• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe girl does Caribbean Beach.... And I loved it!!!!

maciemouse

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a three night stay at Caribbean Beach. I have never stayed here and was always hesitant because of some of the reviews I read. We booked a Standard Room in hopes to be closer to the sky liner. We were put in the Jamaica Section. We were in building 45 and it was a close walk to the Caribbean Beach Hub for the sky liner and to the bridge to the dining area. The grounds were lovely! It was so peaceful and we enjoyed our daily hammock time on the beach. The dining area was nice and clean. We only ate breakfast in the dining hall. We had a great dinner at Banana Cabana one night and watched the Epcot fireworks. We park hopped and used the sky liner daily. I think this is a game changer for this resort. I did see that the pirate rooms are the furthest from everything. The preferred rooms are close to dining hall. One set of preferred rooms are on a walking path close (ish) to Riviera Hotel. The two standard buildings (Jamaica and Aruba) are closest either to Caribbean's sky liner or Riviera's sky liner. I think if I had a room in the far side of Aruba I would just use Riviera's dining options. The bus transportation to the parks was wonderful. They split the resort in a half for pick up in the morning. We did have some waits leaving the parks. CM's at the resort were awesome. The only negative for us is .... I hate carpet. The rooms still have carpet. I will gladly return!

Did you notice if they had any buses to Epcot and HS? We will be there mid Nov and DM is not thrilled about the Skyliner will go on it but would prefer a bus if possible.

I did not notice those buses. The sky liner was smooth sailing. Hardly any wait at all. We never did rope drop though and we left epcot in the middle of the fireworks to avoid a wait. We never even had to share a sky liner with another family on our way to the parks. We did share it on the way back from Epcot.

I agree with all of the great things you said about the resort and the grounds, my only problem with the resort recently has been the condition of the rooms themselves. We had three rooms in April and, unfortunately, all three were beat to hell. Dents and dings in the walls and furniture, with the towel racks and other bathroom fixtures being particularly bad.

Did you notice if they had any buses to Epcot and HS? We will be there mid Nov and DM is not thrilled about the Skyliner will go on it but would prefer a bus if possible.
Pre-COVID, they were running buses but they were very few and far between. I think the stated target was one bus per hour.

i was at Disney last week, and we rope dropped HS twice. I was at a different resort and came by bus, dropping off about 7:45 am for an 8:30 early entry. The skyliners were running, and we observed they were mostly empty at that time of day. Just FYI.

It's probably my least favorite of the moderates but I've stayed there more than once and would again if it was the one that cost the less. I usually get up early and walk around the resorts (used to jog, blew out both knees so just walk now) and it is really so peaceful for that. My only hesitation would be the #1 reason most people stay there, the skyliner. We are big fans of Epcot and HS, we usually spend a part of every day at Epcot. I am not a huge fan of the sky liner and my son will absolutely not get on it. The fact that post-Covid they aren't sending buses there and pre-Covid only one a hour is a big ole no for us.

Thanks for sharing. We will be staying there for the first time in a couple of weeks. We stayed off site last trip so looking forward to being back on-site although we love off-site as well. Stayed at POP years ago and didn't care for it then. Almost $400 a night for CBR so hope we like it.

Thanks for sharing. We will be staying there for the first time in a couple of weeks. We stayed off site last trip so looking forward to being back on-site although we love off-site as well. Stayed at POP years ago and didn't care for it then. Almost $400 a night for CBR so hope we like it.
Make sure you make time to enjoy the resort and grounds. $400.00 is steep for a moderate resort. But hard to find any discounts. I think I paid $300 a nite last week and I about died! I literally remember paying that much for the Poly when my kids were small, they are teenagers now. I also can remember pre covid paying $190 a nite for French Quarter. The staff at CBR was wonderful!!!!

I agree with all of the great things you said about the resort and the grounds, my only problem with the resort recently has been the condition of the rooms themselves. We had three rooms in April and, unfortunately, all three were beat to hell. Dents and dings in the walls and furniture, with the towel racks and other bathroom fixtures being particularly bad.

Pre-COVID, they were running buses but they were very few and far between. I think the stated target was one bus per hour.
I understand the room thing! I guess we got lucky on our room condition. I can always remember returning to the Poly year after year and thinking that same thing about their rooms being so worn. I would love to stay at the new rooms at the Poly but the price tag is a little to steep with no discount.

While we were there is August busses only ran to HS and EPCOT if the skyliner was not running. I think it happened a total of 3 times while we were there. Fortunately it is easy to tell since you can see the gondolas from everywhere in the resort.
CBR wasn't my fave but it was nice and I would certainly return. Catch the EPCOT fireworks from the deck behind the QS while you are there, we did that on our last night and it was the perfect way to finish out our trip.

Make sure you make time to enjoy the resort and grounds. $400.00 is steep for a moderate resort. But hard to find any discounts. I think I paid $300 a nite last week and I about died! I literally remember paying that much for the Poly when my kids were small, they are teenagers now. I also can remember pre covid paying $190 a nite for French Quarter. The staff at CBR was wonderful!!!!
Definitely will. Thanks we wanted poly or another deluxe but $700-$900 a night was a bit much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter