Deluxe with the best Counter Service?

cccdisney

DIS Diva
I know that Deluxe's don't have "food-courts", but which one has the best options for counter service?:confused3
I am traveling with my three (somewhat) picky children in November and would like to stay Deluxe. I stayed at the Poly last January and wasn't too impressed with their counter service options - although we did just use it for breakfast. What do the experts think?

I would say if your children are picky, The Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge may have some of the more "main stream" offerings.

I absolutely LOVED the Captains grill at Poly. I think it was Captain Cooks or something like that.. I kept having lunch at the Poly and returning to the parks.. And I wasn't even staying there.

Not a recommend as a note.. ...
Both BW and BC have terrible choices for kids.
There is a couple TS at both, but the QS market at BC are fancy salads, or PB and J S and at BW is sandwiches and a fruit plate.

That being said, if you have hoppers.. Epcot has 3 of everything walking distance. There is a LARGE food court with Living with the land and Soaring in Epcot we walk for fish and chips in England, or burgers at Liberty Tavern too. There are also tons of fun snacks right there too.

Note you need hopper passes.. or cannot walk to them, as they are in Epcot.

We really like Mara at AKL :lovestruc

You can get good salads, soups and sandwiches plus burgers and fries and chicken fingers of course. They also have delicious flatbreads (olive w/ cheese is my favorite) and you can purchase hummus and pita chips from their grab n' go section!

I'm going to add my vote for Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge. It had a pretty good selection of food, anything from burgers/grilled chicken sandwiches & fries to a sandwich bar. They also had small side salads and fruit cups, and the snacks & desserts were great too!! It is small, but we almost always found it nearly empty and very clean. The tuna salad sandwich with lettuce and cucumbers was my favorite!

I would say WL/Roaring Forks. We stayed at Poly for our Disneymoon and were not happy with Captain Cooks at all. Haven't stayed at other Deluxes, but we found Roaring Forks to be decent for sure. Sandwiches, burgers, salads...Pretty mainstream stuff.

I know the Mara has a good selection of food! They have things like Burgers, and Chicken Finger's and also a good selection of different African varities! We really enjoyed it on our trip :)

the kids on our last trip all loved AKL and Contemporary... they loved the fresh food and options. They aren't all about chicken nuggets, fries and burgers every day.

Thanks everyone! Right now we are booked at BC, but I'm seriously considering changing it now that my dh isn't going with us. I just don't think my kids would appreciate it enough to justify the cost (booked with 40% off BB rate but the last three night aren't discounted due to Thanksgiving). I don't see us spending too much time at the pool that time of year either.
But now I need to decide where to change to! :confused: Our friends are staying at POFQ so I'm even considering there - or possibly a split stay between POFQ and WL.

I've only tried CS at WL and AKL so far, but both were great. Of the two, I preferred Mara at AKL because there was so much variety and it was all good! :)

If you end up at the BC, you could always walk over to the Dolphin and eat at Picabu! We stayed at BC in December and did this a couple of times. The BC Marketplace was really lacking in kid-friendly options and they even ran out of food one day at lunch!

We love Picabu and it gets bonus points for being open 24 hours! :thumbsup2

Roaring Forks at WL is our favorite. When we stay at FW we will usually take the boat over there when we are in the mood for a CS meal.

I would say Captain Cook's at the Poly.

They have the best grilled cheese sandwiches. Adult size and kid size. They also have a nice breakfast menu (Tonga Toast was my favorite).

And of course, they have the dole whips.

My problem with the deluxe hotels is the lack of CS pancake options. I love french toast but my kids only eat pancakes and even the buffets do have pancakes

Contempo Cafe has excellent food all around. Of the MK resorts, that would be my recommendation.

The Dolphin has a 24hr quick service location with EXCELLENT variety for kids, for all meals. It's a simple five minute walk from any of the Epcot resorts.

We have very picky kids too; we're staying at BC because of the abundance of options very close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter