• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta & pre flight email

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
I received an email from Delta maybe 6 weeks ago telling me that I had to provide certain information - date of birth, drivers license number, etc. or my ticket would be cancelled. All information on the ticket must match my ID perfectly. They said this was new TSA regulations. I just realized that when I made my son's SW reservation a few weeks ago they didn't ask me any of these questions. What's the deal??

The only thing I have ever been asked for on any airline is my full legal name and date of birth. No one has ever asked for my drivers license number, etc. That email sounds suspicious to me. Did you provide the information by calling Delta directly or did you click through via email?

Now that you say that it might not have been my driver's license number, but just my date of birth. It was directly through Delta. They didn't ask my son's birthdate with SW though.

The only thing required by airlines/tsa is your name, exactly as it appears on your id and dob. This can be updated/done prior to flying and on airline website. They won't cancel your flight if it's not done, just takes longer going through security if not completed.

Are you sure the email is from the airline?

It could be a scam spam.

Do not click blue links in this or any other email except the confirmation from a web site you just registered for.

Telephone the airline and ask about this.

Oddly enough I just got this email again from Delta. It wasn't my driver's license number - sorry. Just your name as it appears on your ID and birthdate. It does say that if you don't provide this information at least 72 hours before your flight it can be cancelled. I'm going to check the SW site and see if there is a place to input my son's information.

Oddly enough I just got this email again from Delta. It wasn't my driver's license number - sorry. Just your name as it appears on your ID and birthdate. It does say that if you don't provide this information at least 72 hours before your flight it can be cancelled. I'm going to check the SW site and see if there is a place to input my son's information.

SW may not have implemented it yet. They may ask for it when you check-in.

What happens if my airline did not ask for any of the newly required information?
Secure Flight is being phased-in and each airline will incorporate the necessary changes into its system over the coming months. Passengers should not be concerned if particular airlines don't ask them to provide the additional information right away; it should not impact their travel.

I just received this e-mail from DL. It said things you should do/know before our upcoming flight. If this is what you got, the e-mail is from DL. I'd just go to your flight info and there should be a link for "secure flight info" and just fill in with your info. I filled these out for previously flights. You should only need to do once if you have skymiles acct.

Dear Customer,

To enhance the security of commercial air travel, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has developed Secure Flight, a program that compares airline passenger information against U.S. government watch lists.

As part of this program, you've had the option in the past to provide your full name, gender and date of birth when booking Delta travel. Now it is a requirement to provide this information as it appears on your non-expired government-issued photo ID for upcoming and any future travel. Effective November 1, 2010, if you do not accurately provide this information prior to 72 hours before your scheduled departure, your reservation may be cancelled.

To verify your existing reservation meets these requirements, please access your itinerary on delta.com and scroll down to select the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" link on the right side of the page. Then, submit your information as it appears on your non-expired government-issued photo ID. If you purchased your ticket via a travel agency, you may also contact them to add your Secure Flight information. Please note that the name you provide does not have to exactly match the name on your ticket or SkyMiles account.

The Secure Flight process is now mandatory for all domestic and international travel on U.S. airlines as well as foreign carriers who fly into and out of the U.S. This process will help prevent watch list misidentifications and expedite your travel experience. You may visit the TSA website for Secure Flight FAQ's and more information.

Just got the same email this afternoon. The odd thing was, after going in and entering all the correct info for me and DD for our flights, I pulled up the same link and some of the info was GONE! :eek: Like our middle names (mine was originally there but DDs wasn't) and my DOB (which was originally there). Glitchy much?!

I hope we don't have issues with this, but I figure I'll check when we have a week or two to go and make sure all the info is there and correct.

Just got the same email this afternoon. The odd thing was, after going in and entering all the correct info for me and DD for our flights, I pulled up the same link and some of the info was GONE! :eek: Like our middle names (mine was originally there but DDs wasn't) and my DOB (which was originally there). Glitchy much?!

I hope we don't have issues with this, but I figure I'll check when we have a week or two to go and make sure all the info is there and correct.

That's what I'd do. I've had it happen to me and just input the info again. It's only takes a minute. I think the info is there, just glitch in the system, but worth re-entering.

I just logged in to my DL acct. and above the seating choice is where the link is for TSA. Then after you enter your info, it takes you back to your reservation and at the top under trip details there should be a green check mark and says you TSA flight input has been saved.
If you have the green checkmark already under trip details, then your set.

Are you sure the email is from the airline?

It could be a scam spam.

Do not click blue links in this or any other email except the confirmation from a web site you just registered for.

Telephone the airline and ask about this.

IT's not a scam. (unless you consider the TSA a scam)

You will have to provide your name, sex and date of birth to fly as of 11/1. Prior to that it was 'voluntary'

I have no idea what this proves, but there you have it!

I've received this e-mail from Delta for my next 2 flights. Just went online and entered my info.

I just recieved this email as well. I filled in my info and my traveling family members info. If you use a middle initial on your legal Id, drivers licence, etc. remember to put it in and do not add a period after the initial, it doesn't except the period. Your name needs to read exactly the way it is printed on your Id. Sorry this was so long (yes, I mistakenly put in the period). Just thought I'd share.

Belle

:santa::santa::santa:

Same here-- the info has been entered and disappeared three times.. Also checking again next week.

I just had to enter my information again on Deltas site. I can't find anywhere on SW to do this for my son. If it's no longr an option to provide this information, why isn't SW asking for it?

I just had to enter my information again on Deltas site. I can't find anywhere on SW to do this for my son. If it's no longr an option to provide this information, why isn't SW asking for it?

They should be. I've never flown SW, but if you can call and ask I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter