Deluxe snobs-it's official...

Imagine going to the Doctor's office and saying " Doctor, I think that I have RAD!"

Boy, I'm glad to find you guys! When I started writing my Disney guidebook, I found I always wanted to stay at the deluxe resorts. That's why I decided to write about Disney's luxury niche. Not that the moderate and value resorts aren't beautifully themed and a really great deal, I'm just spoiled by the what the deluxe resorts have to offer. And if you buy an annual pass (entitling you to up to a 45% off your room rates) or look around for a great Disney discount the price really isn't as expensive as you think it would be. Traveling in low season also helps bring the cost down.

Riggsy,
It only counts if they carry your luggage, park your car, and someone in resort themed attire, greets you when you arrive(a job I want when I retire).

TOTALLY agree! Stayed at WL and then at AKL. Then, in an attempt at this budget thang, we did POR. I waited for a valet to come up and park my car! I had a long wait before it dawned on me that I was the valet!

WL is still in the lead-although I still have a POR photo on my background...

kmc33.... you know what I keep thinking about.... I arrive at POR...it's pouring... I struggle with my bags to the room (still pouring...) now I'm stuck in the room.... (this happened to us at PC!)

another scenario... we arrive at WL...it's pouring... we pull up and the valet takes our car, the bellman takes our luggage... we unpack and walk around the lodge, listening to the pattering of the rainbdrops mixed with the lodge music...sit in front of the fire......we mosy on over to the Mercantile and then go to dinner at WCC....STILL RAINING??? No problem, let's got the lounge and get some late night snacks!

Back at at my room at POR-it's late, it's raining-I'm bored and starving!

You guys are funny. I'll have to refer this post to my friend who stayed at the Grand Floridian and now pretty much only wants to stay there. I don't think OKW has Valet PArking, so I guess I'm not a member of your club. Some day I hope to sample a deluxe, maybe next April, and then I think the choice will be between Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary. Until then, maybe I'll start a RAD wannabe thread.

We have stayed at only Deluxes for the past nine years( thanks to some great discounts and now DVC) so I have major DRAD ( deluxe resort anxiety disorder). I have considered CS because I have heard it was "like a deluxe" but got a major case of the jitters as the rooms looked too small for us. I neeeeeeeeed my deeeeluxe room.

DVC members are Hardcore DRAD people:)

Hello, my name is Exp626 and I have RAD. My doctor suggested I join a support group and luckily I found the DIS and everyone here. I've also discovered an additional symptom...apparently RAD suffers often display lime green patches shaped like mouse heads! :eek:

My whole family has CDRAD ( Concierge deluxe resort anxiety disorder). :blush: DD and DH nagged at me the whole entire stay at AKL Savannah that the room was too small, no ref in the room, they did not care for the closet space and to be honest neither did I. I thought we love boma so much it did not make sense to stay Con.:confused: DH doesn't even want to hear anything but CON POLY or CON GF next trip.;) We are going to look at some real estates next trip.

I wish I had RAD.. but I'm Canadian and one look at the exchange rate and poof.. I'm cured!!

I went to POP in April and we LOVED it so I didn't feel like I was missing anything. We got 2 connecting rooms for less than one room at a Deluxe (even with exchange!).

I couldn't agree more. I love the deluxe resorts, especially the Polynesian which has become our home resort. Some 12 years ago we stayed at the CB. While I will admit the resort was beautiful, we cursed the buses and the smaller rooms. There's nothing worse then taking an infant and a 2 year old on a full bus at night when they are tired. After that encounter, we decided it was the deluxe resorts for us. :earsboy:

It's so sad but I haven't even been to WDW yet (that will change in Sept., though... YEAH) and I have RAD. I have what seems to be a good rate offered for a value room, $59, and my frugal side says "that's the way to go" but was just checking rates for CL at Poly - Lagoon view preferred, of course.:earsgirl:

Is RAD contagious? I always had Deluxe Envy-- we stayed at moderates the first two trips, and I'd always look so longingly at the deluxes as we went by...

In 2001 I finally convinced dh to try WL, after first booking ASMu, then thinking about POR, then CS. By that time the price was practically WL and I said, "well it'll be years before we go back..." DH went along though he thought it was a "waste of money".

Three years and three trips later (CR and BCV) we now own at BCV and after an over night at AS Sports last year he said, "wow, how could I ever have wanted to stay here?" So he caught it from me and we're deluxers-for-life.

Only problem-- the kids are hooked so I hope when they grow up they get really good jobs, or marry money!

I feel like such a snob, but only when it comes to Disney.
Julie

My DH and I only stay at deluxes-we choose to splurge and be pampered while at WDW:)
Hey, you only live once, right?

:teeth:

I'm so glad to know that there are others "LIKE ME" :) out there...!!!! The sensible side of me says, stay off-site or value BUT, once you go DELUXE it is hard to go back! A word of advice for anyone out there who hasn't tried concierge yet - DON'T DO IT! Once you do, you not only have RAD but also a very expensive and hard to kick concierge habit.

We're POLY bound!:flower1: :flower1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Skoi, Your DH didn't catch it from you, he was exposed to the virus because of you. This virus is only contained within the confines of a Deluxe resort, once exposed there is no cure.

Can I get charged with anything if I pass rad onto my kids?

We just upgraded to WL for our trip in November. We have always stayed at moderates and like them well enough, but I have to agree with an earlier poster....why do people have to look in your windows when they walk by?

I caught the deluxe bug on a recent trip to Las Vegas - now I am hooked regardless of destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter