• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe Resorts with "Quiet" Pools

ChanaC

DIS Veteran
I'm wayyyyyy far away from booking, but it's always fun to dream, isn't it?

As an adult with no kids, I think what I would enjoy on a Disney vacation is a day just sitting by the pool with no plans, cocktail in hand. And, once again, as an adult with no kids, I appreciate a quieter pool where I can read a book and not get splashed by kids doing cannonballs. I believe only the Riviera has an adults only pool, but I know most of the value and moderate resorts have a main pool and a few smaller pools off the side that don't have waterslides or afternoon trivia games that generally end up being a little quieter (although I know nothing is guaranteed).

This lead me to wonder which of the deluxes have secondary pools? The only deluxe I stayed at was Animal Kingdom Lodge, and if my memory is correct they have one pool at Jambo and one at Kidani Village, both of which are generally busy. From memory, I know Polynesian, Boardwalk, Beach, and Yacht Clubs all have smaller pools. Do any of the others have them too? Also, are you allowed to use the DVC pool if you are staying at the non-DVC section of the resort? And, if you aren't sick of my questions, does anyone have a favorite resort with a quiet pool you would recommend?

Last edited:
How important is the cocktail part of your statement? Some places like BC and YC have quiet pools that are very pleasant and away from the action, but don't have pool bars all that close.

GF has one of my favorite setups for a quiet pool that has a bar - the Courtyard Pool is big, doesn't have the kids games/music. It won't be kid-less, but will have less kids than the feature pool. To me this is a solid spot for the adult crowd.

The Oasis Pool at Poly also has a bar/grill, but it won't be kid-less either. Would be less relaxing than the GF Courtyard Pool, depending on the crowd.

CR's "Bullseye" pool is often very quiet and a quick walk to the bar at the feature pool, but it's sort of a blah pool (and bar).

I'd suggest Contemporary or Grand Floridian. Those are the 2 best for sitting poolside with a drink and not too many kids. Every time we are at the CR, the circular pool near the pool bar is always totally empty. It has a great view of Bay Lake as well.

The Riviera has a quiet pool but it is not an adults only pool. The Oasis pool at the Poly is probably our favorite quiet pool. The bar is great and if you want one of the cabanas, they are not very expensive.

I'm wayyyyyy far away from booking, but it's always fun to dream, isn't it?

As an adult with no kids, I think what I would enjoy on a Disney vacation is a day just sitting by the pool with no plans, cocktail in hand. And, once again, as an adult with no kids, I appreciate a quieter pool where I can read a book and not get splashed by kids doing cannonballs. I believe only the Riviera has an adults only pool, but I know most of the value and moderate resorts have a main pool and a few smaller pools off the side that don't have waterslides or afternoon trivia games that generally end up being a little quieter (although I know nothing is guaranteed).

This lead me to wonder which of the deluxes have secondary pools? The only deluxe I stayed at was Animal Kingdom Lodge, and if my memory is correct they have one pool at Jambo and one at Kidani Village, both of which are generally busy. From memory, I know Polynesian, Boardwalk, Beach, and Yacht Clubs all have smaller pools. Do any of the others have them too? Also, are you allowed to use the DVC pool if you are staying at the non-DVC section of the resort? And, if you aren't sick of my questions, does anyone have a favorite resort with a quiet pool you would recommend?
There really isn't anything as a quiet pool. These are the unthemed or leisure pools without slides and they might not have lifeguards. There is nothing about them that is adult only or no yelling, loud noises, etc. The leisure pools usually do not have the afternoon pool parties either. So don't expect that anyone won't be splashing and jumping in the pool.

You can use the DVC pool at the combined resorts because the DVC portion is just that. The only exception to that rule is the BLT pool at the CR. You must be a guest of BLT to use that pool. It's kind of small.

A portion of the entire resort. Contemporary has the bullseye pool closer to the lake. GF has the courtyard pool nearer the hotel rooms than the villas. OKW has multiple leisure pools and one themed pool with a slide. SSR has one leisure pool, plus three themed pools. WL has the themed pool with a slide closer to the hotel rooms and a lesser themed pool (without any slide) closer to the villas. Both pools at AKL (Jambo and Kidani) are themed pools with slides. Yacht and Beach share Stormalong Bay (highly themed with a slide) and they also have leisure pools on the opposite side of the hotel. BWI/BWV has Luna Park pool as the themed pool with a slide, plus a leisure pool near the villas and one near the Inn side.

How important is the cocktail part of your statement? Some places like BC and YC have quiet pools that are very pleasant and away from the action, but don't have pool bars all that close.

Lol it's really only a fun little add on to the relaxation vibe, not totally necessary, although a place to get cups of ice water on a hot day are nice. I'm sure I'll manage without a pina colada, or, if necessary, I can take a stroll to get one. I'll consider it my daily exercise!

This is a "quite" interesting question :). Pick the non-main pool, usually a good bet at any resort. Boardwalk has 3 pools, probably easier to find a less crowded pool there.

There really isn't anything as a quiet pool. These are the unthemed or leisure pools without slides and they might not have lifeguards. There is nothing about them that is adult only or no yelling, loud noises, etc. The leisure pools usually do not have the afternoon pool parties either. So don't expect that anyone won't be splashing and jumping in the pool.

I guess I should have phrased it better. Yes, I know there aren't any official quiet pools and any pool can be loud. But the quiet/leisure don't have the parties/activities and I think kids generally like going to the main pools. Of course, any pool can be loud. That's why I've also been eyeing Old Key West, Saratoga, and Port Orleans Riverside - they all appear to have multiple smaller pools, so if one is too loud, it isn't too much of an effort to get up and find another one (even though they are pretty spread out).

A portion of the entire resort. Contemporary has the bullseye pool closer to the lake. GF has the courtyard pool nearer the hotel rooms than the villas. OKW has multiple leisure pools and one themed pool with a slide. SSR has one leisure pool, plus three themed pools. WL has the themed pool with a slide closer to the hotel rooms and a lesser themed pool (without any slide) closer to the villas. Both pools at AKL (Jambo and Kidani) are themed pools with slides. Yacht and Beach share Stormalong Bay (highly themed with a slide) and they also have leisure pools on the opposite side of the hotel. BWI/BWV has Luna Park pool as the themed pool with a slide, plus a leisure pool near the villas and one near the Inn side.

Thanks, this is great info!

This is a "quite" interesting question :). Pick the non-main pool, usually a good bet at any resort. Boardwalk has 3 pools, probably easier to find a less crowded pool there.

Good catch, just fixed! I would blame spellcheck, but that was all on me.

I always find the best time: late night, non-theme pool, cocktail, nice quiet evening. Never been kicked out (yet!)

We love the Oasis pool at the Poly. It is typically pretty quiet, a larger pool for a quiet pool, and the pool bar is great. We spend most of our pool time there instead of the main pool. As someone else mentioned, the cabanas are not very expensive and are great for a pool day.

And, once again, as an adult with no kids, I appreciate a quieter pool where I can read a book and not get splashed by kids doing cannonballs.
One detail I'll point out is that kids almost never do cannonballs in Disney deluxe feature pools. They aren't allowed to jump in, & those pools' lifeguards enforce the rules. Deluxe feature pools are busy, and music is often being played (by Disney), too, but beyond that they aren't extremely rowdy due to the constant presence of lifeguards.

One detail I'll point out is that kids almost never do cannonballs in Disney deluxe feature pools. They aren't allowed to jump in, & those pools' lifeguards enforce the rules. Deluxe feature pools are busy, and music is often being played (by Disney), too, but beyond that they aren't extremely rowdy due to the constant presence of lifeguards.

Good to know, for safety more than anything. Of course kids running around can be a little annoying, but it also gives me a little heart attack anytime I see them running along the edge of a pool or diving into a shallow area. Good to know that there are lifeguards as well.

Good to know, for safety more than anything. Of course kids running around can be a little annoying, but it also gives me a little heart attack anytime I see them running along the edge of a pool or diving into a shallow area. Good to know that there are lifeguards as well.
Usually no lifeguards at the leisure pools. Just parents who may or may not parent. Or former schoolteachers who will take care of the problem.

Kids are definitely allowed to jump into the feature pools at the Deluxe resorts, unless this is some new rule since 2018. They can't DIVE in, but they can jump.

Kids are definitely allowed to jump into the feature pools at the Deluxe resorts, unless this is some new rule since 2018. They can't DIVE in, but they can jump.
No jumping in is allowed by the lifeguards at the deluxe feature pools.

Not an adults only pool, but the Grotto Pool at the Swan & Dolphin is my favorite pool on property. Their Cabanas pool bar is also my favorite.
It's really a fantastic adult vacation spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter