Deluxe vs. longer stay please help!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ness0905, Jul 19, 2013.

1. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

I agree totally with you :thumbsup2.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

This is so true!!! The resort IS also part of the magic for our family. Many times our kids would say, "Let's go back to the resort." because they enjoyed it as much as the parks.

4. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

we're just the opposite :)
    most of our favorite memories were outside of the parks, away from a gazillion strangers and all the sensory overload. at and around the resort, we can focus on one another, have deep conversations (and not have to yell and/or have others listen), play with geckos, go for quiet strolls, cuddle, be silly and laugh freely.

but, that family time and those memories can occur wherever you stay :goodvibes

5. jperrot1

jperrot1 Fantasmic

Considering your situation, I'm guessing you haven't stayed at a deluxe yet. I would go for the deluxe upgrade with fewer days in your case. But, considering the age of your kids, might I suggest a monorail resort. More specifically the Poly, where you can swim after dark while looking at the MK castle (while swimming). You can watch the water pageant, and the MK fireworks from your Resort. Also, the rooms are on the large side, and room refurbishments are going on right now, so within a few months all the Poly rooms will be redone. I have walked throughout the whole resort, and their Garden View rooms (which are the lowest cost room category) have nice views. Even those that are off the parking lots have nice views.

Only bad thing about this is you'll always want to go back and it is expensive. But, I think it would be worth it.

One more thought is shortening one more day (to 4 days) and upgrading to club level. I know many may think this is a crazy suggestion, but with your family makeup I think club level would make things extremely convenient. Well, now you are talking about a very short trip but you'll have memories that will last a life time, and isn't that what taking family vacations is all about - memories.

6. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

With just you two I would say deluxe and shorter stay, but with the kids would always go with the longer. Things take longer with children, and you'll be less pressed for time, less hurrying with trying to fit everything in with a longer stay.
    Kids love values, and when they're happy everybody is happy!
    JMHO, and hope you have a great stay, wherever it is!

:goodvibes

7. PaJess

PaJess Earning My Ears

I would choose a longer stay. With our group of eight( youngest 2, oldest 75) we really enjoy the extra time! I understand everyone feels different, however after being at the parks all day we just looked forward to resting and getting ready for the next day!

8. jenji124

jenji124 Earning My Ears

I would choose the longer stay. The longer I can stay at Disney the better.

9. DreamerWDW

DreamerWDW A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I would always pick a longer stay. The more time the better when you are at WDW.