Delta Flight Changes....

tkldisney

DIS Veteran
I just checked our DL flights for Dec. and they changed their schedule which they said they were going to do. We're out of Cincinnati which is a big hub for DL.
We went from leaving at 4:11PM to 2:25 (that parts good)
Leaving Orlando went from 7:05PM to 5:15.

I just called and changed 2 of my ADR's (thank goodness the times were available) to reflect the new time. Since it's within 90 of travel and they said they were going to change hub flights, it shouldn't change to much off these times. So if anyone is flying DL you might want to go online and check your times and seating.

Thanks for posting this information. On your advice, I went and checked my on-line reservations with Delta. Here's the good news. Our schedule did change. We now leave home 15 minutes later (which is good because it is so early!) and arrive in Florida 1/2 hour earlier. We also leave Orlando 1 hour 20 minutes later and arrive home around the same time. Again Yay! Almost an extra 2 hours in Orlando. This is the second change and we had already gained 2-1/2 hours in Orlando so now we up are close to 4-1/2 hours extra in Orlando. :teeth:

Now here's the problem that I am hoping you can help me with. We are from NH and we are flying into Cincinatti for the connection to Orlando. When they changed our flight times our connection times have gone down to only 30 minutes. Do you think 30 minutes is enough time to make the connection? We have never been to Cincinatti and don't know how big the airport is and if 30 minutes is realistic to make a connecting flight. I will probably have to change my car reservations too but that shouldn't be a big deal hopefully. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Cinci isn't a small airport, but it's not big like ATL. As long as your incoming flight is on time, you shouldn't have a problem. All the Delta flights are in one area. If you are concerned about the tight window of time, call Delta and explain the situation to them and they will change you to a later connection if it is available. In my experience, they will do this without a change fee since they changed the original flight times.

30 minutes to make a connection is not realiztic and if you leave things that way and manage to make it, consider it a miracle.

Go on Delta's web site and see if there are other flights that suit you better, then call and ask for a change (but do not agree to pay any change fees or increase in fare).

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Cinci's airport isn't that big and all of Deltas gates are fairly close together. I would not hesitate to take a 30 minute connection in Cincinnati (we have done it lots of times)

I've been to Cincinnatti once. How big are the planes you're taking? I remember going to change gates and I came in on a large plane and was connecting to a smaller one.

Went around a corner pointing toward those gates only to find I had to get a bus.

I have done a 30 minute layover in Minneapolis and went from one side to the other, but you do have to book it. Not sure I'd trust it in Cincinnatti tho.

(Oh, and I ended up in that satelite termnial for 6 hours because the plane broke down)

No worries at all as long as you land on time. You will most likely come into Terminal C (where all of the commuter jets for Delta go) and fly out of Terminal B. Once you deplane (which wont take long since you are on a plane with no more than 70 people on it) then take the bus to terminal B (make sure you check the overhead signs first to make sure this is where your 2nd flight is) and you should make it in time. You wont have time to stop for food so bring food with you from your original destination to take on the Orlando flight.

I fly ALL the time and am in and out of CVG (Cincinatti/Northern Kentucky) quite a bit. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If for some reason you do miss your original connection then Delta will simply put you on the next flight into MCO (Orlando) and you can take a break in Terminal B and enjoy a nice lunch at Outback Steakhouse, a coffee at Starbucks or browse the shops. If you have to have a delay in an airport then CVG is THE best place to be!

Have a great trip.

OHHH..

I just did this exact thing this morning. I noticed the change in the schedules and called first thing. There aren't too many possible changes for us out of MHT right now; however the agent told me to keep checking because she wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 more major changes. :guilty:

BTW Tinkim, are you leaving from MHT? I am. When are you leaving? We had the 645 flight going to ATL but now are on the 5:35 flight going to CINN.
We are leaving on April 20th.

I was also checking my reservation this morning and of course there was another change. I've had about five since I made these reservations back in April. We traveling February 17 - 25. They changed my flight out of Boston to 30 minutes later and now we only have a 35 minute layover in Atlanta. I think that's crazy. So I'll be calling in a few minutes to see what they can do for me. I want more time in Florida not less. :)

poohbear2 said:
OHHH..

I just did this exact thing this morning. I noticed the change in the schedules and called first thing. There aren't too many possible changes for us out of MHT right now; however the agent told me to keep checking because she wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 more major changes. :guilty:

BTW Tinkim, are you leaving from MHT? I am. When are you leaving? We had the 645 flight going to ATL but now are on the 5:35 flight going to CINN.
We are leaving on April 20th.

Hi poohbear2 ~ I believe you are the person that told me about the great rate on Delta in the first place! We are flying out of MHT.

Our original reservations were for 5:20 a.m. out of MHT to CVG and then arriving at MCO at 10:53. On the way home we were to leave MCO at 1:30 to LaGuardia and then to MHT at around 6:00.

They have since discontinued the flight from LaGuardia so now we fly into Cincinatti both times. We are on the 5:35 a.m. flight from MHT to CVG too but we are going 2/25 to 3/4. We had the 5:20 a.m. to CVG originally. The original layovers in Cincinatti were about an hour and now one is 30 minutes and one is 40 minutes. Like I said, we did gain about 4-1/2 hours total in Orlando since I first booked and I am happy about that but wasn't sure if 30 minutes was going to be enough. The selfish part of me doesn't want to change my flight times for a longer layover and end up with less time in Orlando so I am tempted to leave things as is and see what happens with the schedule. But we do have a total of nine people traveling so it might not be so easy to just have them put us on standby for the next flight if we miss our connection. So I guess I am just going to wait and see what happens and if there are anymore schedule changes and deal with it then. If there are no more changes then I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed that all the flights are on time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us that it all works out. You still can't beat the price we got even with the headache. My friend is on the same flights with us and she paid $400 R/T per person. :earseek:

FWIW . . . I just checked Delta's web site and the next flight from Cincinatti to Orlando is 10:25 a.m. and then the next one is at 2:25 p.m. So if we keep the same flight from MHT then those are the only other two options.

30 min. connection time in Cincinnati is fine. If your on a regional jet, then you will fly into concourse C, which all regional jets for DL go. Otherwise you will go into concourse B which is also DL. Just look at your reservation and find out type of plane and thet will make it easy for you to figure out. Most of the flights to MCO are out of B, since DL uses the larger jets.

This is a good point, people need to double check their flight times. We just got our package info in and it relfected flight times as well as flight # changes. Lucky for us none of the changes were more than 10-15 minutes.

Hope everyone has a great trip :wizard:

I check my flights about every two days and I also had a change in times and one had a new flight number. Biggest problem is I depart MCO at 5:25 pm and land in ATL at 6:55 and depart ATL at 6:50. UMMM problem is I land after I take off ....lol I called and the reservation person laughed with me and said I see why your calling. Options were take the flight from MCO and not leave ATL until 9 getting home at midnight or leaving MCO earlier and keeping the 6:50 out of ATL and still getting home at 9:20 pm. I choose the earlier flight out of MCO. It only 90 minutes ealrier then original plans so thats ok.

This is for my Nov-Dec flight, my April flight alos had a few small changes and we fixed them for now. A few minutes difference is ok but changing things by more then 30 minutes makes a dfference is plans.
I wish they would just leave it alone.

Lori

To the OP:

What type of planes are you flying on? If you are on 2 regional jets or 2 regular jets, 30 minutes is do-able if your flight is right on time. If you have a mix, I would say no way. Concourse C (for regional jets) in connected to the others by bus. This can take 15 minutes. You have to deplane, get on the bus, and still be at your gate 15 min. before the departure time.

Personally, I would opt for a longer layover. I hate the stress of worrying about your flight getting in right on time, mine never seem to!

Letsbgoofy said:
To the OP:

What type of planes are you flying on? If you are on 2 regional jets or 2 regular jets, 30 minutes is do-able if your flight is right on time. If you have a mix, I would say no way. Concourse C (for regional jets) in connected to the others by bus. This can take 15 minutes. You have to deplane, get on the bus, and still be at your gate 15 min. before the departure time.

Personally, I would opt for a longer layover. I hate the stress of worrying about your flight getting in right on time, mine never seem to!

I looked at our new tickets and we fly into Cincinatti on a CR7 and we fly out of Cincinatti on an M80. I looked these up on the internet and they seem to both be regional jets. So I guess they will be in the same concourse and hopefully the gates will be relatively close to each other. I think I am going to wait a bit and see what happens. They have already changed our flights three times so they will probably change again before February. I checked Delta's other flights out of CVG to MCO and the next flight after this one would be at 10:30 so that would give us 2-1/2 hours in the airport with 6 kids. Not sure if I want to deal with the stress of booking it to the connecting flight with 6 kids or spending 2-1/2 hours in the airport with 6 kids. Neither one is sounding too appealing right now. :teeth:

A CR7 is a regional jet (2+2 seating) and will land at Terminal C. The MD88 is a full size (but small) plane with 3+2 seating and will leave from Terminal B. We've found that the bus transfer between terminals is very quick.

My PVD-TPA President's week tickets were also changed. One of the connection times was 3 minutes. :eek: When I called Delta I asked "what was Delta thinking???" The gentleman I spoke to laughed and then explained that when Delta changes the flights, they don't look at your itinerary. They only look at the segment that was changed. In my case, every flight changed. So they looked at each piece as if there were no other flights involved.

We booked NS on Delta for Dec trip so we could avoid any weather issues with layovers and so on.

With everything going on at Delta, I am checking frequently to be on top of any time adjustments. My question is if anyone has ever had a NS turn into a layover flight. I am hoping not but just wondering...

MumTo2Princesses said:
We booked NS on Delta for Dec trip so we could avoid any weather issues with layovers and so on.

With everything going on at Delta, I am checking frequently to be on top of any time adjustments. My question is if anyone has ever had a NS turn into a layover flight. I am hoping not but just wondering...

Delta was starting a brand new service from my local airport. Non stop from Charlottesville to Orlando starting in November. I got my seats for the end of November. Now since the bankruptcy, they are indefinately postponing the start. They have rescheduled my flight to a connecting flight on the way back but on the way down I still have the non stop flight (which will not happen). I called them to schedule a connecting flight on the way down but the NS still exists in their computers so they can't help me. I check every day to see if I have been rescheduled yet but it hasn't happened. I am anxious to get this scheduled so I can rent my car. Kind of puts things on hold waiting for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter