Democrat calls for the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiggersmom2 said:
I really, really think you need to go get a swig of that champagne.....before your head explodes. :lmao: :lmao:

Cracked it on November 7th when we buried the repugs.

Bet that hurt!

Judge Smails said:
I'm sick of all the hypocrits that cheer for everyone else to get their heads blown off, while they sit at home behind their keyboards ramming pork rinds down their throats, swilling Bud and waiting for the next NASCAR race to come on FOX.
What a stereotype :thumbsup2

Judge Smails said:
Good than how about you/?
When are you signing up?
I'm a girl and I'm too old.

I find your comments disgusting. When are you going to head over to a bar where the military guys hang out and start spewing this crap?

Cool-Beans said:
ETA: I have "changed" bedpans at the VA. And I'll tell you that if you, yourself, headed down to the local VA and started spouting this crap, you'd find a bunch of old men trying to knock your block off. They'd probably lose, but they'd consider it worth fighting over.
Don't under estimate those in the VA hospital. I believe they would knock the Judge's block off.

DisneyBlonde said:
I'm a female single parent from Connecticut. I have my masters degree and I've never seen Nascar. You're an idiot. This isnt' the first post of your that made me think you are an idiot. IT will be the last time I click on a thread that you've responded to. Bigot.

Trust me, he isn't worth it. He has been banned from the DIS before because he goes absolutely rabid on political threads. It is actually amusing to watch....he just can't control himself. :lmao: Poor ol' Lebjwb is always characterizing us republicans as backwoods, racist, beer swilling, dog kicking rednecks.... :lmao:

How can you not "believe" in dragging children into the middle of the debate? Who do you think fights in wars, any war, on any side? Who do you think gets killed in wars, on any side? Those who fight and get killed in war are someone's children. They are exactly who the debate is about. It doesn't matter if that child is 18 drafted into the military, 54 getting ready to retire from the military, or 7 years old being blown up by some "bombee", they are all someone's children.

I guess that's what I don't understand. I would never champion a war I wasn't ready to pay the ultimate price for. I understand children and parents disagree when it comes to war, but how would you feel about it if there's a draft and your child were drafted? Would that be okay, or would that not be okay? For me, it would NOT be okay if YOUR child were drafted. I don't want to see anyone's child pay the price for some trumped up debacle of a sesspool. I don't even want to see those who volunteered pay the ultimate price for a bunch of lies. I'd protest a draft, for you and your child/children, when it comes to this war.

mickeyfan2 said:
Don't under estimate those in the VA hospital. I believe they would knock the Judge's block off.
OK, sorry, meant no disrespect to old vets. :)

Judge Smails said:
I don't give 2 flips

start emptying bedpans

If you think I'm an idiot then I must be doing the right things...

oh and by the way this bigot has reported your post.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You really are amusing.

For those of you who still believe we don't 'need' a draft to continue Bush's war let me disavow you of that notion. My nephew has just completed his second tour of duty in Iraq and will be leaving the USMC soon when his 4 years are up. However he's already been told by many of his pals - who were called up again AFTER their original 4 years was over for what's called the "individual ready reserve" - that he can't count on actually leaving the Marine Corps. How do you feel about that? He signed up for four years and may not be allowed to leave the service for who knows how long because there aren't people to take his place. The current military is stretched to the limit. Many units and individual service members have been sent to war three times. How many more times must they leave their families?

If this country is going to be able to support Bush's war then the people - ALL THE PEOPLE - must be willing to sacrifice their resources and their family members - not just those who sign up because they don't have money for college or can't find decent jobs in their home towns.

I support re-instituting the draft IF this war is to continue. I'd rather our troops be brought home immediately.

Judge Smails said:
oh and by the way this bigot has reported your post.
For God's sake, you are tattling on someone for calling you a name...and you want to dictate how a WAR should be fought?!

Puhleeze!

Cool-Beans said:

I find your comments disgusting. When are you going to head over to a bar where the military guys hang out and start spewing this crap?

The bedpans await. They don't care about your gender or how old you are. What's your excuse?

Crap? I'm sure the troops would be appreciative of the help. Why would they support anyone who's for the war is able to help and doesn't do their fair share?

I'm the one that's actually on their side.

Cool-Beans said:

It's really what guys like him are all about. Those of his ilk will never leave the comfort and anonymity of his couch and computer. Talk about chickenhawks...

Judge Smails said:
The bedpans await. They don't care about your gender or how old you are. What's your excuse?

Crap? I'm sure the troops would be appreciative of the help. Why would they support anyone who's for the war is able to help and doesn't do their fair share?

I'm the one that's actually on their side.
So, why don't you go spout this crap to them?

Oh, wait, they might call you a name and there'd be nobody to cry to.

How about one of you warchanting, flag waving
patriots explain to me exactly what is wrong
with a military draft? Would it require you to
have to really think about this war if you had
a real live stake in it such as a spouse or kid?
I'm a US Army veteran who volunteered during
Viet Nam and I'd like to know what makes you
so damn special you can't volunteer and the
mere word draft makes you whine?

crazyforgoofy said:
For those of you who still believe we don't 'need' a draft to continue Bush's war let me disavow you of that notion. My nephew has just completed his second tour of duty in Iraq and will be leaving the USMC soon when his 4 years are up. However he's already been told by many of his pals - who were called up again AFTER their original 4 years was over for what's called the "individual ready reserve" - that he can't count on actually leaving the Marine Corps. How do you feel about that? He signed up for four years and may not be allowed to leave the service for who knows how long because there aren't people to take his place. The current military is stretched to the limit. Many units and individual service members have been sent to war three times. How many more times must they leave their families?

If this country is going to be able to support Bush's war then the people - ALL THE PEOPLE - must be willing to sacrifice their resources and their family members - not just those who sign up because they don't have money for college or can't find decent jobs in their home towns.

I support re-instituting the draft IF this war is to continue. I'd rather our troops be brought home immediately.
This has been the case for a long time. When you leave the military you can be recalled (IIRC for up to two years) and you have not say. You are trained in a skill and if they need that skill you come back.

Saffron said:
How can you not "believe" in dragging children into the middle of the debate? Who do you think fights in wars, any war, on any side? Who do you think gets killed in wars, on any side? Those who fight and get killed in war are someone's children. They are exactly who the debate is about. It doesn't matter if that child is 18 drafted into the military, 54 getting ready to retire from the military, or 7 years old being blown up by some "bombee", they are all someone's children.

I guess that's what I don't understand. I would never champion a war I wasn't ready to pay the ultimate price for. I understand children and parents disagree when it comes to war, but how would you feel about it if there's a draft and your child were drafted? Would that be okay, or would that not be okay? For me, it would NOT be okay if YOUR child were drafted. I don't want to see anyone's child pay the price for some trumped up debacle of a sesspool. I don't even want to see those who volunteered pay the ultimate price for a bunch of lies. I'd protest a draft, for you and your child/children, when it comes to this war.

Try not to take it out of context what I was saying. I'm fairly certain that most people from all political leanings and wherever you stand on the war do not want to see the draft. My point about dragging children in the middle, was there seems to be an assumption made that people that support the war want others to step forward while keeping their own children safe. I don't agree with that. As long as there is a volunteer army, I just don't understand the debate. If the draft were reinstated, then I could see where this arguement would hold some water.

usually after active duty of four years, they still are on stand by for two more years ..........that was how it was years ago.....so when hubby got home before his four years were up.....he was also on stand by in case they needed to call in the troops.....

SwedishMeatball said:
Ignorant and stupid do not mean the same thing. Expressing an opinion that a comment is ignorant is not name calling.

"...a rose / By any other name would smell as sweet..."

I'm not accusing you of being rude or anything, just saying that some people could interpret the term "ignorant" as insulting as the term "idiot".

Rich::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter