• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delicious Indeed!

YEAH, love the shout-out! And heck yeah I like the Celebrate You song! My sister and I were kind of bummed though because they took it out of the resort TV show. Boo!
Me too! On our last trip in February I was so :furious: Love that song!

I love being there for the rope drop.. I also love being there right when it opens but you get to enjoy a few rides with no wait! I remember when I saw my first rope drop at Epcot during my first trip to disney.. and it was magical. I was literally the adult yelling- "Look Austin it's Mickey"!! hehe

YEAH, love the shout-out! And heck yeah I like the Celebrate You song! My sister and I were kind of bummed though because they took it out of the resort TV show. Boo!

Yay for making it to Epcot! Can't wait to hear where you go first.

Oh, and PS, just started my new TR. If you hurry maybe you can be the first to post. ;)

I'm so excited to have the opportunity to WATCH the resort TV show when Howard and I finally stay on property in May 2012!!!

I cannot believe that you finished the April 2010 TR, another TR, and now you're starting ANOTHER one when I haven't yet finished my April 2010 one ...

I know that song! I remember knowing it from the commercials and then being surprised that Corbin Bleu sang it. Love listening to that song.

Walking with the Soarin' mob!

Yeah, I've always wondered about those triangle things up there too.

Awwww, it's so nice to see that they're not following the path of everybody else. And yes, it's like a picture out of an ad!

I hope Corbin Bleu doesn't go the way of all other Disney stars!

I really wonder where the dad and the son were going! So so so cute!

I LOVE that picture of the father and son-- clearly going with the flow, not rushing to the "E" rides. Adorable!!

I wonder if they made some deal that the son would pick where to go first!

Just wanted to subscribe to this one and join in! I'm busy catching up on your other TR too. I love all of the detail you go into. That pic of you in the bright sun cracks me up! :laughing:

Can't wait to read more and good luck with the wedding plans! It sounds stressful :headache:. Hope it's getting better :hug:

Yay! I'm always so happy to have new readers. Including detail is what makes it so difficult to keep updating! I'll be really happy to have it all done so I can look back on it in the future.

aw, I really do love that song. It just gives me that Disney feeling, like I want to be at Disney right now! So happy when I hear that!

Love that pic of the father and son. It does look like an ad for the parks, especially with the little boy wearing the mouse ears. Adorable.

It really is such a Disney song! I mean, it's part fun and pep mixed with corniness too!

I wonder if the people on the monorail saw them too!

I like that song, too. I didn't know they played it at Epcot.

I was always under the impression that these things

IMG_6303.jpg

were meant to provide a bit of shade on hot Epcot days. Could be wrong, though. :confused3

Yeah, that could make some sense considering it'd be a huge gap of space without any refuge from the sun!

I had to google the Corbin Bleu song and it sounds vaguely familiar. I haven't done the Soarin' rope drop in a while. I've been heading to Test Track first the past couple of years.

The picture of the father and son walking off in the distance with the monorail going by is great, it's a perfect Disney moment :cloud9:

I would like to go to Test Track first, but I guess we still go to Soarin' first because I'm willing to wait in the TT line but not really in the Soarin' line. I think the Soarin' line is pretty boring, so I want to be able to ride it twice with as little wait as possible.

Me too! On our last trip in February I was so :furious: Love that song!

Is it weird that we're just a bunch of adults who love Corbin Bleu's song ...

I love being there for the rope drop.. I also love being there right when it opens but you get to enjoy a few rides with no wait! I remember when I saw my first rope drop at Epcot during my first trip to disney.. and it was magical. I was literally the adult yelling- "Look Austin it's Mickey"!! hehe

I want to be able to see the actual rope! That'll be my next goal! It just makes entering the park so much more exciting to be there. It's like, beyond this one rope lies many adventures!

Monday, February 21: We're soarin', flyin' ...

(there's not a star in heav ... oh wait, wrong Soarin')

The last update was about following the masses to Soarin'. I had everyone’s tickets, so I went to get the FP for everyone. They could take their time walking down and taking the escalator, but I zipped in and out of crowds. Don't worry, I wasn't cutting or anything like that. I just wanted to get away from the huge mob of people. It was really getting to me and since we were inside, it got a little claustrophobic.

IMG_8718.jpg

Again, all the wait times and the FP distribution times really reminded me of Joni because of her PTR game! Even Howard remembered this one!

IMG_6311.jpg

I went to the machine all the way to the left because people don’t go to that one either. It actually wasn’t working, so a CM was there asking for the number in the party and spitting out tickets. I showed her the 5 tickets though, so I could get the 5. That would’ve been awesome if the lands weren’t so far apart. I could’ve dashed over to Test Track to get FP at that point since we didn’t scan the tickets. Of course, you all know the distance from one to the other, and it just wasn’t worth it.

After securing FP, we hopped in line to ride. Well, Howard and I had to get the attention of the kids! Haha. They were standing off to the side waiting, and they didn't realize we were done and could get on the standby line.

IMG_6312.jpg

It was about a 30-40 minute wait from this point. It's kind of crazy how quickly time passes when at WDW because 20 minutes at work does NOT go by this fast!

IMG_8719.jpg

There was a girl behind us that kept trying to cut in front of Nik. We saw it, and we stood in a straight line going across so that she couldn’t pass us. When we got to the Concourse, we saw that the girl was waiting off to the side where the CM stands at the spot to collect FP. She was waiting for the rest of her party to catch up. What was the point of trying to cut in front of us? You still had to wait anyway! I also don’t like when that happens when people send one person ahead in line and the other person waits for FP. It’s not the end of the world to get on it before a few more people. Chill out! Everyone will get on!

Howard and Ray talked photography while I mentally planned out the rest of the day. It was amusing to hear Howard give Ray tips though because Ray has a Nikon and Howard’s a Canon purist, haha. Good thing he’s marrying a Canon girl! Here are the pictures I was able to take with just the point and shoot. They're not as clear as Howard's, but they'll do for me since I don't have the patience to set up shots.

IMG_8720.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

Here are just some of the pictures that Howard took. It took a bit to get these shots set up, but he really enjoys photographing here. He was still playing around with setting this entire trip since Disney is really the only place where he spends a LOT of time with his DSLR.

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

As much as I love looking at Howard's good pics, it does bum me out when he gets pics like this. Haha, he should've taken another one at least since he took a bunch of just the scenery stuff!

IMG_6324.jpg

Here are the 4 of them waiting in line. Even though I'm not a fan of the Soarin' queue, I do really like the blue glow it casts in pictures because it's very specific to the queue!

IMG_8722.jpg

I was beyond thrilled to watch the 3 experience Soarin’ for the first time. None of them had ridden it before, so they weren’t quite sure what to expect. As luck would have it, we were able to get the 1st row! Yay to no dangling feet in front of us!

IMG_8727.jpg

At first Nik wasn't sure if she was going to keep her shoes on. She didn't want them to fall off. But then she said she didn't want people looking at her feet! Haha. She didn't really know how far we would be from the row below us.

IMG_8728.jpg

Excited for the FIRST Disney ride!

IMG_8729.jpg

I was sitting between Nik and Howard, so Howard took a pic with my camera.

IMG_8730.jpg

Before we took off, I was looking at the rafters (?) to the right because there's an important part in Kingdom Keepers 3 that takes place here ...

IMG_8731.jpg

Remember, no crazy dancing!

IMG_6326.jpg

I spent most of that ride watching their reactions since I’ve ridden it myself many, many times.

IMG_8733.jpg

It was so cute when Nik jumped and yelped a bit when one of the scenes changed because it just startled her! Haha, this is a posed picture though.

IMG_8734.jpg

I really love the ride myself. The one thing I love the most is the beach scene where it seems as if your feet are going to be dipped into the waves of water! The one thing I hate is the city scene. The moving cars/lights must be going too fast for me or something because I get slightly dizzy if I try to watch it.

The 3 of ‘em also loved the ride. It was definitely a good first ride! There’s nothing scary about it (well, unless you’re afraid of heights), and it showcases how Disney utilizes technology. I explained to Nik how the Imagineer came up with the concept of lifting up all the rows while playing with an old building set instead of having different floors of loading. I was well on my way of turning them into Disney fanatics too!

Thanks Rae, now I'm singing that song! :laughing: Jared was a HUGE HSM fan and we must have watched those movies 100 times.

Bummer that picture of you girls is blurry, it looks like it would have been really cute!

I get slightly dizzy during the city scene too, it's the only part of the ride I don't like.

Aww, nothing like the first ride of the trip!! I'm glad the "kids" (LOL) enjoyed it so much!

First of all, love the HSM reference. It's funny you used that line because whenever I hear that song I always think of Soarin' just because they use the word "soarin'". :rotfl:

Ahh yes, that FP dash is quite nuts. Unless it's raining...you'll hear more about that in my TR. :rolleyes: But it is a great first ride. I like seeing first timers' reactions too, mostly because everyone's kind of afraid and then they all say it was awesome. haha

Hooray for getting the first row! It's so exciting watching first-timers experience Disney :goodvibes

I agree with you about Soarin's queue- I think it is such a snooze-fest :laughing:

I am really excited to see Howard's pictures! I think he did a pretty good job! It's always hard when setting your controls initially to take the shot. Did he find the class useful?

Yay! You guys were so early for Soarin'! My sisters sat on the top row too for the first time so their experience was just as good! The next time, we had requested middle top!

I have only stood in the stand-by line once for Soarin'. I didn't realize they had the motion sensor games in that line. It was only fun for like 10 seconds. :lmao:

I like how you got to watch the CM's walk to their attraction. That sounds so fun!

Ok I have to tell you my Soarin' cutter story:
I went with 2 girlfriends and we were in the stand-by line. This older woman, maybe mid-late 30s was dragging her maybe 2-3 yr old son behind and she was going through saying "excuse me, pardon me" and pushed through. We assumed that she was looking for maybe her DH or the rest of her party. Maybe her DS had to use the restroom or something.

We get to the end of the line, queue up in our designated row and who is in front of us? The woman and her child. Alone. With no other people. I said to my friends, in a very LOUD voice (I'm not shy when it comes to ignorant people) "is this the woman that just cut us all in line?!" She doesn't even look at me, picks up her child and cradles him as if I was going to attack her. Weirdo. :rotfl2:

How great that you got row 1?! :thumbsup2

Weeeeeeee Soarin'! I think my face looked exactly like Nik's when I first rode Soarin'!

So glad you got the first row! :cloud9:

Yay, Soarin!!! One of my favorite rides ever! It must have been fun to go on it with first timers! :thumbsup2 I love sitting in the front row too, it kind of ruins it a little when you have to see people's feet dangling in front of you! :laughing:

I'm not a big fan of the Soarin queue either, I do like all the blue, but once you get past the blue and have to wait in that boring hallway, it seems like time stands still! :eek:

Yay! I had two updates to read, so I sat back with a glass of Crystal Light and took my time reading them! I love watching your videos, they make me feel like I am right there with you! :goodvibes

I have no clue what those triangle things are either. I always assumed they were some solar panel thingies, but I really don't even know what I mean when I say solar panel. I have no clue...but they look cool! :confused3

That picture of the father and his son is amazing! It seriously looks just like something they would put in a Disney advertisement! I love that they were off in the peace and quiet just doing their own thing. That's so nice! :lovestruc

I am so flattered that you and Howard thought of my PTR game on your trip! By the way, I was reminded today that I never sent off your prizes! :guilty: I am so ashamed of myself! John put them in a box and I never got around to mailing them, and then I forgot all about them! I am determined to mail them ASAP; I feel terrible! I will just go ahead and tell you that I bought you a Mickey kitchen towel for you and Howard to use in your home when you get married. It's white and light green, which I thought was pretty. I'm sorry I made you wait months for a kitchen towel! :sad1:

Anyway, I'm so glad your group got to sit in row 1 for their first adventure on Soarin'! I have never been in row 1 and I always get a little aggravated with the dangling feet. It's still a great ride though! My favorite part is when you go over the orange (orchard, grove?) and smell oranges. I love it!

Soarin' is the perfect way to start a Disney day. I bet it was fun riding with first timers. I love the part where it looks like my feet will touch the water, too. :love:

Hooray for Soarin'! I love that ride! The beach scene is also one of my favorites for that very same reason. :goodvibes It's even better when you do have your shoes off, then! It's such a unique ride...I love the smells, too. I'm glad you & the kiddies enjoyed it!

I've spent the last 4 days reading your TR! I LOVE all the details you put into it...it makes me feel I am experiencing Disney with you, and I am definitely going through withdrawals since we just returned from the Sunshine State without paying a visit to the mouse! :eek: Your TR is helping me cope!

Cannot wait for more!

I'm ALL caught up! I always feel guilty not keeping up with your TRs, especially when I'm in them! Maybe I should start thinking about doing a photo-TR for April ;)

Hehehe, I ALWAYS hear that song when I see "Soarin'". Then I remember it's not Zac's voice for a lot of it and shift over to "Can I Have This Dance" and then I'm not thinking about the ride anymore :D

Thanks Su-Lynn! I did find the class helpful. I think it gave me the confidence to play with settings on the fly so I can get more dynamic shots instead of shooting on program. Thanks for your help :thumbsup2

Can we go to CB soon? I'm hungry and we need to go out on a date again :lovestruc

Thank you for all the Soarin pictures! I absolutely love this ride and I only got to ride it once last time because DH said it gave him motion sickness. This time I'm going to make sure I ride it more than once and he can just sit with his eyes closed! hehe

Thank you for all the Soarin pictures! I absolutely love this ride and I only got to ride it once last time because DH said it gave him motion sickness. This time I'm going to make sure I ride it more than once and he can just sit with his eyes closed! hehe

Jen, have your DH take Bonine in the morning before you get to Epcot and ask him to try the ride again - it works wonders for me!!

Wow. I'm so behind. First off - I'm so sorry to hear about all the wedding stress! But Yay for a new date. May is a wonderful time of year! And it means you get 2 Disney trips in 2 months. Lucky duck!

Sucks about the CB dinner. Hope you get to go again and they make up for it!

Yay for the no - feet view on Soarin' That's always the best! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter