Delicious dinner at Olivia's

JudithM

DIS Veteran
We -three adults - had a delicious dinner at Olivia's last night. My husband had the meatloaf special, and my friend and I each had the pasta and shrimp entree. We shared the cheesecake for dessert; it was creamy and flavorful. Food was delicious, and portions were good sized. We felt the prices were good - on par with what we would pay at home.

Having our last dinner at Olivias is becoming a tradition for our family...We like the food, the atmosphere, and the boat ride to DTD in the evening seems so magical. :love:

We -three adults - had a delicious dinner at Olivia's last night. My husband had the meatloaf special, and my friend and I each had the pasta and shrimp entree. We shared the cheesecake for dessert; it was creamy and flavorful. Food was delicious, and portions were good sized. We felt the prices were good - on par with what we would pay at home.

That's great to hear. Last time we ate dinner there was 8 years ago. Food was fair, expensive, and service was slow. Sounds like we need to give it a second chance. We did eat lunch there last year, and enjoyed it.

We somehow missed eating at Olivia's last visit, but will most definitely eat there during our upcoming trip. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal at Olivia's.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Had lunch there back in July. Actually was a late lunch and two of us ordered 3 items from the appetizer menu and shared. Everything was very good. Mozzarella & tomato salad was particularly tasty and nicely presented.

Olivia's is one of those spots that has fallen victim to a lot of criticism in recent years. The menu may not have some long-remembered favorites anymore. And perhaps the quality did go downhill sharply 5-7 years ago. But that doesn't mean that it's incapable of rebounding.

Based upon my recent experience, it's a place we won't hesitate to visit again and I would encourage anyone who hasn't been there for a few years to give it another look.

We usually end up at Olivia's once a trip. It's a great place that you can decide to go to last minute, there's never a wait. I can't say I've ever had a bad meal. They did take our favorite off the menu, sometimes it is available as a special (Chicken with gravy). One time we met the chef and he said if we called ahead, he would make it for us. Which he did on the next trip!

We had a great experience at Olivia's in July 2009. We had just become DVC members and decided to eat lunch at Olivia's. Besides the food being very good, my younger daughter is named Olivia. The cast found out and they all signed a menu for her. She has it hanging in her room. What a great way to start our DVC membership and end that vacation.

~susan

We were just there a couple of weeks ago and ate lunch there twice. The appetizer (tomato salad) and sandwich (Cuban) with homemade chips were so good, that we decided to eat there for lunch again. Besides being delicious, I also thought the prices were reasonable. The sandwiches are large as well, so dh and I split one both times.:thumbsup2

Olivia's is one of those spots that has fallen victim to a lot of criticism in recent years. The menu may not have some long-remembered favorites anymore.
The waiter did mention that the menu had recently changed. It's a shame there was so much criticism because we have always found something good to eat there :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter