Deluxe family ocean view

haven11998

Earning My Ears
Anyone have a favorite room in this category? Is it worth doing the deluxe family?

I’m worried because these room seem to very forward or back on the ships and I’m prone to motion sickness!

We also have a light sleeper in our group so don’t want a room with a lot of sound.

TIA

I am a big fan of 9000.

That said, yes they have motion - wonderful ocean wave motion!! :) So if you get motion sickness I would avoid. (I personally would avoid cruises if I got motion sickness because I would not want to pay to be drugged up or miserable, but that is just me.)

You might try a deluxe oceanview on deck 2. We loved being on deck 2 mid-ship with the large porthole.

Is there more motion the lower you are? And how about location, aft, forward or middle, where is less motion on ocean view rooms?

I have issues with motion and usually stay deck 2 aft, but toward mid. This has worked well for me. The exception is on the Fantasy because of such a different deck plan design. On our first cruise on the Fantasy we were upgraded to a veranda on deck 10, and since we knew we would never pay for a veranda we went with it. I did not have any problems being on deck 10 aft toward midship. Our next cruuse we booked deck 8 aft for a deluxe family oceanview room. We enjoyed the extra space with 2 kids and again I had no problems on being this high up, but when I book the Magic or the Wonder it is still always deck 2. :)

Thanks for your replies!

I have cruised before, and have always stayed midship. With some motion sickness meds I usually am perfectly OK unless having really rough seas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter