• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DELICIOUS Lentil Patties!

coltsfanatic

"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."
Lentil Patties: Best served on toasted wheat bread or used as filler in tacos, lasagna, etc.
Thought I’d share this recipe with you as they remind me of the quinoa cakes at Whispering Canyon Café, but they’re different of course because I HATE quinoa!
Let me just tell you that this is one of my favorite meals now (and I love food)!
**Yields 4 regular size patties
Ingredients:
½ cup dried green lentils (excellent source of iron, by the way)
About 1.5 cups of water for boiling lentils
2 Tablespoons unsweetened Silk almond milk (excellent source of calcium)
2 Packets Instant Cream of Wheat Cereal
½ Envelope of Onion Soup or Dip Mix
1 Egg Equivalent, I use Ener-G egg replacer
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
½ Teaspoon Steak Seasoning, I like Weber’s Chicago Steak Seasoning
½ Teaspoon Italian blend seasoning, I like Mrs. Dash’s Original Blend
Optional
2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread cut in fourths
4 Tablespoons of medium salsa, I like Guy Fieri’s original salsa
Preparation:
Add lentils to rapidly boiling water. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix almond milk, cream of wheat cereal, onion soup mix, Ener-G egg replacer, steak seasoning and Italian blend seasoning together.
When lentils are finished cooking, drain, rinse with cold water and add them to previously mixed ingredients. Stir together until a thick consistency is developed. If necessary, let stand 20-30 minutes for mixture to firm up.
Preheat a cast iron skillet, preferably, on your stovetop with vegetable oil.
With an ice cream scoop, form small scoops of mixture and proceed by forming patties with your hands.
Place patties delicately onto skillet and pan-fry about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve each patty on ½ slice of toasted bread (I like whole wheat) and top with salsa or use patties as a filler in tacos, lasagna, etc.
Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter