Deluxe Family to Go Moderate/Maybe Even Value...

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Need some advice.

Here is the situation. My DH is turning 40 in October. He LOVES Halloween and LOVES Disney and LOVES Halloween at Disney! I want to surprise him with a trip for his birthday and go to MNSSHP. We haven't been to MNSSHP in 3 years.

We have stayed at values (ASMu and POP) and mods (CS and CBR), but we really prefer the deluxes. However, with the economy being what it is...well, you know.

So, which mod (or value) do you recommend for a deluxe-loving family?

The following is most important to us:
1. Transportation
2. Food court (which is the best/easiest to use)
3. Rooms - which resort has had the most recent refurbishment

Thanks very much for your thoughts!!!

well for transportation adn food i'd say pop but not somuch w/ the new room renovations.

this is a tough one- but i'd just say go w/ pop or maybe All star music and save the money you'd spend on a mod.

Also, who else is going, just u and your DH or are there kids as well??

CSR is currently undergoing a refurb that will really improve the rooms. And CSR already offers quite a few of the deluxe amenities (gym, hot tub, massage, etc.). I really enjoy it there, and it might be the right choice for this trip. Transportation: doesn't share busses with any other resorts and each "area" of the resort has its own bus stop. There is also internal transportation throughout the resort (golf carts stop at each "area" and pick folks up) due to the need by conventioneers staying at the hotel.

Food court is better at POR and POP than CSR, however, so if food is the most important to you, there ya go! :-)

(Sounds like so much fun--I love Halloween at Disney! And as long as you guys go with the knowledge that this is an extra added "sneaked-in" trip, you won't miss the deluxes as much!)

Ok, well first thing you should remember is that a moderate is not going to be the same as a deluxe like you're used to. But I wouldn't look at it as a bad thing, but rather just something fun and different to experience. That being said, if you've already stayed at CSR and CBR, and already know that you much prefer the deluxes, I'd recommend trying one of the other two moderates--POR or POFQ (even though CBR is my personal favorite!).

1. Transportation- I've never had a problem at either resort with transportation... The only thing is POR has multiple bus stops, while POFQ only has one (But only one is necessary because the resort is so small!). Apparently the two resorts usually buses, and the POFQ people get picked up first, and then the buses head over to POR.

2. Food court (which is the best/easiest to use)
This is one of the great things about these resorts---the food courts! I think POR might be my favorite food court on Disney property, and POFQ is great too! Both are easy to use. The food is pretty standard, but I still think it's good.

3. Rooms - which resort has had the most recent refurbishment
Out of the moderates, CBR and CSR have had the most recent renovations. But that's not to say POR/POFQ are outdated at all or anything. Both resorts are very clean, and from what I remember, all of the rooms are in great condition.

Overall, it's going to come down which theme you prefer. POFQ is also a much, much smaller resort, so you won't do nearly as much walking there as you would do at POR. Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

We've stayed at POR and loved it. We requested to be in Alligator Bayou which was pretty close to the bus stop. The resort itself is beautiful but you'll have to walk a bit to the food court.It was by far an outstanding place to stay and the walking was just as nice.....the views are beautiful! I hope this helps a bit....enjoy your planning.:)

I would go with either CSR (queen beds, fitness center) or CBR - new pool that the kids would love, beachy, tropical feeling.

I've never stayed at a value/moderate, but I would vote CSR.

-I think it has the least number of bus stops compared to the other mods (since POFQ shares with POR a lot).
-Maps make it look pretty close to Epcot, DHS, and AK.
-The rooms are by far the nicest, based on recent pics of the refurbed rooms.
-Queen beds instead of double beds, the only moderate to have this.

Well, you've already done CSR and CBR at Disney so you know what they are like. CSR is our home away from home and the only moderate we've stayed at (seven stays, number eight this year, hopefully). The only other moderate we've thought of staying at is POFQ (we don't care for the POR and there are many things that don't appeal to us about CBR). POFQ is more compact than the CSR, but their food court is smaller, as is their pool, and they don't have a sit down restaurant. CSR now has queen beds and some of the rooms are done as far as the rehab (all will be done by October 09). Personally, we couldn't do a value as we find them too crowded and too noisy; we like the spread out moderate as it seems more quiet and doesn't feel like people are on top of you.

I think you should just look at all of the themes and things the resort offers and go from there.

We've stayed at several of the deluxes, and all of the mods and have truly loved them all. We were at CSR the most recently and it's at the top of the list for our next (as yet unscheduled) trip. With the current refurb and queen size beds, for the money it's just calling to us the loudest.

We absolutely love Coronado Springs! There is something for everyone, a great pool, poolside food and bar, nightclub, and multiple food options in the main building.

Here is the newly renovated room.

CSR--the new queen beds,(the rooms look great in the pictures), the pool is fun, the fitness center, spa. We liked Pepper Market--food was always good, never had a problem with rude CM's either.

CSR! I think it has a more delux feel at a mod price. Transportation is great. I really apprecitae it, even more, having stayed at ASMo last Aug. We had to wait, in the blazing heat, for up to an hour for a bus to arrive. Sometimes, it was so full it just drove by! Also, I think the food court at CSR is awesome. I don't quite get why people think it is confusing.:confused3 The food is delicious, too.

I think I am definitely leaning towards Coronado. I love the new room design!!! Thank you for all of your help!!!

Hey Scanne! It's been forever! I haven't been on here in years!!!!! I was (and still am) about to post the exact same thing! We started out with values and mods when our son was little and moved up to the deluxes. Out last several trips were also club level (6 of them). We did not buy passes this year as we are taking a "break". Yesterday we started talking about going back and staying at a value. My son odes not remember them too much and I think he would like them! He's 11 now and I noticed that on the last few trips he hardly used the pool slides. My husband also remembered that the pools and pool bars at the values were open late-don't know if they still are. Club level is nice, but I think we might enjoy the values more the second time around!

Oh yeah, I agree with the others, CSR is a definitely deluxy!!! Stayed there twice and loved it each time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter