Dell Laptop Deal $399 shipped

Can you get the deal going directly through the Dell Website and not the link? I can't find it on the Dell site?

Maggie

From Dell home page, wave the mouse over notebooks, then select Small and Medium Business. Then select the ad at the top that says "Simply Spectacular."

(Make sure you get free shipping if you try it this way.)

The Dell is a great deal, comparable to all of the black friday deals. I am not worried about not having Word. It has the Works Suite which may have the Works word processing program. If not I have a Word disk from when I bought my desktop.

This is great! I ordered the Dell, got a $99 GPS and wii games B1G1F. All of my x-mas shopping is done and I don't have to wait outside in 20 deg. temps for 6 hours! YEAH! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was thinking of buying this for myself for xmas. I'm computer dumb, so is this a good PC for basically surfing the web? I would like one for my room so I don't have to come in DS's room to use the PC at night.

Ahh I was going to use my dell account, but I see that you can't since it's a deal for businesses. Darn!

Thsanks to some of the suggestions I've received from my 'Windows XP or Windows Vista' thread, on this board, I should spring for 2GBs, go with Windows XP, and stay away from Compaq computers period, correct?

My question for this thread is has anyone seen any equally superb deals for desktop computers from Dell, which appears to be the choice over HP as well in the under $600.00 price range?

Thanks!!!!

OK I'm a computer idiot. The computer comes with a wireless network card -- do I need anything else to access the internet (besides my DSL connection?). Any help would be most appreciated. :thumbsup2

Thsanks to some of the suggestions I've received from my 'Windows XP or Windows Vista' thread, on this board, I should spring for 2GBs, go with Windows XP, and stay away from Compaq computers period, correct?

My question for this thread is has anyone seen any equally superb deals for desktop computers from Dell, which appears to be the choice over HP as well in the under $600.00 price range?

Thanks!!!!

I couldn't find exactly what you are looking for, but here is one that is close:

"Dell Small Business has Vostro 200 mini Tower desktop w/ Dual Core E4500 2.2GHz, 19inch widescreen E198WFP LCD, 1GB, 160GB, DVD+-RW, 7.1 audio, XP Home or Vista Home Basic, 1yr warranty, 10GB 1yr online backup for only $419 w/ free next business day shipping."

This was at http://www.xpbargains.com/dell_coupons/index.php/deals
Search in the page for $419

You can get this deal with XP, but it is pretty much a fixed configuration, so you have to go with the 1GB ram.

Browse that page for good deals with 2GB ram, but they come with Vista, and you can't down/up-grade to XP.

tinaluis: If your DSL is a modem only, you need a cable to plug into it. If it came with built-in wireless, or you have or buy a wireless router, then your notebook with built-in wireless card can surf wirelessly.

I keep wondering how good it is too - just for surfing the web. Coincendentally, (sp) DH is actually meeting with Dell this week for business...I'll ask him his opinion on the laptop and deal when he gets home.

Has anybody seen this yet? It's in-store only, but I'd be willing, lol.

Toshiba Satellite A135-S7403 Laptop with Canon PIXMA 3-in-1 Printer

Tackle projects for home, work, school and fun with this compact yet complete home office featuring a practical laptop and handy all-in-one printer. Get them both in stores only for just $229 after $650.98 instant savings!
Features

* Intel® Celeron® M processor 530, 512MB DDR2 SDRAM, 80GB hard drive and high-speed wireless LAN
* Windows Vista Home Basic, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive, 15.4" TruBrite widescreen, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950, CD/DVD media controls and 5-in-1 bridge media adapter
* Canon PIXMA MP210 all-in-one photo printer, copier and scanner with ChromaLife100 and dual color gamut technologies
* In store only
* Save $650.98! (Reg. price $879.98 - $650.98 total bundle instant savings = $229)
* Best Buy's Bundle Return Policy applies to this package purchase.

Ordered 3 with Windows XP this morning. I ordered over the phone to keep someone working. My business - Surveys:lmao: Great deal for anyone just starting with a laptop. Enough for any school age kids and Moms/Dad without an actual business! Just note, no MS Word.... This is my deal of the season!

I am debating whether to buy one. I really only use a computer to watch tv shows on, check email and download my digital photographs. Would this laptop allow me to do these things.

I'm also computer illiterate. I'm looking for a laptop to play online games and do my surveys while I watch tv. What would be a good laptop? Right now we use a cable modem for the internet on our desktop, what I would need to get access to the internet? I assume a wireless router. Can I get that anywhere?

just went to the website and the $399 laptops are sold out.

Debating the Vostro 200 Mini Tower for DS's (high schoolers) - I want something that will last awhile and has enough power. Do you think I would be better off spending $80 more for the dual processor?

Thanks!!!

ETA: nevermind - went for the dual processor, upgraded memory and HD also....still a very good deal including the 19" monitor and free shipping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter