Deluxe resorts during marathon weekend

DisneyMarathon

Mouseketeer
Did anyone of you stay at any of the monorail accessible resorts (GF, Poly, Contemp) during the marathon weekend? If so, do you like it? Is it convenient? Thanks.

DisneyMarathon, :wave2: We stayed at the Polynesian. We didn't have to get up extra early to get to the start. It was great to walk out of the hotel, board the monorail and BE THERE! Depending on the condition you are in following the race, I would recommend taking the bus back, though. Climbing that monorail ramp at EPCOT, going back down the ramp, and then climbing the ramp to the resort monorail at TTC is daunting, to say the least! :goodvibes Anne

We stayed at the Contemporary and it was well worth it. My family was able to walk out and see us run by right in front of the hotel. The monorail access to the start was WONDERFUL. Also, they recently remodeled and it was beautiful.

It was our first Disney 1/2 and now I don't want to stay anywhere else !!
I got spoiled by it.:thumbsup2

Angie

We stayed at The Grand Floridian. It was very nice to be able to just walk out and go to the monorail and head over. Also very convenient for my family as we went to Magic Kingdom on the Friday before the race and ate at O'Hana at the Polynesian on the Saturday after the half. I think we are going to stay at the Contemporary next year for my first Goofy!

Thank you for all your replies.
What time did you leave to take the monorail to the starting line in the morning? Thanks!

We got on the monorail around 3:45 ?? but we could have actually left even a little later !! Not that I could have slept anymore.:goodvibes

angie

The monarails start running at 3 AM. The officials want you there by 4..HAH!! The races start at 6, so you do need to be there and in your corral/wave before that. :goodvibes

We stayed at the Poynesian. Left our room at 4am walked to the TTC, then the Monorail to Epcot. It worked out well for us but like Anne said those ramps can be torture after the race. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter