Deluxe Villa Booking (Non-DVC)

horner89

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My family are discussing staying in a 2 bedroom Villa on our next Disney trip as there are now 5 adults and one teenager so we'll need the extra room.

The dates we're discussing are in late August/early September 2018 (an unfortunately long way away :mad: ) for two weeks.

As we're not part of the DVC, what are the chances of successfully making this booking at OKW or VWL? Would we need to wait until 7 months prior to traveling before we can book?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:-)

Hello. Are you thinking booking direct with Disney or renting points through a company like David's? If renting then you can try and book it at 11 months. If direct then I am not sure when the rooms are released. I would think it was quite a bit cheaper to rent but there are risks. Like typically paying up front, no cancellation or amendments of dates. Some insurances don't cover it. But it is much cheaper.

Hi, thanks for the response.

We were looking to book direct through Disney instead of renting as we're not very familiar with the DVC structure and renting points. I guess if it's easy enough to do and would save money it might be something for us to consider.

Booking OKW will most likely be available from next April/May on a "pre-register" basis if this year is anything to go by.

I haven't seen VWL available with free dining. Also there is never much availability for cash bookings as it is a small resort.

typically, the UK free dining plan package is available for booking at OKW about 16 months in advance...
for example, in about june of this year i reserved two 2 bedroom villas at saratoga springs for august 2017....
(i think the offer first came up in april, but i only made the decision in june)...

Late August and early September is a very slow time of the year for DVC booking, with most resorts open at 7 month. So you may want to have a look at DVC rental brokers (https://www.dvcrequest.com/ is a sponsor of the DIS) as you could save quite a bit of money if you want a resort like Beach Club or Bay Lake Tower. For Saratoga Spring or Old Key West, the UK website often has very good offers that include a discount and the dining plan included. It may not be much more exprensive than renting points and you would have the flexibility of a direct booking.

For Saratoga Spring or Old Key West, the UK website often has very good offers that include a discount and the dining plan included. It may not be much more exprensive than renting points and you would have the flexibility of a direct booking.

i agree with this...i compared renting points to booking directly with disney UK and found the disney free dining package at old key west and saratoga springs came out the same as renting points - meaning, i was going to get the food 'for free' by taking the free dining package direct from disneyUK...

i booked us for 3 weeks for august 2017...(i booked by phone with disney UK rather than on the website, but the package is the same)..

Thanks so much for the great info guys.

We're having a family meeting this weekend to discuss our options on this. It sounds like the best way to do it for us will be to book through Disney to get the dining plan as we all loved trying out the various restaurants on our last visit.

On a side note, can you specify room locations when you book villas (e.g close to the lobby), or is it more of a "get what you're given" situation?

We booked 10 nights in a two bedroom villa at OKW via Disney on our last trip, there was a special deal on at the time we booked so as well as free dining we also got 30% off.
I seem to remember that we booked in May or June of 2013 & traveled in November of 2014.

Thanks so much for the great info guys.

We're having a family meeting this weekend to discuss our options on this. It sounds like the best way to do it for us will be to book through Disney to get the dining plan as we all loved trying out the various restaurants on our last visit.

On a side note, can you specify room locations when you book villas (e.g close to the lobby), or is it more of a "get what you're given" situation?

Yes you can request close to lobby etc which is done when check in online is completed

Hi all,

After talking it all out we decided that a standard view two bedroom villa at AKL would actually be a better choice for us (space benefit of villa plus facilities of hotel), but we're struggling to get a cash quote for it.

The Disney site lists the standard view two bedroom villa as existing at Kidani Village (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/rates-rooms/), but for the life of me I can't find an actual quote for staying in one anywhere.

Has anyone from the UK stayed in one of these rooms for a cash price before?

Any info on this would be awesome :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter