• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe dining: best of the best!

jtheodore

Earning My Ears
I'm finally going to take the plunge. We are going for deluxe dining this trip. So now with three tableservice meals a day I am thinking use one service for character breakfast every morning at different restaurants around the parks and hotels. They are usually pretty filling so I think we could skip lunch or just use a snack. Now for the big one signature dining where are the best places to eat for dinner. I will have to use one of my signature dinners at Cinderella's Royal table for my daughter. I have four more days I need to fill up with signature dining any thoughts?......

You receive 3 meal credits per night you stay - not per day. Depending on your schedule you may or may not actually have enough credits to use 3 per day, every day.

You receive 3 meal credits per night you stay - not per day. Depending on your schedule you may or may not actually have enough credits to use 3 per day, every day.
what do you mean? We are staying from Saturday till Friday. Saturday night we fly in late so we will not be able to use any credits that day. So that still gives me five nights three credits per night for meals. I am figuring character breakfasts each morning and then using two credits each night for signature dining. I understand how the meal plan works I'm just looking for recommendations on some of the best signature dining restaurants Disney has to offer.

what do you mean? We are staying from Saturday till Friday. Saturday night we fly in late so we will not be able to use any credits that day. So that still gives me five nights three credits per night for meals. I am figuring character breakfasts each morning and then using two credits each night for signature dining. I understand how the meal plan works I'm just looking for recommendations on some of the best signature dining restaurants Disney has to offer.
we have not eaten at signature dining establishments in the past because of the fact that they used to credits each.

Three meals per day really is a lot of food. We have DxDP planned as well & are only eating three meals on two days, with breakfast being a buffet so we're not forced to heap on the food. You can also spread things out if your kids are older (breakfast at 8-9 AM, lunch at 1-2 PM, dinner at 8-9 PM) or try to find restaurants that have limited, but interesting, portions. Look into packages (Fantasmic! & any holiday offerings during your visit) as well.

If you go with your TS breakfast/lunch + Signature dinner plan, I'd try to put together a variety of cuisine types. Yachtsman Steakhouse, Jiko, and California Grill would definitely be on my list. Look at some menus. :)

We use the DxDP every trip because DH and I are huge signature restaurant fans and our family also likes to go to character meals. If we aren't doing a character breakfast (or a character lunch at Tusker House), we are doing some other meal for lunch that is one credit. Here is a list of Signature restaurants that we really like and try to do each trip.
- Narcoossee's
- Fulton's Crabhouse
- California Grill
- Artist Point
- The Brown Derby
- Yachtsman's Steakhouse
- Cinderella Royal Table (you already said you will be going there, but had to add it to our list anyways :goodvibes).

I personally love Jiko, Flying Fish, California Grill (schedule for Wishes), and Artist's Point. Those are in no special order. Enjoy!

Last time we were there in 2012 we ate at California Grill and Le Celier. Both were very good. This time we are skipping both because we don't think that our two year old will sit through a two hour or so meal.

Have you guys done the luau at the Polynesian? If so how was your experience? My wife has brought that up a few times and I'm not sure if we should book it or not. We are traveling during Christmas and my kids will be seven and three.

Have you guys done the luau at the Polynesian? If so how was your experience? My wife has brought that up a few times and I'm not sure if we should book it or not. We are traveling during Christmas and my kids will be seven and three.

I wouldn't do it. The dining plan won't get you the good seats.

We did it a few trips ago and thought it was fine. The food was good, not great, but definitely edible however the entertainment was a little hokey. The only part that we enjoyed was the flame thrower guy, my DH said I probably enjoyed him the best :rotfl2:. I think your kids will get a kick out of the show, at least mine did.

I'm finally going to take the plunge. We are going for deluxe dining this trip. So now with three tableservice meals a day I am thinking use one service for character breakfast every morning at different restaurants around the parks and hotels. They are usually pretty filling so I think we could skip lunch or just use a snack. Now for the big one signature dining where are the best places to eat for dinner. I will have to use one of my signature dinners at Cinderella's Royal table for my daughter. I have four more days I need to fill up with signature dining any thoughts?......

Artist Point (if you want to venture to WL) is fabulous. I wish we had time to eat there again this year. We also loved California Grill. Never did anything (other than breakfast) at GF but I hear it's worth doing.

ENJOY -- we love the DDP -- works for us.

That's funny few people have said Artisan Pointe. After all the years I've been going to Disney I never thought to go to another hotel to eat there. We are up in the air about where to stay this year. We were thinking about the beach club and a lot of people have been talking about the steakhouse there. I didn't realize some of these Disney resorts actually had nice restaurants in them. I guess we've always been park oriented or liked the convenience of the restaurants on the monorail loop.

What Nala means is, that you get 3 credits per night you stay, not per day, of your trip. For example if you stay 5 nights you will have 15 credits per person, not 18, etc. because it's by the number of nights. If you check in on Saturday and check out on the following Friday, you will have 18 credits per person.

The Hoop dee doo Review is excellent for 2ts. it has lots of yummy food, great entertainment, and booze is included. :dance3:

We love Narcoose's, Yachtsmen and California Grill. This year we're trying Brown Derby for the first time. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter