Deluxe Family Oceanview Room???

feelthenspeak

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on the dream, stateroom 9658, and we have 2 adults, 3 kids (one is 18 months and will be sleeping in a pack n play, or with us). I cannot seem to get a clear answer on how our room is layed out--do we have bunk beds? Or a murphy bed? I wrote my TA and she has totally confused me. She said it had a murphy bed AND a bunk bed and a sofa sleeper...then she saif it didnt have a bunk..so where does the murphy bed come down from....where would the sofa go If the bed is on top of it???

Also, I googled it and one site says that it only slept 3!? I also tried to search on here and can't find this room on the stateroom report/review. I just need to make sure there is enough room for both my boys.

We stayed in a Deluxe Family Oceanview on the Dream last year. Our room had a queen bed, a sofa that converted into a twin bed and a pull-down bed above it (these two together form a bunk-bed) and a separate murphy bed that pulled down from the wall (near the window).

Don't worry, DCL won't let you book a room that doesn't fit all 5 of you. :)

There are rooms in your category that sleep 4 or 5 people. Due to "life vests" (that's what I was told before) they won't put more people in a room than it can sleep, so you will have a room that sleeps 5. There is a couch that pulls out into a bed, a bed that drops from the ceiling (your bunk) and a murphy bed by the door that looks like a cabinet. There is also a main bed in the room. With an 18mo you'll want your TA to request a crib most likely. We found that it fits neatly between the main bed and the end of the couch.

Side note, we had a 5 person room on the Dream and slept our family of 6 in it (had one of our kids booked in the inlaws room next door) and we had a good amount of space.

I just wanted to note that the couch converts into a single bed. It is not a full pull. It sleeps only one. When converted to a bed it occupies the same amount of floor space as when it is a couch.

Here is a picture of a cat 4A on the dream

DSCN1166.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We stayed in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom on the Fantasy. It had the queen bed, a sofa bed, a pull down bed over the sofa area and the murphy bed that pulls down next to the large porthole window seating area. I have slept on the sofa bed and the murphy bed (room for one only!) and they are comparable on comfort. We did not use the pull down bed.

Thanks guys. I think was just confused when she said a murphy bed...I just couldn't picture where it would be. Thanks for the pic, too. Looks spacious!

Thanks guys. I think was just confused when she said a murphy bed...I just couldn't picture where it would be. Thanks for the pic, too. Looks spacious!

The Murphy is off to the left in this picture, just out of frame (between the end of the couch and the window area) where the single chair is sitting.

I am going to consider this a peace offering EPCOTatNight...Gracias!

I assume we disagreed on something or I typed something that you didn't like. I honestly don't know what the topic was or when it was. I don't even look at names when I debate, so it's hard for me to hold a grudge against anyone. Also, I can disagree, move on, and see eye to eye on a different topic. So, whatever it was, thanks for getting past it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

EPCOTatNight said:
I assume we disagreed on something or I typed something that you didn't like. I honestly don't know what the topic was or when it was. I don't even look at names when I debate, so it's hard for me to hold a grudge against anyone. Also, I can disagree, move on, and see eye to eye on a different topic. So, whatever it was, thanks for getting past it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Haha. I usually don't recognize the names either but I thought you reported me bc we disagreed or you didn't like what I said to you...must have been someone else that was very nosey and bored. Good to know.

If you booked 5 people in room there will be beds for 5 people in the room. We were on Fantasy in June, 2 adults 3 kids ages 12, 8 and 14 mths. The pack and play made it way too crowded our previous cruise so we asked for a bed rail. Host put bed rail on sofa bed and thats where our 14 mth old slept. There was a small space where bed rail didn't cover so we just pushed the trunk up against it and a pillow to block the gap. DD is a wild sleeper and we never had a issue with her falling out of bed. It worked perfect. If that doesn't work you can always get host/hostess to bring pack and play. We had no room with pack and play set up to even walk around, we also had a Deluxe Family Oceanview room. Hope this helps!

We had a deluxe family oceanview with veranda (I think that's what it's called) on the Fantasy. Basically, the same room with a balcony. We didn't have a murphy bed, but you can see in the pictures someone posted that there is a chair in the foreground. We put the pack and play right where that chair is (I don't think our room had a chair, but maybe they removed it when they brought the pack and play in). It feel really well over there and still provided a nice division between the kids and the adults.

We're staying in 9654 on Fantasy next year and I have also had a hard time figuring out for sure whether it has a bunk, a murphy, or both.

The murphy bed is inches from the balcony door. we would turn the A/C up to where it wouldn't run and left the balcony door open. It was very relaxing leaving it open. HOWEVER because the murphy bed is a regular size twin bed, you don't have much room to go around it to get to the balcony. Watch your shins!!!! We had quite a few run-ins with the bed down!

The murphy bed is inches from the balcony door. we would turn the A/C up to where it wouldn't run and left the balcony door open. It was very relaxing leaving it open. HOWEVER because the murphy bed is a regular size twin bed, you don't have much room to go around it to get to the balcony. Watch your shins!!!! We had quite a few run-ins with the bed down!

Did you notice the sign on the verandah door?
2i0b4fk.jpg

The air conditioning they are referring to is not just the air conditioning in your room. The shipboard air conditioning is set up as zones. Keeping the door open in your room will affect the ac in the other rooms in your area.

On the Dream we were in a 4A stateroom and every time we left the Door open we got a call from the Ships Bridge. We were told the door being left open triggered a fire alarm in the Bridge because of the change in temperature (Heat).:)

Did you notice the sign on the verandah door?
2i0b4fk.jpg

The air conditioning they are referring to is not just the air conditioning in your room. The shipboard air conditioning is set up as zones. Keeping the door open in your room will affect the ac in the other rooms in your area.

:confused3
The sign says "to maximize stateroom air conditioning". It doesn't say anything about making your neighbors room hot. Each cabin has its own thermostat & people can put the heat on in summer for all I care. I believe one should be allowed to keep their door open if they like. Not everyone loves cold AC and shouldn't have to have it. In Alaska, we had our door open half the cruise. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter