Deleted

mommyoftwinfants said:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. [/B]

You sure this idea isn't from someone in the marketing department of another gas company? ;)

Isn't Mobil/Exxon one of the last American-owned gas companies? I know BP is British Petroleum, Shell is Dutch owned, Citgo is owned by a south american government (not remembering this moment which). I'm not saying you have to buy American, but it is nice to be aware of where the profit goes....

These types of chain letters related to not buying gas are quite frankly...useless. Gas prices are rising almost exclusively due to the incredible rise in global demand, (specifically in rapidly developing China and India) and our reliance on foreign sources of oil. Since it doesn't appear that those two things will be changing in the very near future, higher gas prices are going to be the norm. We're just at $3.00 a gallon for premium now here in Orlando. I hear low grade will be around $3.25 this summer here....putting premium up in the $3.60s or so. And if we get any interruptions due to hurricanes or future issues in the middle east....even higher. However, boycotting one or two stations will have zero impact on the price of gas. All it would do is cause traffic snarls all over the place and cause individual gas station owners (who do not set the price) to go out of business.

The only way to have a real impact on gas prices in your own life is to personally use less gas. If we all did that, well, that would have an impact. However, that's not likely to happen either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter