Deluxe Dining plan and points question

Tonberry

DIS Veteran
For our holiday trip, we have the deluxe dining plan and we've figured out all the places we are going to eat. It will be me, my wife, DD 8, and DS 4. We each have 18 points for meals and all the points have been allocated to various restaurants.

One night, we plan to to the Candlelight Processional package and we will have the kids booked at Club Disney for several hours while the adults (me and my wife) go to dinner. We plan on eating at Le Cellier which costs 2 TS points.

My question is, seeing as the kids will be eating at Club Disney, can we use their points for dinner at Le Cellier? I ask because I'm not sure if we pay less for the kids when buying the DDP and I don't know if their points can only be used for kids meals. Or is it that all points are the same value but children can only order from the kids menu.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

I believe their points can only be used for the kids menu. You will have "child" points and "adult" points. As for counter and table service, it doesnt matter which on you use it for.

Just to note, I had a 6:30 ADR for Le Cellier for the CP night. Even with the ADR, I did not get seated until shortly after 7. Service was a little slow (restaurant is packed) and the walk to CP was about 1/2 mile. We were the last to arrive at CP, sat in the back row and missed the first 10 minutes. You may want to reserve earlier than 6:30 to be safe.

Even on DxDDP, kid's meal credits can only be used for kid's meals. Adult plan is right at $110 and kid's at $30.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

I guess I have 2 options:
1) Eat a late breakfast or early lunch
or
2) Pay out of pocket for a meal

Luckily, we plan to do the CP on Wednesday so I may have to shuffle some restaurants around and move a less expensive place to Thursday or Friday if I plan to go the second route. The only problem with the first option is that at the end of the trip, I'll have 2 kids points that go unused.
Guess I have a choice to make!

or

Luckily, we plan to do the CP on Wednesday so I may have to shuffle some restaurants around and move a less expensive place to Thursday or Friday if I plan to go the second route. The only problem with the first option is that at the end of the trip, I'll have 2 kids points that go unused.

Definitely pay OOP. To have credits left over is a big waste. Were you planning on using any credits for QS? If so, pay for that one OOP instead. Otherwise, you can list your meals here and folks can chime on which they think would be the least value to use credits on, so you can pay OOP for the cheapest one.

Definitely pay OOP. To have credits left over is a big waste. Were you planning on using any credits for QS? If so, pay for that one OOP instead. Otherwise, you can list your meals here and folks can chime on which they think would be the least value to use credits on, so you can pay OOP for the cheapest one.

The only QS we have planned is for when we first arrive (around 11 or 12), and that's already oop.
I agree that I HATE to have any leftover points for anyone.
Good idea on making a list! I'll post one tonight.

For our holiday trip, we have the deluxe dining plan and we've figured out all the places we are going to eat. It will be me, my wife, DD 8, and DS 4. We each have 18 points for meals and all the points have been allocated to various restaurants.

One night, we plan to to the Candlelight Processional package and we will have the kids booked at Club Disney for several hours while the adults (me and my wife) go to dinner. We plan on eating at Le Cellier which costs 2 TS points.

My question is, seeing as the kids will be eating at Club Disney, can we use their points for dinner at Le Cellier? I ask because I'm not sure if we pay less for the kids when buying the DDP and I don't know if their points can only be used for kids meals. Or is it that all points are the same value but children can only order from the kids menu.

Any feedback will be much appreciated!
Is this a "free" dining package, or are you paying for the dining plan? With "free" dining, it's sometimes worthwhile to "age-up" the children to the adult plan. With "free" dining, you only have to pay the difference for an adult ticket, which is about $20 total. Without "free" dining, you'd have to pay about $70/day for the difference between child and adult.

or

My first year doing deluxe, I booked 3 meals per day for 10 days. By day to (actually at Le Cellier CP dinner) we decided to call and cancel all of our lunches for the remainder of the week. It was too much food, to much time in the restaurants and too much time preparing for the next week. Our day 2 we had a Tusker House breakfast at 8am. We left close to 10am, walked around the park for a few hours, then had to start heading to Yak and Yeti at 1:10, for our 1:30 ressie. (3 hours after eating a buffet breakfast). We werent even hungry, but still ordered the app, entree and dessert! I get sick thinking about it! So we leave Y & Y at 3, have one more hour in the park before we need to head back to our hotel to shower and change for our 6:30 dinner ressie in Epcot. Ugh... We were in AK for 8 hours and about 4 of those were in a restaurant. I didnt even order a meal in Le Cellier. Hubby and boys just got the entree. My daughter just got dessert, the moose head thing, and she only took one bite. I think your place to do late breakfast or early lunch and a dinner every day would be best. Also, your snack credits can be used for a muffin and juice in the morning.

Unless things have changed since last year, Deluxe credits are all commingled. You'd have to keep track of how many are used for children meals versus adults. The Regular plan will keep track and the receipts print out exactly how many kids TS are left and how many adults.

Sometimes when we have extra credits (usually because our kids sleep through ADRs!), we'll grab togo lunches on check out day. Boardwalk Bakery is the best! You just tell them you're heading to the airport and they'll pack everything for you.

Sometimes when we have extra credits (usually because our kids sleep through ADRs!), we'll grab togo lunches on check out day. Boardwalk Bakery is the best! You just tell them you're heading to the airport and they'll pack everything for you.

That's a good idea. I never thought about doing that. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter