Delta - in flight entertainment?

Disney st8 of mind

Mouseketeer
Last year we flew home on Airtran and they had the little radio things that the kids plugged their headphones in and listened to the station of their choice. This year we are on Delta both ways and the kids are wondering if they have the same thing. Last night I looked on the website and there is all this stuff listed as in flight entertainment (movies, shows,music, trivia, etc.). How does it all work? What is their setup like on the plane? FWIW we are on a 2.5 hour flight. Thanks!

Last year we flew home on Airtran and they had the little radio things that the kids plugged their headphones in and listened to the station of their choice. This year we are on Delta both ways and the kids are wondering if they have the same thing. Last night I looked on the website and there is all this stuff listed as in flight entertainment (movies, shows,music, trivia, etc.). How does it all work? What is their setup like on the plane? FWIW we are on a 2.5 hour flight. Thanks!

Delta has in flight entertainment on some of their planes but not all. It's mostly on the long flights. For a 2.5 hour flight from Michigan, probably not.

Check seatguru.com for your plane model.

We flew Delta from the West Coast last January. The seat backs had TVs in them. You could watch TV for free, but it was about $6 to watch movies. Plus about $3 for headphones.

Plus about $3 for headphones.
I don't travel often, but all the airplanes that I've been on that have had headset jacks, you could use "standard" headsets/earpieces. You might get mono (one ear instead of both), but I don't like paying for stuff I don't need.

None of the four Delta planes I was on last September (Bangor to New York to Orlando and return the same way) had any type of inflight entertainment (movies, TVs OR headsets) - apparently one of the 4 planes we will be on this time DOES have it....(the Orlando to Detroit leg of the flight only).

The best way to check is to go into the Delta site and find out what type of aircraft they are using for the flight - then you can find out by clicking on aircraft types what is available.

The smaller CRJ-7 planes (commuter type) it didn't surprise me, but for the MD-88 plane from New York to MCO, it did surprise me a little....as it was about 3 hours....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter