delta anyone?

sbpebbles

DIS Veteran
I have a friend coming to visit me the day before my birthday and the only flight that I could find that arrives in the morning into Milwaukee from LAX is on Delta..I don't have any experience with Delta flights..the price is good considering he's just over 2 weeks out only $89 plus luggage which i know is $23 for the first piece..what other costs do I need to tell him about? does he check in online 24 hrs ahead? he hasn't bought his ticket yet but will soon and i know those prices can change...just want to be prepared as to what he can expect..do they changed their schedules a lot? thanks for any info you can give...opps i posted this on the budge board, meant to put on transportation, mod can move if need be

Does the $89 include tax? If so, then you are good.

I flew Delta in July and there were no extra costs unless you want to buy a meal on the plane. I did not.

Dawn

no it's $89 plus tax which comes to $110.40 which is still better than what he was looking at when considering taking the train here..

Make sure it is a non-stop flight. I have only flown Delta twice, but both times they changed flight times at the last minute. The first time I was stranded in the connecting flight airport. The second time I spent the night waiting for a morning flight because they decided there were not enough passengers at the last minute and combined flights. It was too far to drive back to my relatives house and then be back for a 6 a.m. flight. Costumer Service is non-existent.

Make sure it is a non-stop flight. I have only flown Delta twice, but both times they changed flight times at the last minute. The first time I was stranded in the connecting flight airport. The second time I spent the night waiting for a morning flight because they decided there were not enough passengers at the last minute and combined flights. It was too far to drive back to my relatives house and then be back for a 6 a.m. flight. Costumer Service is non-existent.

this flight is NOT non stop, like i said it's the only flight of any of the airlines that arrives in milwaukee in the morning....it makes one stop in minneapolis for just over a hour...

I fly Delta at least once a month. It is better than most airlines and the price seems excellent.

I fly a lot. I have had Delta change times on flights, but usually any changes they make are several months out. I was very lucky on a recent trip. I was going to the West Coast and had a change of planes each way. The outbound side had about a ten minute change on one of the flights.

However, the homebound changed me totally, so I left 20 minutes later but my change of planes was in ATL instead of SLC and I arrived home one hour and 20 minutes earlier than originally scheduled.

I fly Delta at least once a month. It is better than most airlines and the price seems excellent.

We fly Delta all the time. Nothing different from any other big airline. Check their website for extra fees. For example, we have an American Express card so we get free checked backage.

this flight is NOT non stop, like i said it's the only flight of any of the airlines that arrives in milwaukee in the morning....it makes one stop in minneapolis for just over a hour...

Minneapolis is a fairly big airport (not an O'Hare scale or Dallas, but it isn't Tallahassee either) and Delta pretty much owns it. Its been built up over years, so it can be a little like the Winchester Mansion to get through - instead of the nice Dallas or Denver "we rebuilt the airport so we actually thought about moving people through it." LA is usually concourse F, I'm willing to bet Milwaukee will be concourse A. Your friend will want to debark as quick as possible and hustle to the departing gate. Bathroom breaks should be taken when she is at the departing gate, not at the arrival gate. I'd ask the flight attendant to do a gate check on the LAX to MSP link and look at the inflight magazine to have a plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter