time!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

HI!

I know you are going to have a blast at Hersey. I have heard only good things about the park. It must be a great picnic!

My DD wants to see Ratatoulle so much, that she almost opted to go there rather than shopping with her friend. Maybe you should email the president of WDW and mention the new ride. Who knows, maybe there could be a commission in there for you! Or free trips for life. Now that would be a cool commission.

Too bad about Curves moving on you. Ours used be on the way to work, until they moved me! There is a unisex gym right around the corner, but it has changed owners already in just 2 years. They do offer a regular pilates group.

I know you had fun this weekend. Relax and enjoy it. And enjoy any moment you can before the wedding.

Wendy

"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

I had trouble sleeping, so I thought I'd post and try to stop my spinning head.This has been a busy week. I have things to do almost every night, and didn't get home till 8 for the past two nights. Tonight I plan to come straight home and do some Denise stuff.

My weight is up a little since I'm not concentrating on me and worrying about other things like work and the wedding and my daughter buying her first house. I haven't taken the time to shop for healthy food choices, and have been eating the junk at work.

I'm going to try an get out and walk at lunch time today. Its been very hot-in the mid nineties, so I've been hibernating indoors. The heat is supposed to break a little today, so maybe I can get some fresh air.

Well enough whining for now. Time to get ready for work.

Good qoute!

I am sending the sand man to help you get back into your groove for sleeping. He doesn't work here, so I think he will work there for you!

Take a few moments for you. We certainly earn a few quiet ones as the mom of it all. It sure sounds so exciting at you home right now. We do forget about ourselves while trying to be the caregiver of the family. A manicure is a must before the wedding so you can indulge in some "ME" time!

Take care and enjoy all the moments you can!

Wendy

I can't believe that I haven't posted in such a long time. I need to journal to keep up my motivation. I get caught up with other needs and commitments and forget to do the things that are important to me.

Everything is coming together for our son's wedding. I have to order a couple of items for the brunch on Sunday, and finalize the rehearsal dinner menu. All this is a lot less stressful than my daughter's wedding. My dress is ready...all I need to do is find a bracelet. The neckline is beaded, so I don't need a necklace.

I've been holding steady with my weight. My BD is next week, so I'll do my semi-annual renewal ritual, and do some deep focusing on Me! That's what birthdays are for. I'm looking forward to a D-day!

I miss posting on my journal and other's too. I'll try to be more consistent!
Be happy and healthy!!!!

Hey Denise!

How is the birthday going?

Sending you early congrats to you!

I agree, I should journal more, and send support more, but I get wrapped up in life.

Have a great week!

Wendy

Hello Denise

Pretty neat that our boys will be there at the same hotel at the same time. Brings a smile to the face.

Hope the wedding went well, and that everyone had a great time. I believe that even the second wedding in the family would be easier than the first, just by knowing what not to do. I can't even imagine where you would start. With me it would probably be the reception. There I go, worried about food!

Take care and have a blast!

Wendy

Hi Denise.

How was DS's trip! Bet he had a great time. I know my DS did. Said he got to do all he wanted to do. He also said it was really busy. And hot. Now that he is in the Upper Pennisula, I won't hear that it's too hot for quite awhile!

How was the wedding? How was the birthday?

Take care and hug yourself!

Wendy

Thanks for stopping by Wendy! Its been such a busy summer with lots of good things happening. I promise to summarize everything real soon!

In the meantime, I'm going to PM you with the address of our family websites so you can see what's been happening.

Denise, the pictures were great. I loved all of them. The wedding ones looked fun. I really thought everyone looked wonderful.

I really liked the pictures you took in FLA. I was so intrigued by the format and website, that I am thinking about signing up at smugmug. It all looked easy, and the pictures were clear and crisp. I really liked the idea of no advertising.

Hope all is well

Take care!

Thank you for sharing. It was great.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the pictures. My son was the first to use SmugMug and then the rest of us followed. One of these days, I'll caption the pics so we'll remember what they were years from now.LOL! You can't tell from the pictures, but the day of the wedding was about 95 degrees, but I still think we looked pretty good.

Wow! What a busy time the last couple of months have been! I figure its time to get back to basics, and since this journal was started for support in my healthy lifestyle journey, I figure that's what I'll talk about first.

My weight has been pretty much the same for the past 6 months or so, up a few, down a few, but almost stagnant when it came to weight loss. So...I decided to check out our medical plan and what type of reimbursements I could get for fitness and weight loss programs. Well, it turns out I can get $200 for a weight loss program and $150 for fitness. So, I figure I'd be really stupid if I didn't take advantage of the benefits, and become healthier to boot.

I checked out a couple of gyms, but decided to stick to Curves for now because of the convenience, and ability to go to any location. I also joined Weight Watchers Monthly Pass program which includes all the interactive internet tools.I feel really good that I did both. I've committed myself to going to Curves 3 days a week, and have done fairly well with WW. I've lost 8 lbs. so far, and I'm feeling some small changes with the way my clothes fit. My supervisor also took me aside and told me she noticed that I've lost some weight which made me feel terrific. I'm not the type that "fishes" for compliments, so I know that her words were genuine.

I've done well journaling my foods with WW, and I have the mindset that I'm not expecting any miracles overnight. I'm making lifestyle changes and not dieting. When I was doing my Curves workout today, I even started a little jog on the bouncy boards. That's a biggie for me, because I never run. I was a chubby kid, and hated gym class.

Well, enough of this for now. Tomorrow, I'll add the next installment and also check out some other journals, which always helps with my motivation. Till then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter