Deluxe vs. Value

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
We are so excited about our stay at AKL in August!!

We have only stayed in a value (ASMu) before, and are wondering what exactly is different in a deluxe.

Obviously, the themeing and dining options are superior, but what else should we expect to be different?

Thanks

Well, the pool area for one. Deluxe pools tend to have some shady spots if you don't want to bake - especially at AKL. You also get a pool slide. The drawback for some is that the quick service tends to be smaller with a lot less on the menu.

The beds are more comfortable, the rooms are bigger, the pillows are a higher quality, the soaps and shampoos are better, and so is the toilet paper and the towels. :) You also get valet parking and bell services. All in all, the deluxe resorts are a definite step up from a value.

Enjoy your stay! :goodvibes

After staying at POP and then Grand Floridian, I can honestly say that EVERYTHING is different. :laughing: The theming is not so in your face at the deluxe resorts, room access is from a hallway INSIDE the building not outside (live values & mods), beds are...well fluffier, turndown service, size of the rooms AND especially size of the bathrooms (larger at deluxe), bathroom amenities are better, CMs seem to talk to you more at deluxe, monorail access at some (a huge benefit), a counter service, and at least one table service and a bar/lounge at deluxe...only counter service at value, more than one kind of shop at deluxe...only giftshop at values, pools at deluxe have a water feature (like slide, volcano, beach theme)...values have regular pools no water features.

Those were just the obvious benefits. I hope this helped a bit.:thumbsup2

If I had to stay at a value, it is definately doable...but I will try like crazy to get into a deluxe if at all possible.:rolleyes1

Thanks!

I'm so excited!

We are very easy to please...heck even a Motel 6 would be a treat for us! I can't believe we are staying at AKL with the DxDP!! How am I ever going to wait 5+ more months?!? Who cares about the wedding?!?...We're going to Disney World!!!

don't forget about the "balcony" at AKL!! We loved sitting at the balcony in the morning while sipping our morning coffee.

Thanks!

I'm so excited!

We are very easy to please...heck even a Motel 6 would be a treat for us! I can't believe we are staying at AKL with the DxDP!! How am I ever going to wait 5+ more months?!? Who cares about the wedding?!?...We're going to Disney World!!!

Your enthusiasm is very refreshing! :yay: We are very excited about going each year and while we would love to stay anywhere on site, we still get excited and even a little teary-eyed when we think of how we have been blessed to stay at the deluxe level. I'm very happy for you! (and AKL is such a beautiful resort, take time to explore it) :thumbsup2

Also, the size of the beds is major for us. Deluxe you get queen beds automatically.

For us the big difference is the size of the beds. We now only stay Deluxe because you get queen size beds. If the moderates (other than CSR) offered queen we would stay at POFQ again.

Be sure you set aside some time to enjoy the AK Lodge itself...it is so pretty...animals...art work...themed doecor...bonfire at night...cool balconies to view the animals...night vision viewing area...you will LOVE IT!!!

Hope you booked all your dining! Im ready to go on mine, so it means we are almost 6 months out. That really sucks, but at least we are getting closer.

I stayed in All Stars Music and then AKL and while I liked All Stars music I loved AKL. The amazing lobby, the bathroom, the balcony, the Animals, indoor corridors were all bonuses for me. The whole resort was amazing.

Hope you booked all your dining! Im ready to go on mine, so it means we are almost 6 months out. That really sucks, but at least we are getting closer.

We did already book all our dining (thanks for asking :goodvibes).

So excited about that, too...Cali Grill, Narcoosies, Ohana (twice), Le Cellier, Artist Point, Jiko, Brown Derby, Flying Fish, Coral Reef...and on and on. A heck of a lot better than the fish sticks and mac&cheese we eat at home!:thumbsup2

The Deluxe Resorts offer valet parking, bigger rooms and it's a whole different atmopshere to describe, so once you arrive at the AKL you will notice the differences right away.

We went from a value then saw that I had a pin and booked a moderate staying at Disneys Port Orleans Riverside. Then said to ourselves, Life is Short. We booked Animal Kingdom Lodge. Pool Side.
I know after reading these boards that we will not regret it. Any information on the hotel would be great.
Do they have soaps, shampoos, lotions, I see they have a dryer.
Coffee Maker?
We are hoping for free dining

The bus stops at the parks tend to be a lot closer for deluxe resorts!:thumbsup2

We went from a value then saw that I had a pin and booked a moderate staying at Disneys Port Orleans Riverside. Then said to ourselves, Life is Short. We booked Animal Kingdom Lodge. Pool Side.
I know after reading these boards that we will not regret it. Any information on the hotel would be great.
Do they have soaps, shampoos, lotions, I see they have a dryer.
Coffee Maker?
We are hoping for free dining
Coffee maker and fridge!

soap, shampoo and conditioner-not a combo like at values, shower gel, lotion, used to have solar gel but haven't seen that lately-maybe only in summer:confused:,

One complaint that I have heard from people about deluxes though is the lack of food courts. I hate food courts so this is actually a good thing imo but some people do complain about the lack of them.
AKL has a great grab and go though.

I just want to say that your enthusiasm is exciting and wonderful! The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a beautiful place that spirits you away for a fantastic African adventure, Disney-style:goodvibes. It's warm and inviting in a way that the values are not. It's hard to explain but you will know what I mean when you and your family stare in wonder at the lobby of AKL. Keep that great attitude... it's very attractive and extrememly catching

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter