Delta

MICOL

DIS Veteran
I read today in the Orlando Sentinel that Delta Express will stop 27 of there 48 daily flight to Orlando. Of course we have 4 ticks for my family on Delta Express. I have another trip on Metrojet and they are canceling all 2002 flights. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You may still be able to fly Delta by going to one of their hub cities and then on to Orlando; If I read correctly in the newspaper, flights to Orlando from their main hubs aren't being impacted (at least not yet).

I'm pretty upset about all these cut backs (and sad too) because I booked my non-stop flight back in March at $208. each.

I like and always fly non-stop because I have 2 little ones and I just don't like connecting flights. I pay extra for it as most other connecting flights were cheaper.

Now they are going to cut Delta Express to Florida by 50%!

I will probably have canceled flights and then our new flights will probably be connecting flights. I'm also worried about what time they will change my flights to. We're leaving out at 5:40 p.m. on a Thursday night (Nov 29) and I'm afraid when they change it, we'll get in to Orlando in the middle of the night! As it stands now, we'd get in around 9:00. Then our flight home is after a cruise so as long as they don't make our flight earlier in the morning, I really don't mind too much of a change. It just has to be after 1:00 p.m. My flight now is 1:45 p.m. December 9.

I was all organzied, had everything planned out to the T and I was being a good little dooby and not canceling my plans to fly and now I find this out. One more thing to worry about!

Of course, this is VERY trivial when I think of what happened 2 weeks ago...:( I just needed to vent. If they make my flight connecting, is there I chance, I'd get some kind of rebate or voucher as I'm not getting what I paid for....Beverly Lynn, do you know?

you will be reacommodated first of all. if its not to what you want then they will put you on something else that better suits you. if this is not acceptable then they will refund your money and you can fly another carrier. they do not have to refund your money if you go from a non stop to a connecting or direct flight. and since you booked it so far in advance you are also subject to a schedule change as well. I know this may not be the answer you wanted to hear but thats just the way they do it.

i've read the same thing about 50% of Delta Express direct flights getting canned and being reaccomadated on connecting flights through their hub.

ANyone have any idea of when the are going to make or post the changes? I keep checking the schedule on their website and i see no changes yet.

a little update- i just checked again and they have changes in the schedule for october but it looks like they havent done anything from novemebr 1st forward. I'm guessing they either didnt get to it or hoping they will re-evaluate later. (I didnt check every day- justa random sampling.)

Anyhow to give you an idea of what i found:

I checked JFK to MCO and there used to be 5 flights roughly at 7,8,10,3,5. Looks like they only have 4 now- the first one at 7:15 seems to be gone.

Also checked MCO to EWR- used to be 6 flights- roughly 7,10,12,6,8,9. Now only four - the first one and last 2 are gone and the 12 noon one is now ~2.

So I guess at least from the limited things i checked it's somewhat workable with only the early and late flights being canned. But i guess you cant get there early or leave late (at least not without connecting).

I did see that DLX will continue to serve the 5 cities in FL that it does now from Boston, just that the frequency will be cut way back. So Micol and beattyfamily, if you're flying out of Boston, it couldn't hurt to call now to see if you can get on whatever's left on BOS to MCO. Also, they might be able to put you on a flight to Tampa; it's only about an hour's drive from there to WDW. Also, American has a non-stop leaving Boston around 7am to MCO, and to BOS around 11am. They might be able to reaccomodate on those flights if your original ones are in fact cancelled.
Good luck!

Delta did not have a direct flight from Houston, so I flew on one of their connecting flights (through Atlanta) to Orlando once. What a mess! When you arrive at the hub (Atlanta) they rebook you all on different flights and make you lay over while they do this - with you standing in the rebooking line all this time. I am diabetic and did not even have time to get a snack between the flights. (What they are doing is trying to fill up several smaller planes to avoid empty seats.) I wrote them a letter of complaint after this flight and all they did was send me a form letter "thanking me for my comments." I vowed NEVER to fly Delta again. Now, can you imagine how they will be doing this NOW, if it was that bad before the cut in flights!

We've completely rescheduled our vacation and we're going in two weeks instead of four! Disney has been wonderful, exchanging MNSSHP tix, and ressie dates at same rate. Had to change kennel date for our dog, cancel limo to airport. What a mess. Delta refunded our $$ because they cancelled our flight. We're driving down now and will actually be able to spend more time down there. Part of this was due to the fact of the cancellation and the school frowning on 5 missed days. Now she'll only miss 1 plus 2 half days. Course, it costs us more because DH's company was paying for the hotel (he's still going the end of Oct).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter