Deluxe vs. longer stay please help!

If you had asked me several years ago, before I stayed at YC, I would have said stay longer. But after 26 trips to WDW and a stay at the YC (complimentary upgrade from POFQ!) I say splurge and stay at YC. UNLESS your family will miss the convenience of having a food court.

I agree totally with you :thumbsup2.

To me, the resort is just as part of the magic as the parks. It sets the mood for my whole trip.
Id do everything in my power to stay deluxe AND for at least 6 nights.
I dont want to leave the parks at night not bieng excited about returning to my resort hotel.
Ive only been once tho and stayed at the poly and im as much excited to stay there again as the parks in addition to doing a split stay with the wilderness lodge and enjoy that theme too.
But again we are going once a year so we splurge.

This is so true!!! The resort IS also part of the magic for our family. Many times our kids would say, "Let's go back to the resort." because they enjoyed it as much as the parks.

You'll make more memories in the parks and around than you will in your room. .... I would always choose more time with the family.
we're just the opposite :)
most of our favorite memories were outside of the parks, away from a gazillion strangers and all the sensory overload. at and around the resort, we can focus on one another, have deep conversations (and not have to yell and/or have others listen), play with geckos, go for quiet strolls, cuddle, be silly and laugh freely.

but, that family time and those memories can occur wherever you stay :goodvibes

Considering your situation, I'm guessing you haven't stayed at a deluxe yet. I would go for the deluxe upgrade with fewer days in your case. But, considering the age of your kids, might I suggest a monorail resort. More specifically the Poly, where you can swim after dark while looking at the MK castle (while swimming). You can watch the water pageant, and the MK fireworks from your Resort. Also, the rooms are on the large side, and room refurbishments are going on right now, so within a few months all the Poly rooms will be redone. I have walked throughout the whole resort, and their Garden View rooms (which are the lowest cost room category) have nice views. Even those that are off the parking lots have nice views.

Only bad thing about this is you'll always want to go back and it is expensive. But, I think it would be worth it.

One more thought is shortening one more day (to 4 days) and upgrading to club level. I know many may think this is a crazy suggestion, but with your family makeup I think club level would make things extremely convenient. Well, now you are talking about a very short trip but you'll have memories that will last a life time, and isn't that what taking family vacations is all about - memories.

With just you two I would say deluxe and shorter stay, but with the kids would always go with the longer. Things take longer with children, and you'll be less pressed for time, less hurrying with trying to fit everything in with a longer stay.
Kids love values, and when they're happy everybody is happy!
JMHO, and hope you have a great stay, wherever it is!

:goodvibes

I would choose a longer stay. With our group of eight( youngest 2, oldest 75) we really enjoy the extra time! I understand everyone feels different, however after being at the parks all day we just looked forward to resting and getting ready for the next day!

I would always pick a longer stay. The more time the better when you are at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter