Delta Song

DisneyFans20

Earning My Ears
I would like the opinions of anyone who has flown Delta Song whether it is good or bad. My wife and I have always flown JetBlue and loved it every time, but when I was looking to purchase tickets months ago JetBlue wanted over 400.00 for roundtrip, and this is why I went with Delta Song. I have asked a few people I have come in contact with and they were pretty happy with their experience, but I personally need more people to tell me about their experiences. Also I am a pretty big guy(6'4 375lbs) and I need to know if I will be comfortable in their seats, because I am always comfortable in JetBlues seats. Any information will be greatly appreciated

Short ansewer, you probably won't like the seats. They are just like Deltas and there is not a lot of leg room. Other then that they will be fine. (I am not sure what you can do if people turn out to be unhappy, cancel?)

We love Song!!! My dh is 6'4" also and he finds the legroom to be a little better than on most planes. He's still scrunched but not as bad. Song now has the t.v.s for each seat, the same as JetBlue has. Those really made our flights in August wonderful. We have had only good experiences with Song. They board quickly, usually leave a little early. I have also found that JetBlue is right around the same price but I can book a whole lot earlier with Song. I booked airfare for a trip in mid-June with Song last week. Can't do that with JetBlue or Southwest!!!

I just flew twice to orlando from hartford, ct on song. My ds and I love it. We love the tv. They try to sell you food on the flight but will give you a free drink. I am hesitant to fly southwest because I am pooh size and sometimes they make you pay for two tickets plus you don't get assign seats. Song lets you. I never flew jet blue because they don't fly out of my airport so I can't comment on them. I have never had a problem with song at all.

DF20 -

I'm 6'5" 280 and I fly Song a lot. You should try for seats 9 B,C,D, or E or 10a or 10F as they have extra leg room. You can book these exit row seats in advance. Rows 16 and 17 are exit rows, but are airport assigned as too many families were booking them with little kids despite the warnings. I'm not sure where hubby has the weight spread to, but I find the seats wide enough and I'm a 44" waist. I've flown JetBlue a few times and have not found the seat width anything special. The seat pitch was also pretty average compared to American and other mainline airlines. Only in the exit rows can a 6'2" or taller person be comfortable and have some room to move around.

As far as the airline itself, the atmosphere is FUN. they have some cute introductions to the plane and the safety features (the Barry White type one and the Irish Step dancing one are very funny). You have to pay for the food, but it's good quality and not overpriced. Selection can be limited if you're near the back of the plane. I've never been on a Song flight that was late landing and that's seven roundtrips now in various weather conditions. The onboard entertainment makes the flight fly by. 24 TV channels and a bunch of audio programs mean that everyone can find something to watch or listen to.

Good Luck!!

Brian

Another tallish person here who flies Song out of Boston. I am 6'3" and 210 (soon to be 200, tho). I have found the seats comfy, with adequate legroom, tho not nearly as generous as JetBlue's. As for the width of the seats, DS is wheelchair-bound and has a special (and fairly wide) carseat that he flies in, and that also fits just fine in the Song seats.

The atmosphere is great and the food is pretty good, very fresh. Tho our November flights are all on Song, as are our April flights, in January we found it more advantageous to fly outbound on JetBlue with the return on Song (saved us $30 per person and got us better flight times). I am still pretty brand-loyal to Delta, and have been a member of Delta's FF programs since the mid-80s, so it takes a bit to pry me away. I can seriously see becoming more brand-loyal to JetBlue tho, especially as they expand their fleets and routes.

I just want to thank everyone who posted their replies, it has truly meant alot to me for all of your wonderful responses. I know I can always count on these boards for all the info I get now and in the future. Everyone has put me at ease and has made me look forward to my trip even more. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter