Deluxe AP's

DLVixen

Is it time to go to DL Yet?
Hi I have a question..or 2 regarding upgrading to an AP.

We just received our 5 day park hopper "souvenir" passes yesterday. They're the blue ones with Mickey on it and they are like plastic cards. I thought it was so neat because last year when we went our park hoppers were just the paper card types, anyhow so we want to upgrade to DAP's because we figure we're only 140 ish miles from DL & if we go at least 2x a year the AP's pay for themselves. So what I want to know if this:

1) Is it better to upgrade to AP's as soon as we get there to get the discounts & such? During our time there I checked and there are no blackout days.

2) When you upgrade to AP's do you lose your original tickets? or do they just deactivate them? They're so cool looking I really wanted to hang on to them :blush:

You'll want to be sure to use your early entry before you upgrade (and has you said, black out dates). Not sure if they'll let you keep your tickets, you could ask, but I think they probably take them. But, your new a/p will be a nice plastic card as well.

OOh I hadn't even thought of early entry, thanks for bringing that up!
I definitely plan on using EE the day after we get there since I didn't use it my last trip, So maybe I'll upgrade the day after we use our EE? And what do DAP's look like then? ..*wonders if anyone has a pic of them:confused3 *

Here's a picture of our AP.

IMG_3558_edited.jpg

If EE is the first day you are there, then go ahead and upgrade that day. Go take advantage of EE, then come back to the "bank" on main street and upgrade. That way you can use your dinning discounts that day. You also get a 20% discount on some of the tours, if you are considering any of those.

We also live in Bakersfield, and have Deluxe APs, I'm sure you'll make good use of them! :) We go at least every other month, we just went down for the day last week.

I'd take advantage of EE first and then upgrade- with the APs you don't have that perk.

Thanks for all the info guys (kudos for the ap pics too :thumbsup2 )
We're arriving on Sunday & don't get to use our EE until Monday so we're gonna do EE, then head to the bank as suggested. On the bright side my g-ma is going this trip & not upgrading her tickets so I'll get to have at least one of the park hopper cards to keep :yay:

We did that exact thing in February. Had our nice souvenier park hoppers, and upgraded to the Deluxe Annual Pass. We had to surrender our original tickets, and the APs aren't NEARLY as nice as the park hoppers. They are plastic, but not credit card quality. Just fyi.

Aww well I guess I can't be too disappointed after all it means I can go to DL anytime I want :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter