Delta Airlines Economy Pricing

AuroraBelleCindy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has purchased tickets with Delta Airlines using their economy pricing. I purchased tickets for my husband and myself to fly from Minneapolis to Baltimore and it was about $120 cheaper to buy what they are calling "economy" seats. We won't have seats assigned until our departure so I'm thinking there may be a chance we won't be sitting together which I was willing to risk being that the flight times were good and it's a non-stop flight. Just curious if anyone else has tried this out yet. Thanks.

I live in Atlanta and basically fly Delta exclusively and my husband flies them every week. What Delta calls Economy seating is the same as what other airlines call coach or main cabin. There are different levels of economy (which does impact price) depending upon if the ticket is refundable or not. There is also an Economy Comfort option which has slightly more seat room for an upcharge.

Usually you cannot pick a seat when a flight is close to being sold out. Otherwise, I have never not been able to choose a seat on Delta because I purchased an Economy ticket.

Edited to Add: I see that you must have purchased a BASIC ECONOMY ticket which is non-refundable and does not have advance seat selection. Otherwise, the rest of the benefits appear to be about the same.

I think Delta has vastly improved their service in the past several years and you will not notice a different in these seats at all unless you need to cancel. But you are right, there is a risk your party cannot sit together.

My husband and I purchased the Basic Economy when we flew back from Orlando in February. I made sure to do online check in 24 hours in advance. We were seated together but we were very far back in the plane. I guess that's what happens with these tickets and checking in 24 hours in advance. I did ask the guy at the desk at the gate if he could do any better for us and he gave us the exit row that was about 5 rows further up front..which was a little better

I expect probably the same when we fly down to Orlando next week..

I checked and I did purchase Basic Economy tickets which is something new from when I last flew Delta. I booked the tickets pretty quickly and figured we would just roll with the restrictions. But sounds like it won't be too bad. Thanks for your replies and setting my mind a little more at ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter