• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandb

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of staying at a deluxe and priced out the contemporary-Garden room. I always thought they were "cheap". I just checked for our dates in November and they are $487/night. I could not believe it. It's not Thanksgiving week either. The other deluxe resorts prices are outrageous as well. I can't believe disney can find people to pay these prices.

I agree. Without a good discount I would never pay that much for that level of room quality and service. I did 3 WDW vacations at deluxe resorts in 2012 but all with huge discounts.

If I'm going to pay rack rate, I'd rather go to the Waldorf.

I was thinking of staying at a deluxe and priced out the contemporary-Garden room. I always thought they were "cheap". I just checked for our dates in November and they are $487/night. I could not believe it. It's not Thanksgiving week either. The other deluxe resorts prices are outrageous as well. I can't believe disney can find people to pay these prices.

I doubt they get many. I stayed delux twice Poly MKview but only with 40pect off discount. If you go on the website start to book a delux room then cancel they will give you a survey asking why you are not completing the order. Pick too expensive or whatever the closest phrase to that is. I have gotting pin codes for discounts by doing this. Not always but usually.If you have a few months to plan a room only discount will come out and usually delux is 30pect or more. Then it might be worth it.

I doubt they get many. I stayed delux twice Poly MKview but only with 40pect off discount. If you go on the website start to book a delux room then cancel they will give you a survey asking why you are not completing the order. Pick too expensive or whatever the closest phrase to that is. I have gotting pin codes for discounts by doing this. Not always but usually.If you have a few months to plan a room only discount will come out and usually delux is 30pect or more. Then it might be worth it.

I saw this tip on another site but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Maybe it's the new website (though I do think I tried it shortly before the new site went up), but I've never had anything pop up asking me why I'm not booking.

We stay deluxe because we want the 2 bedroom suites. Kind of feels like ransom but it's the only way I'd go. We were really lucky in 2012 to get a good discount and free dining but this year very few discounts...

I love the Deluxe Hotels and could not imagine doing it any other way. At the Poly with a theme park view, you can watch wishes from your balcony, plus the first thing you see in the morning and the last thing you see at night, is the castle. With Animal Kingdom, you have a piece of Africa at your doors. Think of waking up in the morning with a cup of coffee and going outside and seeing giraffes and zebras. YC and BC have spectacular views of Boardwalk, the ease of walking to EPCOT and possibly views of Illuminations.

For us, it brings a little more relaxation to vacation. We love TPV at the Poly and so far have been fortunate with various discounts. We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and have had fun at each, but my DH says the Poly makes him feel like he is getting a vacation within a vacation, which isn't the case at the other places we stayed. Yes the price is steep, but it is one of the few areas in our lives where we indulge.

Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!

Why yes, yes they are. Always have been, always will be. And as you can see by some of the posters, lots of people are still happy to pay the prices.

Personally, we will only stay there for special occasions IF we can get a decent room discount. We think their rack rate is really quite ridiculous, considering what you are getting, even with the prime location. We're generally happy with the mods. Disney hasn't quite managed to push us offsite. Yet.

For us, it brings a little more relaxation to vacation. We love TPV at the Poly and so far have been fortunate with various discounts. We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and have had fun at each, but my DH says the Poly makes him feel like he is getting a vacation within a vacation, which isn't the case at the other places we stayed. Yes the price is steep, but it is one of the few areas in our lives where we indulge.

DITTO. we save for 5 yrs for our trips but when we do we do it big...!!!!!!
yes its close to $9000 w plane tix and everything deluxe. but we saved for 5 yrs to get what we want. we love disney but we love the feel of the deluxes when we are there. makes it not feel like a std amusement park. trust me weve done alot of those.Price a room out at cedar point. and its no different than a holiday inn..

but disney is disney and my friends and fam dont understand our love of the place.

All i can say is when is was groing up i loved "wondeful world of disney" on sunday nights after mutual of omahas "wild kingdom". visited DL when i was very young and was hooked. I wanted to be Walt. i loved that he loved kids....

need i say more.

some want to be emersed in disney and thats what it costs to do it they way they want it....

dana278 said:
I saw this tip on another site but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Maybe it's the new website (though I do think I tried it shortly before the new site went up), but I've never had anything pop up asking me why I'm not booking.

I've never had the survey pop up either. But usually looking and not booking has gotten us pins (knocking on wood)

I can't believe how expensive the deluxe resorts are. We went to Italy last summer and our room which had a balcony overlooking the Spanish steps and view of the colliseum was less expensive. I am hoping for a discount or a pin code to upgrade our resort for our summer trip to Disney.

They are crazy expensive, and we wouldn't have stayed WL CL without our 40% discount. We are staying at YC in April with 40% off as well. Once those kinds of discounts are gone, we won't be staying deluxe anymore. Back to values/mods we go. :goodvibes

I refuse to pay rack rate for any WDW resort. Unless there is some kind of discount, I don't go!!! I have stayed at the Polynesian but that was with a great discount. Stayed at the CR, in the North Wing way back when, but again, got a good discounted rate.
There are plenty of people that don't know any better and book rack rate rooms. I have actually had one person tell me that they always book at the full price because they are afraid something will happen if they try a discounted rate...like find no room for them when they get there, or get an alley view room. Also that they 'think' they are going to get better service if they pay full rates!!! Nothing I say can get them to change their minds.
So, yeah, these rooms are expensive if paying rack for them. And Disney knows full well that there are people out there that will pay it!!!

to each their own, really.

last year, we stayed at the poly with a 30% discount. so far, this year, we are getting 20% for our stay in April but we may consider annual passes if it saves on the room, since we plan on returning in 2014 with our twins before they are 3 years old.

I can't imagine paying the airfare that some people pay to get to Disney. I pay $650 total, round trip to get to Orlando for 4 of us. it's all relative.....

Yes, deluxe rack rates are expensive, but we spend alot of time at the resort and we love the amenities of the deluxes so we don't stay anywhere else. We are lucky that we can go any time of year as my DH isn't tied to certain vacation times and doesn't have to choose vacation dates as each year rolls around, so we can work around discounts if we have to and plan months ahead of time or go last minute. But with that said, it's not a question of whether or not we'll stay deluxe as we would go for less nights if we had to in order to stay where we want.

We stay Deluxe. We're a family of 5, and the other options simply aren't as appealing.

But we save at least a year for each trip.

We go during Value Season.

And we always manage to snag some sort of a discount.

Last year, I had reservations at the Dolphin (Deluxe Alcove, sleeps 6) using their teacher's discount. I got a PIN from Disney and switched to the Beach Club.

We simply can't afford rack rate at a Deluxe, particularly during the non-value seasons.

I refuse to pay rack rate for any WDW resort. Unless there is some kind of discount, I don't go!!! I have stayed at the Polynesian but that was with a great discount. Stayed at the CR, in the North Wing way back when, but again, got a good discounted rate.
There are plenty of people that don't know any better and book rack rate rooms. I have actually had one person tell me that they always book at the full price because they are afraid something will happen if they try a discounted rate...like find no room for them when they get there, or get an alley view room. Also that they 'think' they are going to get better service if they pay full rates!!! Nothing I say can get them to change their minds.
So, yeah, these rooms are expensive if paying rack for them. And Disney knows full well that there are people out there that will pay it!!!

Agreed. I will not stay at a deluxe for full price. Period. I can stay at The Taj or a Fairmont for much less and the properties aren't even comparable.
I do enjoy my deluxe stays but I enjoy them a heck of a lot more knowing I am not paying anywhere near rack rate. Most of the times the discount just brings it down to what I feel they should be pricing it for in the first place.

I agree the rates are insane, they just keep going up and up and up and I wonder if we will eventually have to cut back on trips. Luckily our AP's help, but sometimes even they don't do any good. I really REALLY want to stay at the Poly for my 40th birthday (March 24th) but the standard room is coming up close to $800 a night. :scared: Easter is March 31st this year so we probably won't be going. There is no way I would ever pay that much per night, even if I was a billionaire. Its just too much.

We're considering staying Disney Deluxe (not counting Swan/Dolphin) for the first time this year for 2 short weekend trips. We couldn't afford it if there weren't the 30% spring discount, along with them being short trips. We have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin under teacher rate a couple of times.

For long trips, we have relegated ourselves to less expensive resorts or renting a townhome offsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter